Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ordonez Wants Long-Term Contract

Featured Replies

Ordo?ez talks long-term contract

OF wants 5-6 years, 'Vladimir and Tejada' money

By Doug Miller / MLB.com

 

Magglio Ordonez will earn $14 million this season with in the final year of his contract. (Doug Miller/MLB.com)

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic -- Magglio Ordo?ez, the Chicago White Sox All-Star and one of the key reinforcements on Venezuela's team in the Caribbean Series, spoke in specifics about his Major League contract status for the first time Wednesday at Estadio Quisqueya.

 

Ordo?ez, 30, will make $14 million in the final year of a three-year, $29.5-million deal this year. He has been one of the American League's premier hitters over the last five years, never batting below .301 and averaging 32 home runs and 118 RBIs over that span.

 

In an interview with Spanish-speaking reporters before Venezuela's game against Puerto Rico on Wednesday, Ordo?ez expressed his desires for a long-term solution to his contract situation with the White Sox.

 

He also expressed them in relatively specific financial terms.

 

"I want to stay in Chicago, where they gave me my first opportunity," Ordo?ez said.

 

"I think I have market value similar to that of Vladimir (Guerrero) and (Miguel) Tejada. It could be even more if you take into account that the market is going up again. I want a year a five- or six-year contract so that I can relax and be in one place for a long time. I hope that can be in Chicago, a city that I like a lot."

 

 

Right fielder Guerrero signed with the Anaheim Angels for five years and $70 million. Tejada, a shortstop, signed with the Baltimore Orioles for six years and $72 million.

 

"There have been some early talks, but nothing formal," Ordo?ez said. "I am waiting to see what the White Sox decide, but I'm not worried about those business matters. I am concentrating on continuing to put up numbers and stay healthy. The rest falls to my agent."

 

White Sox general manager Ken Williams and Ordo?ez's agent, Adam Katz, were not immediately available for comment.

we are not getting maggs unless they pull some serious $$$ out of their asses.

He is gone.

Forget about it.

we are not getting maggs unless they pull some serious $$$ out of their asses.

He is gone.

Forget about it.

Nope, he not gone he will be a FA in the offseason, so he not gone yet

we are not getting maggs unless they pull some serious $$$ out of their asses.

He is gone.

Forget about it.

Nope, he not gone he will be a FA in the offseason, so he not gone yet I mean the marlins chances are gone.

time to start selling some Mona Lisa's Jeffrey

Man do I have to keep saying this?

 

MARLINS NOT GETTING MAGGS!!!!!

 

He might stay with the sox.

 

Or another big pocket team.

 

Not the yankees though. :D

 

Maybe he will go to boston and they will trade manny for him.

 

Manny for Maggs = done deal unless sox don't want manny.

thank you for your optimistic input

 

Anyways, it's way too early to start talking about next season anyways, let's focus on the task at hand- Defnding the title.

If you believe that getting Vlad was reasonable and getting Maggs is way out of line, you are crazy.

Vlad>Maggs though not by much. Magglio is a little less of an injury risk...

 

 

Maybe Cabs will lure him here when he becomes a FA???

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.