Chad James

biglumber24

I would imagine he's in minor league camp right now, who knows where he'll start the season probably in extended spring training and then a short-season league. He did not pitch last year because he signed too late in the season to participate though I did see him at the GCL team's last game of the season.

Where is he and why did he not play last year?

A lot of high school pitchers don't immediately start pitching once drafted. As said above, the later they sign the more unlikely it is, and organizations don't want these super young guys logging insane inning totals so young when they have probably been abused by their high school coach.

He'll likely surface in Jamestown and/or Greensboro this year depending on how aggressive the Marlins are with his first assignment. Noting to be alarmed or concerned about. He'll turn up in some box scores shortly.

He is currently pitching in minor league games (i dont know why but im his friend on facebook) and today he said he has 1 more start in spring training tomorrow and then he said after that in 5 days he is out of here (probably minor league camp or Greensboro or somewhere like that)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't want to steal any thunder away from the excellent work being done in the daily farm reports. It's still early days, but I'm going to be watching his stats closely anyway.

Chad James so far in Greensboro:

April 9th - Loss - 4.1 innings, 3 hits, 2 runs, 1 earned run, 3 walks, 4 strikeouts.

April 14th - Loss - 4.1 innings, 6 hits, 3 runs, 3 earned runs, 2 walks, 4 strikeouts.

Nothing to really read much into, but like I said... its just going to be interesting to follow.

I like the sound of that. Any idea if Bryan Berglund was there too?

I haven't seen his name listed anywhere, anyone down in Jupiter have the scoop??

There is no way he'd be in Jupiter.

He's probably in extended spring training and hits Jamestown later this year. Maybe a late callup to Greensboro.

I don't want to steal any thunder away from the excellent work being done in the daily farm reports. It's still early days, but I'm going to be watching his stats closely anyway.

Chad James so far in Greensboro:

April 9th - Loss - 4.1 innings, 3 hits, 2 runs, 1 earned run, 3 walks, 4 strikeouts.

April 14th - Loss - 4.1 innings, 6 hits, 3 runs, 3 earned runs, 2 walks, 4 strikeouts.

Nothing to really read much into, but like I said... its just going to be interesting to follow.

he's also getting a 46% GB rate.

Strike outs + ground balls from a lefty =

I like the sound of that. Any idea if Bryan Berglund was there too?

I haven't seen his name listed anywhere, anyone down in Jupiter have the scoop??

There is no way he'd be in Jupiter.

He's probably in extended spring training and hits Jamestown later this year. Maybe a late callup to Greensboro.

Where do you think Marlins extended spring training is held?? The Jamestown guys and the GCL players should all be in Jupiter now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.