Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Politics in terms anybody can understand

Featured Replies

Also, just to add to this, if you want to learn more about some of the recent H.R. bills passed, about to pass, or being discussed you can go to http://tax.cchgroup.com/Legislation/default.htm?NRMODE=Published&NRORIGINALURL=%2fLegislation%2fdefault&NRNODEGUID=%7b0542B78F-1DB9-435F-B71A-60F270D97B47%7d&NRQUERYTERMINATOR=1&cookie%5Ftest=1

 

They break down if not every paragraph every section give a little insight into what it will all mean.

 

Great site if you are an Accounting major, pre-law/law, or tax major.

 

You can add http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&tpl=%2Findex.tpl to the list if you want to look up other regs.

http://libertyhandbook.com/

 

Politics and events broken down into simpler terms that anybody can understand. In depth looks at how things are and why they are that way.

There will be some updates this weekend.

 

 

Regardless of whether I agree what is on that website (and from a glance I expect to agree with a pretty good bit), that's quite obviously a biased source. People can certainly see that for themselves, but your thread title is certainly misrepresenting the nature of the website.

  • Author

http://libertyhandbook.com/

 

Politics and events broken down into simpler terms that anybody can understand. In depth looks at how things are and why they are that way.

There will be some updates this weekend.

 

 

Regardless of whether I agree what is on that website (and from a glance I expect to agree with a pretty good bit), that's quite obviously a biased source. People can certainly see that for themselves, but your thread title is certainly misrepresenting the nature of the website.

I disagree. I find interpretations and analysis on this site with support. If there is another site that has support, I will gladly read it. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care what party it is affiliated with as long as the ideas can be supported.

Here's politics in terms you can understand:

 

They take your money and your freedom, with They = Republicans and Democrats.

 

It's really that simple.

http://libertyhandbook.com/

 

Politics and events broken down into simpler terms that anybody can understand. In depth looks at how things are and why they are that way.

There will be some updates this weekend.

 

 

Regardless of whether I agree what is on that website (and from a glance I expect to agree with a pretty good bit), that's quite obviously a biased source. People can certainly see that for themselves, but your thread title is certainly misrepresenting the nature of the website.

I disagree. I find interpretations and analysis on this site with support. If there is another site that has support, I will gladly read it. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care what party it is affiliated with as long as the ideas can be supported.

 

Ok?

Your thread title is still purporting to give us a neutral source to help people understand politics - that's not what it does. Your title seemed to imply something of an online textbook making grasping politics easier. It fails to do that. It's an opinion site, regardless of whether they support their arguments.

Here's politics in terms you can understand:

 

They take your money and your freedom, with They = Republicans and Democrats.

 

It's really that simple.

 

 

government is intrusive by nature, unfortunately the only people who follow the constitution, as a whole and consistently, are students who are part of the Federalist Society. Unfortunately people in politics do not want that because if the people have too much control they do not have the control they seek.

  • Author

http://libertyhandbook.com/

 

Politics and events broken down into simpler terms that anybody can understand. In depth looks at how things are and why they are that way.

There will be some updates this weekend.

 

 

Regardless of whether I agree what is on that website (and from a glance I expect to agree with a pretty good bit), that's quite obviously a biased source. People can certainly see that for themselves, but your thread title is certainly misrepresenting the nature of the website.

I disagree. I find interpretations and analysis on this site with support. If there is another site that has support, I will gladly read it. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care what party it is affiliated with as long as the ideas can be supported.

 

Ok?

Your thread title is still purporting to give us a neutral source to help people understand politics - that's not what it does. Your title seemed to imply something of an online textbook making grasping politics easier. It fails to do that. It's an opinion site, regardless of whether they support their arguments.

the thread title or decription at no point said politics that everybody will agree with. But it is, in fact, to the point that anybody can understand them because there are support for the argument, therefore even if you don't agree with it, you can see why the author has that point of view.

  • Author

Here's politics in terms you can understand:

 

They take your money and your freedom, with They = Republicans and Democrats.

 

It's really that simple.

 

 

government is intrusive by nature, unfortunately the only people who follow the constitution, as a whole and consistently, are students who are part of the Federalist Society. Unfortunately people in politics do not want that because if the people have too much control they do not have the control they seek.

well said.

  • Author

Here's politics in terms you can understand:

 

They take your money and your freedom, with They = Republicans and Democrats.

 

It's really that simple.

 

you say that like you are educating me. You are not telling me anything i don't know. I dont care for politics...but unfortunately they are part of our operating system. i try to see thing from both sides politically. it just so happens that about 85-90% of the time i choose the conservative view becaause even if i dont agree with the coservative view completely, i support the view that i believe is the lesser of the two evils.

http://libertyhandbook.com/

 

Politics and events broken down into simpler terms that anybody can understand. In depth looks at how things are and why they are that way.

There will be some updates this weekend.

 

 

Regardless of whether I agree what is on that website (and from a glance I expect to agree with a pretty good bit), that's quite obviously a biased source. People can certainly see that for themselves, but your thread title is certainly misrepresenting the nature of the website.

I disagree. I find interpretations and analysis on this site with support. If there is another site that has support, I will gladly read it. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care what party it is affiliated with as long as the ideas can be supported.

 

Ok?

Your thread title is still purporting to give us a neutral source to help people understand politics - that's not what it does. Your title seemed to imply something of an online textbook making grasping politics easier. It fails to do that. It's an opinion site, regardless of whether they support their arguments.

the thread title or decription at no point said politics that everybody will agree with. But it is, in fact, to the point that anybody can understand them because there are support for the argument, therefore even if you don't agree with it, you can see why the author has that point of view.

 

 

Then you should have said libertarian or conservative arguments that are explained in easily or something like that. The term politics implies something completely different.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.