May 20, 200917 yr The Miami Herald reports that Marlins SP Rick VandenHurk (elbow) threw a 60-pitch sim game on Tuesday and will make a rehab start (60-70 pitches) for Class A Jupiter on Sunday. Not sure how healthy he'll be but if he is you would think with injuries happening and players like Taylor and Koronka getting a nod, Rick will if completely recovered..
May 20, 200917 yr I hope he gets a couple of starts there, Jupiter is coming to me next week, would love to see him again back in the Show soon thereafter.
May 20, 200917 yr Yessss!! Hopefully he'll pitch well and make a quick return becasue we despritley need him to be our 5th starter. Then when our rotation makes its way back to recovery we could use him as a spot starter/reliver.
May 20, 200917 yr When I read this title I thought to myself... Crap, Hurk is pitching tonight. Then I re-read it and found out he was starting @ single A.
May 21, 200917 yr I've always liked RVH for some reason even tho his outings are more often than not quite disappointing. Maybe it's the common factor of being from Europe? I dunno.
May 21, 200917 yr Wow what lows we've reached when people are excited to see Rick Vanden Hurk. The guy has tons of talent with little idea of how to actually pitch. He looked nice in his first start and hasn't gotten better since.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.