Morning TV Shows

CapeFish

Back in January, NBC announced that a fourth hour of Today would air. That means Today runs from 7-11 AM ET/PT. That is alot of television. Some NBC affiliates, such as WTVJ NBC6 in Miami already have newscasts at 10 or 11 in the morning, so that means news would be on WTVJ in one way or another from 4:30am with Early Today all the way to noon if they slide South Florida Today back to 11am from its current 10am slot.

How much Meredith Viera + Matt Lauer can we take?

ABC is skimping either. It airs news in the mornings from 3:30 am starting with World News Now all the way through Good Morning America which ends at 9am. Disney's Live with Regis & Kelly airs on many ABC stations from 9-10am. Then you have The View, which while not a newscast...it is news/talk in nature, airing at 11 in the morning. Some ABC stations may air news in the 10 am hour.

My major gripe with GMA is Sam Champion....he may be great in New York...but spare us non-New Yorkers from him please!

Then you have CBS and their Early Show. In 2008, local CBS stations will have to carry the entire Early Show (thank god...I hate missing things because my local CBS affiliate, WINK or WCTV, decides to do their own interview that could easily be done at another time) or drop the show. CBS also has early starts to their newsday but it airs the most sane block. Up to the Minute starts at around 3:35am and it all ends with the Early Show signing off at 9am.

I really hope the Early Show can get its act together. I actually like tuning in as they usually have better anchors in my opinion including Maggie Rodriguez. Maybe sneak Katie Couric down from the CBS Evening News...even though I like her there alot.

Maybe sneak Katie Couric down from the CBS Evening News...even though I like her there alot.

I think you may be the only one. Doesn't she have lower ratings than Rather did?

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/evenin...ngs/default.asp

Evening News Ratings: Week of June 25

This is "ABC's 10th consecutive week in the top spot:"

For the week of June 25:

Total viewers: ABC: 7,760,000 / NBC: 7,470,000 / CBS: 6,170,000

25-54 demo: ABC: 2,420,000 / NBC: 2,240,000 / CBS: 1,900,000

25-54 rating: ABC: 2.0/9 / NBC: 1.8/8 / CBS: 1.6/7

I thought she was below Uncle Bob from a year before, but not Rather. Still, I like her broadcast and her reporters are much more comprehensive in the details compared to NBC (which I watched before). ABC is pretty good, but Charlie won't last forever there. She has been on an uptick lately.

Back in January, NBC announced that a fourth hour of Today would air. That means Today runs from 7-11 AM ET/PT. That is alot of television. Some NBC affiliates, such as WTVJ NBC6 in Miami already have newscasts at 10 or 11 in the morning, so that means news would be on WTVJ in one way or another from 4:30am with Early Today all the way to noon if they slide South Florida Today back to 11am from its current 10am slot.

How much Meredith Viera + Matt Lauer can we take?

ABC is skimping either. It airs news in the mornings from 3:30 am starting with World News Now all the way through Good Morning America which ends at 9am. Disney's Live with Regis & Kelly airs on many ABC stations from 9-10am. Then you have The View, which while not a newscast...it is news/talk in nature, airing at 11 in the morning. Some ABC stations may air news in the 10 am hour.

OMG 3:30 am! Who is watching then?

I've done it before esp. when I had an early 8am class with a big test that morning. Wakeup at 4am or so and watch the very early newscasts while preparing for breakfast and my drive in. Get some studying in....helps to wakeup. :lol

I've done it when waking up when ill too. I am a hard sleeper, but I don't go to sleep very well.

Damn my professors and their insistance on 8-9am classes.

I've done it before esp. when I had an early 8am class with a big test that morning. Wakeup at 4am or so and watch the very early newscasts while preparing for breakfast and my drive in. Get some studying in....helps to wakeup. :lol

I've done it when waking up when ill too. I am a hard sleeper, but I don't go to sleep very well.

Damn my professors and their insistance on 8-9am classes.

Most people dont get up 4 hours before class.

I guess they really dont have anything to lose because there is nothing else on at 3:30 am. You have to figure that people who have to get to work at 5am, would get up as late as possible and not watch tv with their breakfast.

Most people dont get up 4 hours before class.

I guess they really dont have anything to lose because there is nothing else on at 3:30 am. You have to figure that people who have to get to work at 5am, would get up as late as possible and not watch tv with their breakfast.

I can't pull all-nighters....but the nerves are still there. So I get up early, watch some TV, then eat plenty of breakfast foods to calm the stomach and study. Works well enough....I don't anticipate having those issues this year though. :D

It can't be too much news, if it isn't actually the news...the reason those shows (Today, Good Morning America) can move to four hours is because it's 10% news 90% entertainment.

As for the 3:30 thing. I know of many people who get up that early to go into DC (mostly government workers). Don't know if they watch the news or not, but its certainly a possibility. I mean the only other thing on is infomercials basically.

Guest marlins02

those ABC employees are gonna be pissed off :lol :lol

i go in to work on the weekends at 6 pissed off myself wondering who the hell watches news at 7 am on a saturday, these people are thinking the same way about watching news at 3:30.