Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NOmarlinsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NOmarlinsfan

  1. As a lifelong New Orleanian, the name Pelicans is quickly growing on me. I would have preferred Krewe, Voodoo, or Brass, but I can roll with Pelicans. It doesn't hurt that the national media hates it. That just makes me love it even more. Honestly, just like most things New Orleans you either get it or you don't, and the national media can go fudge themselves. Life is just different here. The logo is much better than I expected. There was a minor league baseball team with the name Pelicans for over 70 years, so it has precedent. I can't say I hate the name at all, because I had always dreamed of a MLB team here with the name Pelicans, although I know our metro population is several decades away from being eligible for a baseball team. I leave you with this gif, and you tell me Pelicans aren't mean. haha
  2. When you need a car... truck or van.... who ya gonna call?
  3. lol.. who was that Allison chick? Damn...
  4. Well i think im just going to connect my computer to my tv. The only problem is its a 42 inch so i dont know if upsizing the the video will make it too blury to watch. I have a 52 in and I recall it being perfectly watchable, so you shouldn't have to worry too much about that. Hey, what does it entail connecting your computer to the tv? Someone told me it's not as easy it as sounds as there are a bunch of settings and wires to deal with.
  5. I haven't had enough chances to see Sanchez in person. You boys can wait a little longer. haha :nono
  6. Yeah, what's the deal with SOME New Yorkers wanting to move down to Florida so bad, but when they get there some of them act all high and mighty "I'm from NY!!" and they still cheer for a city's sports team they wanted to leave. Being from N.O. where tradition is very important, and a city that what centuries-old private high school you went to is a big deal, I just can't comprehend people not saying "I moved to Florida. I'm going to cheer for the Florida sports teams." If I move to Miami I won't have that problem. I agree with one of the above posters who said to convert or GTFO. haha.
  7. I have had a sh*tty day all day today, and I'm not in the mood to deal with the Marlins being inept this series. 5 straight poor games. The Washington series was a miracle. We didn't win because we were hitting the whole game. We needed miracles. Then we produce 2 f***ing runs in 2 games at Pittsburgh.
  8. I know it's a 162 game season, but I'm SO excited about this start. Since we start off with a road heavy schedule, maybe if we keep winning, we'll have some decent crowds at home later.
  9. no idea. "Way more" than the two I went to last year. The stadium isn't right around the block from me, and the Mets didn't give us much last year, so I had no interest really. I just assumed watch the Marlins and (my AL team Rays) on mlbtv.
  10. http://blog.nola.com/tpsports/2009/04/new_...defeat_nas.html And here is the link to today's game recap from my city's multiple Pulitzer Prize winning newspaper est. in 1837 (prize wasn't for the Z's coverage though. haha). Actually, they didn't cover the Zephyrs every single game last year. Zephyrs starter Ryan Tucker worked three innings and gave way to the bullpen, as New Orleans used six pitchers to get the win. Up next: New Orleans will start RH Burke Badenhop against Nasvhille RH Mike Burns on Friday at 7 p.m.
  11. Boy is my face red and embarrassed. I had late lunch party, and I had a few too many to drink!
  12. Rich Waltz looks like Ben Stiller, and Craig Minervini looks like Switek from Miami Vice!!
  13. So anybody here scheduled to be getting a new stadium? I am!
  14. Yeah I want to get Opening Day tickets. I used to go to like 2 Zephyr games a year (mainly b/c it's a half hour away), but now I plan on being there a LOT more this year thanks to the Marlins affiliation.
  15. Most of us are assuming the Marlins will adopt the "Miami" identification at some point just to spite the state for striking us down, which would make it appropriate to bring in the name change when we actually open the new stadium. The name change is happening because it was part of the deal for the stadium, not to spite the state. The city is paying the bulk of the bill, so the least the team could do is represent it. Waiting until it opens just seems silly since it will no doubt affect the team's current merchandise sales. Not too many people are gonna buy Florida Marlins gear when they know a change is coming to the name and uniform. That's an interesting angle I haven't thought of. Maybe they'll decide to change it sooner (meaning after this season) if they can get the licensing and branding issues straight. The Sonics became the Thunder between July and September 2008, so it's possible with a year's notice.
  16. Anytime anyone gives you trouble saying the team will still move just be like "35 year lease, bitch!"
  17. yeah, I can't wait to see who comes through here (N.O.). It'll be funny to see some guys one night in person, then see them another through mlb.tv. :arms
  18. OKC has 1.1 million people that is 98% suburbia plus an NBA team. How the hell are they going to support a MLB team even without the NBA team? They can't. I'd say to let's talk about real cities (ya know, with culture, history, etc.), but there is no point. The Marlins are staying in Miami.
  19. I voted for the stadium on Martinez's poll and I'm from N.O. :lol
  20. Think Ok city would bid for the team? Just throwing it out there That cultureless metro only has 1.1 million people and an NBA team (don't get me started on that one). OKC is just one big suburb, and MLB cities need to have strong urban cores and people close to a stadium. Get it done here.
  21. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=231014116 Then I thought Marlins was a really cool name (unlike most of baseball's retarded names)... loved the teal (reminded me of the beach, relaxation, fun in the sun)... and am a fan of the State of Florida. Plus, I've never been a fan of teams like the Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox, Lakers, Cowboys where everyone in the world is like "OMG they da best! LOLz! How can ya not love'em!" So I got into the fan outrage during that special inning during this playoff game, and started following the Marlins ever since! While I was reading that recap, I enjoyed playing this song in the background. :thumbup
  22. I usually go to like 2 or 3 Zephyrs games a year as something to do -- usually on dollar beer or dollar hot dog nights. I don't really know the players, but now thanks to the amazing coincidence that the Marlins are hooked up with the Z's, I have a greater vested interest. I'm a Saints and Hornets season ticket holder, so I'm not really sure how minor leagues work. I have mlb.tv so I follow the Marlins (my NL team) and the Rays (my AL team) pretty closely. Were all the Isotopes players being shipped over here from Albuquerque, and last year's Zephyrs shipped to wherever the Mets moved their AAA team? Who should I pay close attention to on the field this summer in N.O.? Zephyr field opened in 1997 and is a really nice venue. "Several scenes in the movie Mr. 3000 were filmed at Zephyr Field. A baseball scene from Failure to Launch was also filmed at the stadium. Part of an episode of Spike TV's Pros vs Joes was also filmed there."

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.