June 12, 200719 yr BA, 1st Pitch in Play: Cabrera -- .513 ( 20/39) I'm assuming this stat means his success at getting hits when swinging at the first pitch? If so, I will no longer yell "patience!" at my TV screen.
June 12, 200719 yr I think it's accounting for the times when he swings at the first pitch and makes contact on a ball hit in fair territory, not just when he swings at the first pitch. (It doesn't really make much sense why it's something worth keeping track of.)
June 12, 200719 yr Author I think it's accounting for the times when he swings at the first pitch and makes contact on a ball hit in fair territory, not just when he swings at the first pitch. Ahh. Ok. That was the other possibility running through my head.
June 12, 200719 yr That stat is self explanitory. 1st Pitch in PLAY Meaning when he swings at the first pitch and puts it in play
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.