Reagan Mauia charged with battery

Puma

http://www.local10.com/sports/15857588/detail.html

WESTON, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins fullback Reagan Mauia was arrested early Friday morning by the Broward Sheriff's Office on a charge of misdemeanor battery.According to the arrest affidavit, the incident occurred in the parking lot of the Carolina Ale House, located at 2618 Weston Road, just before midnight.Mauia, 23, punched a man in the face, "causing the victim to pass out and fall to the ground," according to the affidavit.

The victim's girlfriend and another man who were standing in the parking lot when the 6-foot, 270-pound Mauia walked by witnessed the incident, according to the affidavit."Mauia asked the victim, Michael Gianatassio, what the f--- he was looking at," the affidavit states. "Gianatassio said he wasn't looking at anyone. Mauia became upset and said, 'You should know,' as he approached Gianatassio. All of a sudden, Mauia punched Gianatassio in the face with a closed fist."

He then allegedly drove away in a black Cadillac Escalade, but not before a witness took a picture of the license plate with a cell phone camera. A deputy ran the tag and went to the listed address with the witness.Mauia came to the door and "denied that he was at the Ale House," the affidavit states. The witness positively identified Mauia as the man who hit Gianatassio.The deputy arrested Mauia and transported him to a Broward County jail, where he was held on $1,000 bond. He bonded out Friday morning.A team official told Local 10 the Dolphins can't comment until they learn more about the incident.Mauia was a rookie last year from the University of Hawaii.

Kinda get the feeling that Bill Parcells is not gonna want this guy around for much longer, lol.

mannnnn what you guys dont know is that the dude in the parking lot was roughing up his chick for a minute, and reagan acting like a gentlemen hit dude.....

my boy is a server at the ale house he told me what was good, before reagan even made his move, he asked if there were any cameras outside the manager told em no....

he just went out to help the chick....... dumb ass witnesses...... i applaud reagan for what he did, becuz what i heard is that dude was slapping his girl outside for good amount of time......

then he pushed it her on the car, and reagan did what he had to do......

i hope we dont release him ova this sh*t, that would be stupid wait till the whole story comes out and then judge regan for what he did

mannnnn what you guys dont know is that the dude in the parking lot was roughing up his chick for a minute, and reagan acting like a gentlemen hit dude.....

my boy is a server at the ale house he told me what was good, before reagan even made his move, he asked if there were any cameras outside the manager told em no....

he just went out to help the chick....... dumb ass witnesses...... i applaud reagan for what he did, becuz what i heard is that dude was slapping his girl outside for good amount of time......

then he pushed it her on the car, and reagan did what he had to do......

i hope we dont release him ova this sh*t, that would be stupid wait till the whole story comes out and then judge regan for what he did

Then why would he say he wasn't even there on the affidavit? Why wouldn't he tell the police of his chivalry? Im gonna wait to pass judgement like everyone else, but he certainly didn't help himself by lying.