Some things never change at The Herald

Marlins2003

It certainly came as no surprise that the two greatest Marlins-haters on the face of the earth, Clark Spencer and Dan LeBatard BOTH picked the Yankees in six in today's Miami Herald..

A wolf in sheep's clothing is still a wolf and Dan LeBatard, media scum of all media scum, proved once again that he is without conscience or conviction, just a guy blessed with a strong vocabulary and a gift for wordsmithing who will say anything at anytime, a loathesome individual totally devoid of civic pride.

There was nothing to lose on their part by picking The Fish. To pick the Yankees in six was a message to his peers accross the country, he might as well have said "Hey, this being South Florida I have no choice but to write some nice things about the Marlins because otherwise my house may get fire-bombed, but don't worry guys, deep down inside I hate them just as much as you do."

One had to know when Dave Barry's piece was the one chosen for today's front page, replete with back-handed compliments and thinly veiled insults about South Florida fans, that the Herald, was still as rabidly anti-Marlins as ever.

Where's the call for McKeon to be Manager of the Year and Beinfest for GM of the Year in the pieces published today on both men? Where's the admission that Marlins' poor attendance was as much the fault of the Mr. Spencer's and Mr. LeBatard's half decade long assasination attempt on South Florida baseball as anything else. Collectively, the Herald's staff, from editor Richard Bush on down has done everything in their power to destroy baseball here and when The Fish take the field tonight it will be a repudiation of everything Herald.

Lowell is still here. The same for Pudge who the Herald had out of here in June. Luis Castillo will still be at second and Penny, who the Herald had going to the Reds will be starting. The team wasn't contracted, nor did it move elsewhere as the Herald gleefully suggested was their fate. And no, trading three prospects for Uggie wasn't the worst trade of all time.

So when the Marlins take the Series from the Yanks, it will be a victory for all that is good about South Florida and a renunciation of all things Herald, and it will be an innoculation against future doses of Herald poison, which every Marlins fan knows, as surely as the sun coming up in the east, will start the day after the Marlins victory.

LeBatard & Spencer pick the Yankees, "Read all about it" !!!

It certainly came as no surprise that the two greatest Marlins-haters on the face of the earth, Clark Spencer and Dan LeBatard BOTH picked the Yankees in six in today's Miami Herald..

A wolf in sheep's clothing is still a wolf and Dan LeBatard, media scum of all media scum, proved once again that he is without conscience or conviction, just a guy blessed with a strong vocabulary and a gift for wordsmithing who will say anything at anytime, a loathesome individual totally devoid of civic pride.

There was nothing to lose on their part by picking The Fish. To pick the Yankees in six was a message to his peers accross the country, he might as well have said "Hey, this being South Florida I have no choice but to write some nice things about the Marlins because otherwise my house may get fire-bombed, but don't worry guys, deep down inside I hate them just as much as you do."

One had to know when Dave Barry's piece was the one chosen for today's front page, replete with back-handed compliments and thinly veiled insults about South Florida fans, that the Herald, was still as rabidly anti-Marlins as ever.

Where's the call for McKeon to be Manager of the Year and Beinfest for GM of the Year in the pieces published today on both men? Where's the admission that Marlins' poor attendance was as much the fault of the Mr. Spencer's and Mr. LeBatard's half decade long assasination attempt on South Florida baseball as anything else. Collectively, the Herald's staff, from editor Richard Bush on down has done everything in their power to destroy baseball here and when The Fish take the field tonight it will be a repudiation of everything Herald.

Lowell is still here. The same for Pudge who the Herald had out of here in June. Luis Castillo will still be at second and Penny, who the Herald had going to the Reds will be starting. The team wasn't contracted, nor did it move elsewhere as the Herald gleefully suggested was their fate. And no, trading three prospects for Uggie wasn't the worst trade of all time.

So when the Marlins take the Series from the Yanks, it will be a victory for all that is good about South Florida and a renunciation of all things Herald, and it will be an innoculation against future doses of Herald poison, which every Marlins fan knows, as surely as the sun coming up in the east, will start the day after the Marlins victory.

LeBatard & Spencer pick the Yankees, "Read all about it" !!!

I can see how some national media could pick New York, but in a series this evenly matched, I think the local guys should really show support and pick the Marlins. The Marlins have been amazing all year, and for the LOCAL MEDIA to STILL pick against them is ridiculous. I don't understand how these 2 guys could pick the yanks, when their hometown team is just as good if not better than them, so I see your argument there for sure.

It doesn't surprise me that Le Betard picked the Yankees to win. After all, he said that the Dolphins would lose last week to the Jaguars, which was a stupid pick. He was probably the only guy in the country that thought the Jags would actually beat the Dolphins.

GO MARLINS!! (Marlins in 5)

just a guy blessed with a strong vocabulary and a gift for wordsmithing who will say anything at anytime, a loathesome individual totally devoid of civic pride.

Blessed? Le Retard's columns are at best remedial, and usually lack any significant depth. A wordsmith? I've seen better writing in college newspapers.

And this has nothing to do with the Fish. Notwithstanding Le Retard's constant waffling and flip-flopping on issues, the one constant remains his lack of creativity and poor constructs, regardless of issue.

His second-rate writing skills are just another reason why the Herald is the worst big-city newspaper in the United States.

just a guy blessed with a strong vocabulary and a gift for wordsmithing who will say anything at anytime, a loathesome individual totally devoid of civic pride.

Blessed? Le Retard's columns are at best remedial, and usually lack any significant depth. A wordsmith? I've seen better writing in college newspapers.

And this has nothing to do with the Fish. Notwithstanding Le Retard's constant waffling and flip-flopping on issues, the one constant remains his lack of creativity and poor constructs, regardless of issue.

His second-rate writing skills are just another reason why the Herald is the worst big-city newspaper in the United States.

Gee, and some people think I'm too hard on the guy lol

I for one would respect him if he wrote what he truly believed rather than the way he does, which is to say one thing out of one side of his mouth and something else from the other.

Funny, I have already talked with him about all this in an email. Or two. I constantly call him a fake, a poser all the time. He may be doing so to avoid a 'jinx', but I doubt it. This guy is in love with himself, and I dont know why. He has nothing to love, and he is a rather mediocre writer. But that aside, to pick the Marlins would be to have some balls, and as we all know, Le Retard has none.

Spencer - who cares. Actually, I dont read either's work anyway. The Sun Sentinel is better, but not by much. Face it, this media down here sucks. We know it, they know it. Boycott them.