Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

THOSE BRAVES!!!!

Featured Replies

I've followed the Marlins and MLB for a few years now, and I naturally have a sports hatred for Atlanta teams because of the (Saints/Falcons rivalry). But, the Marlins/Braves rivalry just intensifies it. Just when the Marlins rip off 8 wins in 10, the Braves go ahead and win 6 straight. How aggravating. I wish that team would lose out the rest of the season!

words can not describe my hatred for the braves

 

but with that hatred comes profound respect.

 

I imagine it's a lot like how Wes Mantooth feels about Ron Burgandy

 

"I HATE YOU RON!..................But, damn it, I respect you" *kisses Burgandy on the forehead*

I don't think any true Marlins fan doesn't hate the Braves. But it is incredible what they do. It's as if any pitcher from that organization can pitch like a cy young hall of famer with them (Except Dan Kolb). I mean, look at them right now

 

24 Wilson Betemit ------ROOKIE

19 Adam LaRoche -------ROOKIE

4 Pete Orr ----------------ROOKIE

7 Jeff Francoeur ----------ROOKIE

18 Ryan Langerhans -----ROOKIE

 

Yet they are again in first place in the NL East and I don't think anyone is going to catch them.

 

Plus they are on National TV every weekend and I think they have a stronger fan base in Miami than the Marlins do.

 

Much of my hate is envy but I always look forward and wait for them to fall apart in the play-offs.

I don't think any true Marlins fan doesn't hate the Braves. But it is incredible what they do. It's as if any pitcher from that organization can pitch like a cy young hall of famer with them (Except Dan Kolb). I mean, look at them right now

 

24 Wilson Betemit ------ROOKIE

19 Adam LaRoche -------ROOKIE

4 Pete Orr ----------------ROOKIE

7 Jeff Francoeur ----------ROOKIE

18 Ryan Langerhans -----ROOKIE

 

Yet they are again in first place in the NL East and I don't think anyone is going to catch them.

 

Plus they are on National TV every weekend and I think they have a stronger fan base in Miami than the Marlins do.

 

Much of my hate is envy but I always look forward and wait for them to fall apart in the play-offs.

883382[/snapback]

 

Betemit, LaRoche and Langerhans aren't rookies

 

And yes it's very impressive what they do each year, but they haven't gotten very far in the playoffs the last couple of years and that's what it's all about.

I'll take the wildcard every year

I don't think any true Marlins fan doesn't hate the Braves. But it is incredible what they do. It's as if any pitcher from that organization can pitch like a cy young hall of famer with them (Except Dan Kolb). I mean, look at them right now

 

24 Wilson Betemit ------ROOKIE

19 Adam LaRoche -------ROOKIE

4 Pete Orr ----------------ROOKIE

7 Jeff Francoeur ----------ROOKIE

18 Ryan Langerhans -----ROOKIE

 

Yet they are again in first place in the NL East and I don't think anyone is going to catch them.

 

Plus they are on National TV every weekend and I think they have a stronger fan base in Miami than the Marlins do.

 

Much of my hate is envy but I always look forward and wait for them to fall apart in the play-offs.

883382[/snapback]

 

Betemit, LaRoche and Langerhans aren't rookies

 

And yes it's very impressive what they do each year, but they haven't gotten very far in the playoffs the last couple of years and that's what it's all about.

I'll take the wildcard every year

883404[/snapback]

 

 

Betemit had 30 games of experience in the past 4 seasons

LaRoche really isnt a rookie - he played last season, forgot about that

Langerhans had 17 games of experience in the past 2 season

 

By rookie I mean this is their first full season in the majors. No experience. I think that Betermint and Langerhans certaintly qualify.

I'm a Marlins fan, but being from Mississippi I find myself rooting for the Braves. It may be a conflict of interest, but so be it.

 

1) Marlins

2) Braves

I don't think any true Marlins fan doesn't hate the Braves. But it is incredible what they do. It's as if any pitcher from that organization can pitch like a cy young hall of famer with them (Except Dan Kolb). I mean, look at them right now

 

24 Wilson Betemit ------ROOKIE

19 Adam LaRoche -------ROOKIE

4 Pete Orr ----------------ROOKIE

7 Jeff Francoeur ----------ROOKIE

18 Ryan Langerhans -----ROOKIE

 

Yet they are again in first place in the NL East and I don't think anyone is going to catch them.

 

Plus they are on National TV every weekend and I think they have a stronger fan base in Miami than the Marlins do.

 

Much of my hate is envy but I always look forward and wait for them to fall apart in the play-offs.

883382[/snapback]

 

Betemit, LaRoche and Langerhans aren't rookies

 

And yes it's very impressive what they do each year, but they haven't gotten very far in the playoffs the last couple of years and that's what it's all about.

I'll take the wildcard every year

883404[/snapback]

 

 

Betemit had 30 games of experience in the past 4 seasons

LaRoche really isnt a rookie - he played last season, forgot about that

Langerhans had 17 games of experience in the past 2 season

 

By rookie I mean this is their first full season in the majors. No experience. I think that Betermint and Langerhans certaintly qualify.

883414[/snapback]

 

I was just looking at when they first played in the majors, so when they could qualify for the rookie of the year ;)

doesn't really matter :p

I don't think any true Marlins fan doesn't hate the Braves. But it is incredible what they do. It's as if any pitcher from that organization can pitch like a cy young hall of famer with them (Except Dan Kolb). I mean, look at them right now

 

24 Wilson Betemit ------ROOKIE

19 Adam LaRoche -------ROOKIE

4 Pete Orr ----------------ROOKIE

7 Jeff Francoeur ----------ROOKIE

18 Ryan Langerhans -----ROOKIE

 

Yet they are again in first place in the NL East and I don't think anyone is going to catch them.

 

Plus they are on National TV every weekend and I think they have a stronger fan base in Miami than the Marlins do.

 

Much of my hate is envy but I always look forward and wait for them to fall apart in the play-offs.

883382[/snapback]

 

Betemit, LaRoche and Langerhans aren't rookies

 

And yes it's very impressive what they do each year, but they haven't gotten very far in the playoffs the last couple of years and that's what it's all about.

I'll take the wildcard every year

883404[/snapback]

 

 

Betemit had 30 games of experience in the past 4 seasons

LaRoche really isnt a rookie - he played last season, forgot about that

Langerhans had 17 games of experience in the past 2 season

 

By rookie I mean this is their first full season in the majors. No experience. I think that Betermint and Langerhans certaintly qualify.

883414[/snapback]

 

I was just looking at when they first played in the majors, so when they could qualify for the rookie of the year ;)

doesn't really matter :p

883429[/snapback]

 

 

40 games or 20 innings pitched I believe is the requirement?

 

Dont forget Kyle Davies whom has done well.

Plus one or two others of their Pitchers that have done well.

 

They are the patriots of MLB

 

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

 

 

I HATE YOU ATLANTA! Not just because my uncle, aunt and cousin rub it in my face every year. We will get you, oh yes we will

Great loss! But man how about Zach Duke if the Pirates? 4-0 with a 0.92 ERA... he's going on my fantasy team right now...

YEAH. DOWN WITH THE BRAVES!!!! on a side note, how about Zach Duke???? kid could be the next D-train. just white......

 

back to braves bashing! :censored :censored :chair :chair :censored :chair :guillotine :hanged :owned :owned :weed :dwarf :dwarf :matrix :matrix :Smash :Smash

 

k, now that that is out of my system. I'm really glad they finally lost.

Great loss! But man how about Zach Duke if the Pirates? 4-0 with a 0.92 ERA... he's going on my fantasy team right now...

883482[/snapback]

 

i've had him for his last three starts :thumbup

This is how it's always been.

 

As soon as the Marlins get it together and start winning games, so do the Braves. This has been going on since the beginning of time, it's mind boggling.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.