Spring Training!

FlPhillie

Can't wait. About month away from Pitchers and catchers reporting.

I bought a plane ticket down to Tampa. I'm headed down from Thursday Feb 28 to Sunday March second.

Seeing the Phillies @ Pirates in Bradenton on Friday the 29th.

Yankees @ Phillies in Clearwater Saturday the 1st

Phillies @ Yankess in Tampa on March 2nd and Flying back to Philly in the evening.

SO PUMPED... Moved back to PA in September, and have endured my first full winter in over 5 years. My girlfriend grew up in Spring Hill, so we have free lodging with the family.

Any of you guys going to Spring Training?

the reds are taking advantage of their time in town to visit goodyear today and meet with city officials, tour the town and look at the specs for the new ST facility that is being built

this is very preliminary - but goodyear is looking for a 2nd team and the reds initiated the visit

the reds are taking advantage of their time in town to visit goodyear today and meet with city officials, tour the town and look at the specs for the new ST facility that is being built

this is very preliminary - but goodyear is looking for a 2nd team and the reds initiated the visit

man.

It seems like everyone wants to move to Arizona for ST now. Pretty soon there won't be any left in Florida :confused

the arizona sports & tourism authority keeps the money flowing and there are enough emerging communities that want a ball park village to drive commerce in their cities

not to mention the population growth of the area (driven mainly by regions that have a strong MLB presence) and that the longest any team would have to travel is 2 hrs down to tucson, with most games being a 30 minute shuttle around town

AZ is being very aggressive and FL will have to determine how important ST is to their own tourism and development

it definitely sucks for residents in FL - however selfishly I live about 1.5 miles from where the goodyear stadium is being built - would love to be able to walk to the stadium and have a few beers with games on pretty much everyday

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.