July 30, 200719 yr Jupiter Hammerheads (Florida Marlins) THE WEEK THAT WAS: Jupiter nearly pulled off a perfect week. The Hammerheads won their first four games before dropping a 5-2 decision to Daytona. The strong showing pulled Jupiter within two games of FSL East leader, Brevard County. WHO'S HOT, WHO'S NOT: C Gaby Sanchez is on fire. The University of Miami product is hitting .382 in his last 10 games (13 hits in 34 at-bats) and an even .500 in his last five games (eight hits in 16 at-bats). . . . SP Christopher Volstad is having a tough time getting anyone out. In his last 12 innings, Volstad has allowed 15 hits and been tagged for 11 earned runs.
July 30, 200719 yr why would we move him up? not that I'm fully against it he's having himself an awesome July
July 31, 200719 yr Author He also had a pretty good June. i was just checking if your arch nemesis had gain some more legs of that prospect star or he had disappeared since he went to Jupiter or he sh*t the bed this season or also struggle big time against low level competition .i think that Gaby has proven he is a ball player and has proven he is 1 of the top players in the FSL and needs to go to AA to do even better. PS i think i don't have to put up stats you know were they are.
July 31, 200719 yr He also had a pretty good June. i was just checking if your arch nemesis had gain some more legs of that prospect star or he had disappeared since he went to Jupiter or he sh*t the bed this season or also struggle big time against low level competition .i think that Gaby has proven he is a ball player and has proven he is 1 of the top players in the FSL and needs to go to AA to do even better. PS i think i don't have to put up stats you know were they are. He's having a nice second half he isn't one of the top players in the FSL though and Gaby's prospect star isn't nearly as bright as it was last year
July 31, 200719 yr Author i would say that from what his doing in the FSL his prospect star has gain allot of power but it doesn't matter you don't like him and are bios to him
July 31, 200719 yr i would say that from what his doing in the FSL his prospect star has gain allot of power but it doesn't matter you don't like him and are bios to him i have nothing against him :lol but nothing about this year makes his prospect star go higher than it was last year we'll see what he can do in Carolina in 2008
July 31, 200719 yr Author ramp just a little correction on Gaby being one of the top players in FSL his 3rd in runs 15th in hits 5th in doubles 11th in RBI 14th in TB 7th in BB 15th in OBP 17th in OPS i think that qualified as one of the top players.
August 1, 200719 yr Im not gonna lie it seems Gaby has found his stroke in Juiter but he's still a little too old for high A to be considered a great prospect which is why I would'nt be opposed to him being called up to AA.
August 1, 200719 yr 17th in OPS isn't that impressive, considering there's only 73 stat qualified players in the FSL. I'm not saying he's not doing well, but .800 in the FSL doesn't scream big prospect. I guess I don't really have an affinity for big slugging guys with 1 main skill who don't have a spot in the field. He's had a decent season, but nothing more than that. Definitely a disappointment from last years stop in Greensboro, although it was halfway expected by many. I agree though, he could get a promotion, but only because he's 24 and needs to get busy as I'm guessing he's going to need at least a year and half in AA.
August 3, 200719 yr 17th in OPS isn't that impressive, considering there's only 73 stat qualified players in the FSL. I'm not saying he's not doing well, but .800 in the FSL doesn't scream big prospect. I guess I don't really have an affinity for big slugging guys with 1 main skill who don't have a spot in the field. He's had a decent season, but nothing more than that. Definitely a disappointment from last years stop in Greensboro, although it was halfway expected by many. I agree though, he could get a promotion, but only because he's 24 and needs to get busy as I'm guessing he's going to need at least a year and half in AA. Cabrera never had an OPS above .754 before he got to Carolina, then he raked.
August 3, 200719 yr 17th in OPS isn't that impressive, considering there's only 73 stat qualified players in the FSL. I'm not saying he's not doing well, but .800 in the FSL doesn't scream big prospect. I guess I don't really have an affinity for big slugging guys with 1 main skill who don't have a spot in the field. He's had a decent season, but nothing more than that. Definitely a disappointment from last years stop in Greensboro, although it was halfway expected by many. I agree though, he could get a promotion, but only because he's 24 and needs to get busy as I'm guessing he's going to need at least a year and half in AA. Cabrera never had an OPS above .754 before he got to Carolina, then he raked. don't even attempt to compare the two players
August 3, 200719 yr 17th in OPS isn't that impressive, considering there's only 73 stat qualified players in the FSL. I'm not saying he's not doing well, but .800 in the FSL doesn't scream big prospect. I guess I don't really have an affinity for big slugging guys with 1 main skill who don't have a spot in the field. He's had a decent season, but nothing more than that. Definitely a disappointment from last years stop in Greensboro, although it was halfway expected by many. I agree though, he could get a promotion, but only because he's 24 and needs to get busy as I'm guessing he's going to need at least a year and half in AA. Cabrera never had an OPS above .754 before he got to Carolina, then he raked. don't even attempt to compare the two players I wasn't attempting to compare the players. Yes, I know going Sanchez is never going to come close to the production as Cabrera, blah blah. What I'm saying is that if a guy like Cabrera can't have OPS higher than .800 before AA, along with alot of other studs, I don't think you can excempt Sanchez from even being promoted, not to mention being a decent prospect.
August 3, 200719 yr He has improved every month. Which is nice to see, but being that hes a soon to be 24 year old in high A I still dont see the need to get overly excited about it, as he should be improving and before his recent trend had stalled on that development for quite some time.
August 3, 200719 yr 17th in OPS isn't that impressive, considering there's only 73 stat qualified players in the FSL. I'm not saying he's not doing well, but .800 in the FSL doesn't scream big prospect. I guess I don't really have an affinity for big slugging guys with 1 main skill who don't have a spot in the field. He's had a decent season, but nothing more than that. Definitely a disappointment from last years stop in Greensboro, although it was halfway expected by many. I agree though, he could get a promotion, but only because he's 24 and needs to get busy as I'm guessing he's going to need at least a year and half in AA. Cabrera never had an OPS above .754 before he got to Carolina, then he raked. don't even attempt to compare the two players I wasn't attempting to compare the players. Yes, I know going Sanchez is never going to come close to the production as Cabrera, blah blah. What I'm saying is that if a guy like Cabrera can't have OPS higher than .800 before AA, along with alot of other studs, I don't think you can excempt Sanchez from even being promoted, not to mention being a decent prospect. Dude Cabrera was a baby before he got to AA.
August 4, 200719 yr Author He has improved every month. Which is nice to see, but being that hes a soon to be 24 year old in high A I still dont see the need to get overly excited about it, as he should be improving and before his recent trend had stalled on that development for quite some time. come on spike are you for real Gaby is a stud and you know it . by the way i think Gaby has some Canadian blood in him
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.