NBA trade

Guest marlins02

Guest marlins02

Suns get: Charlie Ward, Antonio McDyess, Howard Eisley, Maciej Lampe, rights to Milos Vujanic, cash and 2 first round picks

Knicks get: Stephon Marbury, Penny Hardaway, Cezary Trybanski

and i believe the Knicks were able to get the Suns to throw in Little Penny :shifty

still has to be finalized

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1700818

Guest marlins02

i definetly think the suns got the better end. 2 1st round picks, a couple of young players and most importantly cap space.

while the knicks get a good point guard and a dude who hasnt done anything since '95 and makes a boat load of money with 3 years left and loses 2 1st round picks. i guess isiah thought he had to do something quick

Guest marlins02

true. but they gave up 2 1st rounders and took up more than $30 million in salary for the next 3 years for a guy that hasnt done anything since the mid-90's. but yeah stephon is an upgrade over antonio right now. i guess i just feel they overpayed

Ward should be cut within the next couple of weeks....then the Knicks dont have to deal with him as he has a buyout clause in his contract. Eisley shouldnt be around for anything more than a year or two.

McDyess is damaged goods, the only reason the Suns picked him up was to get rid of him and his salary slot this offseason.

They get Lampe, they get two first rounders, and they get cap space.

The Knicks get Starbury.

Both teams get what they want. Both teams will still suck in the short term, Phoenix may win in the long term.

Suns got the better of this trade IMO, but in the long run, I think the only things in this trade that will be relevant are the draft picks and maybe some of the European players, because Starbury by himself isn't going to put the Knicks over the top, McDyess is always hurt, and Ward and Penny are washed up.

its only bad for the suns if the lampe doesnt develop and the draft picks turn out to be garbage.

Teh Suns picked up Leonandro Barbosa in the draft this past summer who they are very high on.

Factor in the 20 million in cap space and they can be good again real soon.

Bottom line, something wasnt working, they needed to make a change.

Whether this is it.....time will tell.

And oh yes....Stephen A. Smith is a punk.

And oh yes....Stephen A. Smith is a punk.

Why what did he do?

I personally like him, he brings something different to the table on the pre game show on ESPN on friday nights.

I think this is an awesome trade for the Suns. Knicks get one player who is very good in Marbury but this was a 9-1 trade deal. Suns get two 1st round picks plus Lampe and Milos Vujanic who is said by scouts to be the best point guard in Europe. He would have came and played this year but was afraid of being on the end of the bench for most of the season, something he didnt want to do.

But for the this season and a couple of the next its a good trade for the Knicks but in the long it will be better for the Suns.

Stephen A. Smith thinks he is the best thing to come to basketball since the slam dunk.

He is smug, he holds grudges....has an extreme east coast, especially Philly/New York bias.

Refuses to acknowledge when he is wrong and is a downright punk, especially when corresponding to him via email when he is wrong in his colunms, because he is wrong, because well he cant be.

Stephen A. Smith thinks he is the best thing to come to basketball since the slam dunk.

He is smug, he holds grudges....has an extreme east coast, especially Philly/New York bias.

Refuses to acknowledge when he is wrong and is a downright punk, especially when corresponding to him via email when he is wrong in his colunms, because he is wrong, because well he cant be.

lol

Well I guess thats why I like him because he sticks to what he says but he can be a punk some of the times like you said.

Where does he write at? ESPN? or a Newspaper?