Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NOmarlinsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NOmarlinsfan

  1. nope, I stay in New Orleans East. Miraculously, I didn't flood, but that's because I'm 700 feet from Lake Pontchartrain (highest land is closer to Lake and banks of the river). Just enough wind damage, and everyone else's damage to keep me out for 7 months. Yeah, I have expanded basic Cox Cable, so I had about 70? channels.
  2. I'm seriously considering it. I hope I can jump in sometime in late April or May, because we're not exactly sure when cable is going to be up and going at my house. We know for sure we'll be using our cell phones until July, when regular landline phone service is restored 10.5 months post-Katrina.
  3. Does anyone watch Marlins games online? I'm thinking about getting MLBTV so I can watch the team here in New Orleans. Also, I'm buying a computer in April, with a 256 MB video card, and the graphics should be awesome (I think). It looks like MLBTV is $80 for the season, but can you just buy the Marlins games?
  4. Oh ok. So these young guys are talented. That's good. I've been out of the loop.
  5. Hey everyone. I haven't been on the board too much in the past few months with trying to get things straight after Katrina and stuff. No flooding at my house, although my neighbors had a couple inches. Mostly wind damage... Anyway, that's not why I came on here. Unfortunately, the only Marlins news I've heard/read in the past few months is negative. Similar to y'all, I've been dealing with the same garbage too from SA and OKC. Although the Saints are in N.O. for good and Tags said so, there is still speculation about the Hornets and OKC. While I think it is a long shot the team would move after we sold 10,000 season tickets when we drafted Chris Paul, had the worst US natural disaster, and other things, it's still a longshot they move, and I am not too worried about it. All I know about the Marlins is that they are basically pulling guys off of the beach and asking them if they want to play some major league ball, and the owners are exploring relo. Please tell me there is better news. I have hard time believing MLB would give up on South Florida...such a big place. There really aren't many places that have the population to support baseball...Portland, no. Charlotte, no. LV, no. If it's just a small gap that separates a deal with getting a new stadium, I really find it hard to believe the league/owners can't find the loose change needed in between the cushions of a couch. -steven New Orleans, LA
  6. I expect no less than a Milwaukee sweep.
  7. Yeah, and with the dome, the temperature or rain can't be a bother (unless people don't want to travel in rain).
  8. Do most of you Marlins fans/Florida residents hope for the best for the Devil Rays? Also, if the Devil Rays become competitive, would their attendance dramatically rise, or are they just not a MLB city?
  9. Houston changing pitchers...
  10. Thats okay. I'll take the 3 runs!
  11. I'm cautiously very happy right now. We're winning, and we're getting help from the Braves, Phillies, Astros?, and Nationals!
  12. Good, put a new pitcher in who is not used to South Florida humidity.
  13. let's just get at least one run here....
  14. and we're getting a lot of help from other games too! we have to win this one.
  15. I'm not worried. We have to play all of those teams ahead of us in the wild card standings. As long as we get the job done, we'll be fine. Let the other teams beat each other up along the way too!
  16. I've got the Cubs/Astros game coming on here in New Orleans. If I can't watch Florida, I can certainly watch a game that I have someone to cheer for (Cubs) BECAUSE of the Marlins.
  17. Also, we have the coolest team nickname. So many baseball teams have boring nicks. Phillies, Mets, A's, Twins, etc. It seems like the latest teams (starting in the 1990s) have better names. Devil Rays isn't too bad either. Marlins and the whole fish/water theme seems so refreshing with the summer heat in Florida, plus all of the waterbased tourism. Two thumbs up, but that's just my opinion. :cool
  18. Just slowly got into baseball a few years ago when I went to a White Sox and Astros game. Why Florida? I love the state, have been to every county, hope to move there in two years, and it's nice to see a "lunch pale" team succeed from humble beginnings. Hopeful future Orlando resident -Steven, 22, New Orleans
  19. hmmm. i'm an idiot. i typed on impulse. /end idiocy from new orleans
  20. I think this guy is so underrated. He's solid at the plate, and hardly gets props from the national media.
  21. Pittsburgh hits another HR in the 7th! 4-1! live on tbs
  22. I've followed the Marlins and MLB for a few years now, and I naturally have a sports hatred for Atlanta teams because of the (Saints/Falcons rivalry). But, the Marlins/Braves rivalry just intensifies it. Just when the Marlins rip off 8 wins in 10, the Braves go ahead and win 6 straight. How aggravating. I wish that team would lose out the rest of the season!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.