Martin Gelinas probably will return to the Cats...

It doesn't look like Martin Gelinas is going to be offered a contract by either Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver. That means he's coming back to the Panthers for at least a third season. Gelinas signs with the Cats sooner than later.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers...some-stuff.html

Well thats great news, nobody else wants to offer him a deal so he has to settle for the panthers :|

It doesn't look like Martin Gelinas is going to be offered a contract by either Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver. That means he's coming back to the Panthers for at least a third season. Gelinas signs with the Cats sooner than later.

Well thats great news, nobody else wants to offer him a deal so he has to settle for the panthers :|

in fairness to him, he's from that area, and wants to live there when he decides to hang em up.

i'm guessing there's plenty of interest in gelinas around the league....just not from the northwest canadian teams.

in fairness to him, he's from that area, and wants to live there when he decides to hang em up.

i'm guessing there's plenty of interest in gelinas around the league....just not from the northwest canadian teams.

His family was said to have hated it down here in South Florida. I find it kind of surprising that he'd return.

His family already moved back...however, if he still wants to play, I think Florida is the only team with the room to let him play. I hope for his sake Calgary signs him but if he still wants to play, I'd be very happy to have his work ethic back down here.

His family was said to have hated it down here in South Florida. I find it kind of surprising that he'd return.

His family already moved back...however, if he still wants to play, I think Florida is the only team with the room to let him play. I hope for his sake Calgary signs him but if he still wants to play, I'd be very happy to have his work ethic back down here.

Either way, he's still a decent forechecker and will do anything to get to the puck. We need a winger and he'll bring some veteran leadership to the fourth line. As long he stops committing stupid penalties late in the third period, I don't have a problem with him coming back.

Either way, he's still a decent forechecker and will do anything to get to the puck. We need a winger and he'll bring some veteran leadership to the fourth line. As long he stops committing stupid penalties late in the third period, I don't have a problem with him coming back.