Marlins Radio Show Today at noon

Pnino

MIAMI -- Baseball talk will be filling the South Florida airwaves and the Internet beginning on Saturday.

The Marlins are launching a weekly Hot Stove Show on the team's official flagship station, 790 The Ticket (WAXY 790/AM). Each Saturday from noon to 1 p.m. ET, the show will be hosted by Josh Friedman and Marlins radio play-by-play announcer Glenn Geffner.

"It's fun to talk baseball this time of year," Geffner said. "There really is no offseason in baseball anymore."

The feed of the Hot Stove Show also will be made available streaming online at www.marlins.com. Listeners can call in at 1-888-790-3776, or send a text message to 74965 every Saturday afternoon.

Having the show streaming on www.marlins.com opens up Marlins talk to an world-wide audience.

"There are Marlins fans not just in South Florida," Geffner said. "It will be nice to have them listening on the Internet. Hopefully, we'll get a lot of people involved in the show."

Friedman and Geffner will address a variety of tops ranging from free agent movement to trades. The show will feature guests from the Marlins' front office, along with Major League Baseball representatives and baseball personalities.

The first show will air Saturday, with Marlins president of baseball operations Admin Beinfest as the main guest. On Dec. 6, a Winter Meetings Special will air from 10 a.m. to noon. The Hot Stove Show will air until Feb. 28.

I thought the show today was a total bore being hosted by a Red Sox fan who can't really speak to any Marlins shortcomings or impart any inside knowledge lest he jeopardizes his gig, and a rabid Cubs fan who pretends to tolerate the Marlins but so often lets his loathing of both the franchise and its fans show through.

A better paring would have been Misch and Geffner, or even Misch and Freidman like last season.

I sure hope it gets better from here on.

I thought the show today was a total bore being hosted by a Red Sox fan who can't really speak to any Marlins shortcomings or impart any inside knowledge lest he jeopardizes his gig, and a rabid Cubs fan who pretends to tolerate the Marlins but so often lets his loathing of both the franchise and its fans show through.

A better paring would have been Misch and Geffner, or even Misch and Freidman like last season.

I sure hope it gets better from here on.

I think without Beinfest it made it hard to just stay on the marlins the whole time. Especially considering the callers asked about other teams. I think they had good chemistry though and as the talks, signings and trades heat up we will see more Marlins talk.