April 12, 200818 yr Its way to early in the season to start claming ourselves as the surprise team. All of us know we have a young talented team thats capable of winning games. However, we still have alot of things to work on. Starting pitching being the main area. Until we can get consistent pitching from our rotation and stay playing the way we are offensively then we can most likely put together a solid season. I know where you're coming from, but I think a big aspect so far is that most people thought our offense would be down after losing Cabrera, and yet we have Jake and now Hermida as well doing much more than picking up the slack. I don't expect that we'll have many 6HR games, but honestly consider the fact that we had one at all, and that we had 5 different guys doing it. You can't be anything but happy about it cause its also not as though it just one or two guys doing it all.
April 12, 200818 yr I know where you're coming from, but I think a big aspect so far is that most people thought our offense would be down after losing Cabrera, and yet we have Jake and now Hermida as well doing much more than picking up the slack. If Jacobs, Hermida, and Willingham stay healthy we will be a better hitting team than last season. That makes for a trio of .850+ OPS (maybe .900+) guys right there.
April 12, 200818 yr I know where you're coming from, but I think a big aspect so far is that most people thought our offense would be down after losing Cabrera, and yet we have Jake and now Hermida as well doing much more than picking up the slack. If Jacobs, Hermida, and Willingham stay healthy we will be a better hitting team than last season. That makes for a trio of .850+ OPS (maybe .900+) guys right there. I agree 110%. That was my thought once Hermida got his first hit back on Wednesday when he came back.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.