A REAL Time Traveler?

MiRi

Some people just have way too much time on their hands...

http://www.johntitor.com/

This person claimed to be a time traveller on a mission from 2036 and some of the things he predicted in between late 2000 and early 2001 when he was active seem to have come to pass, like our war in Iraq over WMD.

It's highly possible that this is just a joke, but even so it's interesting reading for both politicos, armchair physicists, and anyone's into sci-fiish stuff.

Post from the "anomolies" forum concerning this picture from Titon:

It is a 1960ish to 1970ish high powered radio transmitter/amplifier.

Number 3 with the circle around it is a SELENIUM RECTIFIER.

Number 19 (these are from left to right) is a set of high voltage, aluminum canned capacitors. They were typically used in radios, televisions and many other electronics devices (though SPCIFICALLY radio and television systems) until a few years ago. Now small cans are used. Typically they were multi-tapped cans with two or three (perhaps four sometimes) positive leads with the can being negative.

number 5 and the object to the right of it which is identical in the diagram is some sort of choke or transformer.

the two cylinder shaped objects in front of number 14 are high powered vacuum tubes, with anode caps (also called the Plate cap) on the top. I do not see the wires in the diagram, but there would be. Typically this is indicitive of a CLASS C RF power amplifier, or a class AB audio push-pull power amp system.

Numbers 7 and 4 are two more high powered vacuum tubes.

I will agree with you, Hertz, that Titor is a hoax. I always HAVE believed it. I spent most of a year searching old manuals for that diagram and didn't find the matching one, but it came from a military manual, there is NO DOUBT about that.

The device though is not as someone suggested to Darby, an air testing device.

It IS a radio amplifier.

The one thing that GIVES THAT AWAY to me is a device found on the center left of the picture, mid way up. If you look closely you will see the number 24 pointing upward. Above this there is a horizontally mounted cylinder-shaped device with two more doughnut looking things around it.

That is a very specific device as well, found in 1940s-1960s radio gear, and it is called an "rf choke". There is another special name for it which escapes me at the moment, but I'll certainly be happy to post that too when I have a moment

Unless time travelers like telling people from the past radio transmitters are time machines, this 100% proves this is a giant fraud.

I cannot personally fathom that time even exists. Just like philosphers today really hate quantum theory, I hate the diea of time. Physicist seem to know that time is real, but I really don't think so, because I cannot conceive it.

I always liked this argument: if time travel was possible, why aren't we overran by time travelers?

I say it is impossible.

There is no way time travel exists. If so, we would be able to change the past and we all know that's not possible.

For the sake of discussion...

if someone changed the past, you wouldn't notice it. Let's say I prevented Hitler's mother from getting an abortion, so world war II happens, and you don't know the difference. Your memory would be exactly the same: that world war II happened. We wouldn't notice people screwing around with time, but I think we would notice people from the future, unless every single one is invisible.

If time travel was invented, wouldn't it jsut be a matter of time it fell into the hands of a lot of people?

but what is time? we make it up so we can organize our lives? I can never conceive how it truly exists like mass an energy. Apparently it does, but I would like to understand.

And about TITON

I sifted through everything this guys said (bored at work) and this guy is consistant and sounds totally serious. Very good hoaxer, but he should of pretended his equipment was sensitive and not take pictures.

The idea that the world could be destroyed by nuclear war....which totally forces a redevelopment of societal norms and rebuilding of vital infrastructure.... and yet 20 years later has major technological breakthrough which advances physics well beyond anything imaginable.......is just ludicrous.

Even if the guy is just a hoax, he has some pretty good points...

How can you possibly criticize me for any conflict that comes to you? I watch every day what you are doing as a society. While you sit by and watch your Constitution being torn away from you, you willfully eat poisoned food, buy manufactured products no one needs and turn an uncaring eye away from millions of people suffering and dying all around you. Is this the "Universal Law" you subscribe to?

Perhaps I should let you all in on a little secret. No one likes you in the future. This time period is looked at as being full of lazy, self-centered, civically ignorant sheep. Perhaps you should be less concerned about me and more concerned about that.

Imagine you are Jewish and you are able to travel back in time to Germany in 1935. All around you are the patterns of thinking and action that will lead to a great deal of harm, death and destruction in just a few years. You have the advantage of knowing what will come but no one will listen to you. In fact, they think you're insane and the situations you describe could never happen.

What I feel is not anger, it is sadness that you cannot see what I see

If he wanted to make people think about their actions today, he should not have invented this whole time traveler thing. :rolleyes:

I find it funny that the following is somehow new:

While you sit by and watch your Constitution being torn away from you, you willfully eat poisoned food, buy manufactured products no one needs and turn an uncaring eye away from millions of people suffering and dying all around you. Is this the "Universal Law" you subscribe to?

Obviously this time traveler never heard of the alien and sedition acts controversy, the fact that the executive branch has far surpassed its constitutionally bound powers since FDR, that the military has already poisoned and diseases people for the sake of testing, that executive branches like the CIA and FBI have for years been performing illegal invesitgations and actions, that our whipped cream used to have a refrigerment chemicals and "poisons in food" not being new, and that for many many years the most powerful countries on Earth have turned their backs on the hungry and needy.

Throughout American history, the government has been pushing the limits on how much they cans crew with our lives and pretty much our "constitutional" freedoms have been going back and forth for years.

I think Anthony Burgess, the writer of A Clockwork Orange said it best, that "...stories about the future are nothing more than reflections of the present and history" or something along the lines of that. "Titor" is obviously pretty smart to BS his way through physics and sounding like he's from the future, but his "insight" is nothing more than the literary work of all writers that write about so called "future perspective."

By the way, John's chemicalphobic society smoked cigars, even though he said no one takes drugs in the future, so obviously that's another inconsitency.

Anyway, back to my point. I really don't see what he said as insightful, because America was never truly free anyway (for example, anti-sodomy laws.)