August 24, 201016 yr Miller didn't do a bad job. Kept them guessing what was coming next. I'm sure Davis felt the same way catching him. But in all truth, it was a nice surprise seeing the guy succeed. Let's just hope it continues! LOL Yea, no doubt. Which is why I gave some credit to Davis for his performance. The "little things" have a tendancy to go unnoticed. We all knew going in that Miller has some control issues, to put it rather nicely. Heck, he has even stated that. And I do think this was a nice step forward. One thing I am not concerned about is his velocity. No he didn't hit the 96-97 he is capable of. But then maybe he has found that taking a couple mph off has helped him have better control. We'll have to wait and see. And that WP in the first inning I was disagreeing with Tommy who chalked it up to his wildness. It was hot and humid and I just thought it looked more like a slip rather than a bad throw. And he did come right back with a beauty of a pitch, I believe for the K. But again, one outing of watching him dosen't give a very good idea. Tommy does have better "in the circle" type info.
August 24, 201016 yr Miller didn't do a bad job. Kept them guessing what was coming next. I'm sure Davis felt the same way catching him. But in all truth, it was a nice surprise seeing the guy succeed. Let's just hope it continues! LOL Yea, no doubt. Which is why I gave some credit to Davis for his performance. The "little things" have a tendancy to go unnoticed. We all knew going in that Miller has some control issues, to put it rather nicely. Heck, he has even stated that. And I do think this was a nice step forward. One thing I am not concerned about is his velocity. No he didn't hit the 96-97 he is capable of. But then maybe he has found that taking a couple mph off has helped him have better control. We'll have to wait and see. And that WP in the first inning I was disagreeing with Tommy who chalked it up to his wildness. It was hot and humid and I just thought it looked more like a slip rather than a bad throw. And he did come right back with a beauty of a pitch, I believe for the K. But again, one outing of watching him dosen't give a very good idea. Tommy does have better "in the circle" type info. I said it before in this thread but I'll reiterate, Miller's velocity was topping around 94 and on average lower, but he looked like he had more life on it than I had seen before.
August 25, 201016 yr Miller didn't do a bad job. Kept them guessing what was coming next. I'm sure Davis felt the same way catching him. But in all truth, it was a nice surprise seeing the guy succeed. Let's just hope it continues! LOL Yea, no doubt. Which is why I gave some credit to Davis for his performance. The "little things" have a tendancy to go unnoticed. We all knew going in that Miller has some control issues, to put it rather nicely. Heck, he has even stated that. And I do think this was a nice step forward. One thing I am not concerned about is his velocity. No he didn't hit the 96-97 he is capable of. But then maybe he has found that taking a couple mph off has helped him have better control. We'll have to wait and see. And that WP in the first inning I was disagreeing with Tommy who chalked it up to his wildness. It was hot and humid and I just thought it looked more like a slip rather than a bad throw. And he did come right back with a beauty of a pitch, I believe for the K. But again, one outing of watching him dosen't give a very good idea. Tommy does have better "in the circle" type info. I said it before in this thread but I'll reiterate, Miller's velocity was topping around 94 and on average lower, but he looked like he had more life on it than I had seen before. He always had life on his offspeed stuff, the problem was that it'd be touch an go. I still remember the game in 2008 when he first came back up in September. I was explaining to my buddy that this guy could be great if he could just find the zone because his stuff can be electric. He promptly came in and made the Braves look absolutely silly, striking out the side and finishing it off with Chipper who was finishing off his year as batting champ. The curveball he got Chipper looking on was so amazing I couldn't help but laugh. It's moments like that which give me a glimmer of hope, the only problem is that he still seems to have no idea what a strikezone is.
August 25, 201016 yr Miller didn't do a bad job. Kept them guessing what was coming next. I'm sure Davis felt the same way catching him. But in all truth, it was a nice surprise seeing the guy succeed. Let's just hope it continues! LOL Yea, no doubt. Which is why I gave some credit to Davis for his performance. The "little things" have a tendancy to go unnoticed. We all knew going in that Miller has some control issues, to put it rather nicely. Heck, he has even stated that. And I do think this was a nice step forward. One thing I am not concerned about is his velocity. No he didn't hit the 96-97 he is capable of. But then maybe he has found that taking a couple mph off has helped him have better control. We'll have to wait and see. And that WP in the first inning I was disagreeing with Tommy who chalked it up to his wildness. It was hot and humid and I just thought it looked more like a slip rather than a bad throw. And he did come right back with a beauty of a pitch, I believe for the K. But again, one outing of watching him dosen't give a very good idea. Tommy does have better "in the circle" type info. I said it before in this thread but I'll reiterate, Miller's velocity was topping around 94 and on average lower, but he looked like he had more life on it than I had seen before. Yea, I caught that, no pun intended. Basically we are saying the same thing except between the lines I am taking it a bit further. We may never see that 97 mph fastball again with any regularity because he has learned his fastball is better with a little less umph to it.
August 25, 201016 yr Miller didn't do a bad job. Kept them guessing what was coming next. I'm sure Davis felt the same way catching him. But in all truth, it was a nice surprise seeing the guy succeed. Let's just hope it continues! LOL Yea, no doubt. Which is why I gave some credit to Davis for his performance. The "little things" have a tendancy to go unnoticed. We all knew going in that Miller has some control issues, to put it rather nicely. Heck, he has even stated that. And I do think this was a nice step forward. One thing I am not concerned about is his velocity. No he didn't hit the 96-97 he is capable of. But then maybe he has found that taking a couple mph off has helped him have better control. We'll have to wait and see. And that WP in the first inning I was disagreeing with Tommy who chalked it up to his wildness. It was hot and humid and I just thought it looked more like a slip rather than a bad throw. And he did come right back with a beauty of a pitch, I believe for the K. But again, one outing of watching him dosen't give a very good idea. Tommy does have better "in the circle" type info. I said it before in this thread but I'll reiterate, Miller's velocity was topping around 94 and on average lower, but he looked like he had more life on it than I had seen before. He always had life on his offspeed stuff, the problem was that it'd be touch an go. I still remember the game in 2008 when he first came back up in September. I was explaining to my buddy that this guy could be great if he could just find the zone because his stuff can be electric. He promptly came in and made the Braves look absolutely silly, striking out the side and finishing it off with Chipper who was finishing off his year as batting champ. The curveball he got Chipper looking on was so amazing I couldn't help but laugh. [/b]It's moments like that which give me a glimmer of hope, the only problem is that he still seems to have no idea what a strikezone is. The good news is that according to the quotes I have read he knows what his faults are and is trying to correct them. This was just another step and only time will tell how it works out.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.