Hopkins vs Calzaghe

Would have been a better fight 5-7 years ago but still an interesting fight . styles make fights either this will an exciting fight because calzaghe will be able to control the tempo and make Hopkins fight at a faster pace than he is accustomed , or this fight will be one of the worst fights in recent memory where Hopkins uses his defense to stink out the fight or calzaghe who has a history of hand problems hurts his hand and is on his horse all night . i am going to say the fight is going to entertaining and Calzaghe will win by ud.

I think Calzaghe is going to go the senior circuit route and fight Roy Jones Jr. I would rather see Calzaghe fight Pavlik but Jones will make him more money and Joe is old in terms of boxing years as well (36yrs old i believe) . As to last nights fight, whiteboy comment aside, I have always respect Hopkins as a person and a practioner but I must admit his obvious attempts to to get quit the fight by getting calzaghe disqualified for low blows made me loss some respect for him as a fighter. At this stage Hopkins is like Holyfied both can get into really good shape dont have the reflexes to win at the top levels.

I disagree with the decision on this one.

I think the decision was correct . Calzaghe outworked Hopkins through out most of the fight , if Hopkins had thrown more I think you could credibly argued his punches were the cleaner blows that did more damage but in most rounds he did not throw enough or land enough clean hard blows to win the round . My scorecard more or less mirrored harold lederman's card I had calzaghe winning 8 rounds to 4 . I appreciate defense , but at the end of the day to win rounds you have throw and land puches , calzaghe landed only a few punches of consequence but he at least threw punches .

I think Calzaghe is going to go the senior circuit route and fight Roy Jones Jr.

That fight would be a lot of fun, I hope it happens. I love Calzaghe but would have to root for Roy Jones Jr.

I think Roy in his prime beats calzaghe easily , but if I were a betting man I would place money on calzaghe to beat RJJ he will outwork RJJ who like Hopkins this stage of his career rarely throws puches in bunches .

I was saying to my Dad (we are big fight fans, I go over his house whenever I can on weekends to watch boxing or MMA fights with him) that Pavlik and Calzaghe would be a frigging awesome fight. Calzaghe was open for that right all night against Hopkins and Pavlik certainly has a little more mustard on his. Obviously I don't expect Calzaghe to be jumping to fight him, I think that's his biggest challenge to date (besides maybe Kessler, but I wasn't really buying into all his hype anyways).