Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New video player on MLB.com

Featured Replies

Was in the multimedia section of mlb.com the today and happened to see that the new media player was being used for the Cuba vs South Africa, so I thought I'd take a look at it.

 

Simply put, it was 10x better then the current player, notably because you can adjust the quality in game (to high quality if you have a downloadable plugin), and the option to watch multiple games (up to four) at one time. It's interface seemed fairly simple, as well, and there were a few other things that looked like they weren't yet implimented but would be another step above the current player, such as the ability to jump to an inning (instead of having to guess where the beginning of the inning is).

 

Just wondering if anybody else had seen this, and what were your thoughts.

 

Video with some details:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/y2009...0421159-8042422

Was in the multimedia section of mlb.com the today and happened to see that the new media player was being used for the Cuba vs South Africa, so I thought I'd take a look at it.

 

Simply put, it was 10x better then the current player, notably because you can adjust the quality in game (to high quality if you have a downloadable plugin), and the option to watch multiple games (up to four) at one time. It's interface seemed fairly simple, as well, and there were a few other things that looked like they weren't yet implimented but would be another step above the current player, such as the ability to jump to an inning (instead of having to guess where the beginning of the inning is).

 

Just wondering if anybody else had seen this, and what were your thoughts.

 

Are you sure this is not just the 'Premium' version?

  • Author

Was in the multimedia section of mlb.com the today and happened to see that the new media player was being used for the Cuba vs South Africa, so I thought I'd take a look at it.

 

Simply put, it was 10x better then the current player, notably because you can adjust the quality in game (to high quality if you have a downloadable plugin), and the option to watch multiple games (up to four) at one time. It's interface seemed fairly simple, as well, and there were a few other things that looked like they weren't yet implimented but would be another step above the current player, such as the ability to jump to an inning (instead of having to guess where the beginning of the inning is).

 

Just wondering if anybody else had seen this, and what were your thoughts.

 

Are you sure this is not just the 'Premium' version?

Think so...all it says in the multimedia section was "2009 New Player"

 

Anyway, here is a video, should explain it...

 

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/y2009...0421159-8042422

It's veeeeeery nice. I used the beta earlier today and it looks like it's going to be great. The ability to change quality settings on the fly, watching multiple games, changing video feeds, and even changing audio feeds. I like it a lot.

  • Author

It's veeeeeery nice. I used the beta earlier today and it looks like it's going to be great. The ability to change quality settings on the fly, watching multiple games, changing video feeds, and even changing audio feeds. I like it a lot.

I noticed that audio thing and thought it was to change audio feed, but wasn't 100% sure (there was only 1 audio feed for the game...or it didn't let me change it). I like this a lot...now when the Marlins knock the Mets out of Playoff contention this year (in a 1 game playoff for the division lead), I can listen to the Marlins announcers cheering, rewind, and listen to the Mets announcers remorsefully putting an end to another Met season...all without having to reload the player.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.