Wii owners, get ready for...

Libelula

No More Heroes

I just found out that the release date has been pushed up to January 22 and I can't wait. This game is from the same director that brought us Killer7 (A rail-shooter from 2005 for the PS2/GC with a sick, twisted story) but it's a much different game. No More Heroes will be an open ended game with lots of stuff to do. You play as Travis Touchdown and you try to make yourself the number 1 assassin by taking out the 10 ranked ahead of you. I haven't read much about it since November because I don't want pics or info to spoil anything for me so I can't remember much but trust me, you won't want to miss this game. It's been out in Japan since early December and received great ratings from Famitsu, a Japanese video game magazine. Here are some links if anyone is interested.

English Site

Japanese Site

IGN: No More Heroes

Screenshots from Famitsu

Killer7 is only 8 or 9 bucks at GameStop if you're interested. I suggest you pick it up. I paid 50 bucks for it on the first day it came out and played non-stop for a week. I even brought the crap to my job. Though the game is completely linear, it never gets old with the insane enemies and bosses they throw at you. And even when you beat the game, there's no way you'll know what the hell just happened. The game can be pretty funny at times too, if you can believe that.

Killer7 is only 8 or 9 bucks at GameStop if you're interested. I suggest you pick it up. I paid 50 bucks for it on the first day it came out and played non-stop for a week. I even brought the crap to my job. Though the game is completely linear, it never gets old with the insane enemies and bosses they throw at you. And even when you beat the game, there's no way you'll know what the hell just happened. The game can be pretty funny at times too, if you can believe that.

Stupid thing is that my brother actually bought the game a year back and I never felt compelled to go play it. I think I might reconsider that :mischief

• 2 weeks later...

The game ships the 22nd and will be in stores the 23rd so just 5 more days, people. It's been getting great reviews everywhere despite not selling well in Japan. Everywhere I site I've seen that has reviewed this has given it a 9 or higher. Just 5 more days!

Finally a game that will be as playable as Super Mario Galaxy. I was disappointed with a lot of releases, but this is a good game from what I have been reading.

The game ships the 22nd and will be in stores the 23rd so just 5 more days, people. It's been getting great reviews everywhere despite not selling well in Japan. Everywhere I site I've seen that has reviewed this has given it a 9 or higher. Just 5 more days!

Finally a game that will be as playable as Super Mario Galaxy. I was disappointed with a lot of releases, but this is a good game from what I have been reading.

And in just 2 days, you'll be able to play it! WEEEEEEEEEE!

Scores (Taken from GameFAQs):

XPlay:

5 out of 5 = 100% Perfect Score

Ngamer UK

94 out of 100 = 94.0%

Gamespot:

9 out of 10 = 90%

Games Radar:

9 out of 10 = 90%

n-Revolution Magazine UK

9 out of 10 = 90%

EDGE

9 out of 10 = 90%

4 Color Rebellion Review:

9 out of 10 = 90%

GamePro:

4.5 out of 5 = 90%

Weekly Famitsu:

9/10, 8/10, 8/10, 9/10 = 85%

Gametrailers:

8.2 out of 10 = 82%

IGN:

7.8 out of 10 = 78%

Also, my GameStop called me and said they'd have it TODAY. TODAY IS THE BIG DAY!

The day has arrived! I got to my local GameStop just as they received their shipment for the day. I was first to pick up a brand new copy of No More Heroes. Got home, played it, and it's freaking awesome. It's exactly what I thought it'd be, and better. The fighting is so smooth and you really can't feel the whole style of the game until you play it. I've only played for an hour (Has to turn it off because it's raining like crazy) but I love it.

PICK IT UP, WII OWNERS!

Just beat it. Took me 17 hours and 19 minutes. A fantastic games with a lot of ups and downs. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone that wants to play it but I feel kind of disappointed by the game;s story. It was great, but after beating it I still feel kinda empty. Usually when I beat a game I feel like I accomplished something. At the end of this game I kinda thought "that's it?" Maybe it's because the ending kinda sucks. Still, I recommend this to anyone looking for a different type of game. Lots of style in here. I'd probably give it an 8.4.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.