Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fish Dynasty

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Fish Dynasty

  1. Funny, this is usually caused by taking roids.
  2. Thanks Phenom.
  3. Hopefully Parcells is working on a deal for Boldin or Plaxico because he has done nothing since free agency officially started. most teams have done nothing you build winners through the draft . No, not really.
  4. It's about time.
  5. So...can the draft be pushed up to around 4, or is it too late?
  6. Ah, forgot about 2005. You win.
  7. That be a bad move. The Dodgers shouldn't give in to Manny like that. One they will be $25M handicap for 2 more years when its not needed at this time, and two you ill let Manny/Boras greediness win. No, if they were to add another two years to the original offer, Manny wouldn't be making $20-25 million in years three and four.
  8. Its actually 2-4, but who's counting... Lets also remember that Cassel got sacked more times than any qb in the nfl this past season. Lets also remember that the patriots didn't have a feature back this past season due to injuries. Those two factors probably forced the patriots to be in the shotgun most of the year. Listen, I hate the patriots as much as the next guy, but his numbers speak for themselves: 21 tds, almost 3700 yards and just under a 90 qb rating. That was his first year of actually playing. And for those of you who are going to say the "patriot system"... well if that was true, wouldn't tom brady make the pro bowl every season then? According to sportsline, he's only made it 3 times in 8 years. Regarding the sacks vs being "forced" into shotgun, do remember that "Tommy Terrific" was also throwing mostly from the shotgun in the year of the epic fail. Nor did he have a "feature" back. Maroney never established himself as anything special and the Patriots played in reverse, using the pass to set up the run. Things to remember about Cassell that most first-time starters don't have going for them: 1) Several years in the background learning the system, see Aaron Rodgers vs JaMarcus Russell for how big that is. 2) Randy Moss and Wes Welker. Moss opens the field so much and Welker's reliable enough to ease any QB into the NFL, they both provide a HUGE margin of error. 3) The Patriot passing game is predicated on dump-offs, screens and is very West Coast-esque, read "Blind Side" by Michael Lewis to see how a WC offense can make a QB into something he's not. 4) Most importantly, Cassell got sacked behind the same seemingly invincible line that Tommy Terrific played behind, Cassell's problem involves holding the ball too long and not being able to read the whole field as he drops back. And as for pro-bowl rosters, FD seems to have fixed that. But he was off too, TB didn't start all the Pro Bowls he was in... and: 4? Pro Bowl selection (2001, 2004, 2005, 2007)... But getting back to my point, much like Bill Walsh made Joe Montana, Belichick has done the same thing with Brady, pre-Moss, by having him use West Coast elements to lower the risk and ease the reads being made. With Randy Moss and Wes Welker, the dynamic completely changes, obviously and Brady can just have a shooting gallery. That being said, like I said before, Cassell was behind the scenes memorizing that playbook and practicing with the same players. The only thing he had to overcome was the difference in game speed from practice to the real thing. Now, given that Pioli basically built the Pats as they are, I'm sure he'll be looking to do a similar job in KC. I know, being picky here, but you didn't list TB's Pro Bowl appearance in 2006, which makes five. And yes, it said that he did start in all five of them.
  9. wtf, no sheffield. this list is a joke. Sheffield was terrible last year. he wasn't that bad and he fought shoulder injuries which affected his swing Yeah, but if you have to predict how they will perform this season, then I don't think you can definitely say he will be better than anyone on that list.
  10. wtf, no sheffield. this list is a joke. Sheffield was terrible last year.
  11. Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel traded for the Chiefs 34th overall pick (2nd round). Now the Chiefs get to see how Cassel is really a sh*tty QB who thrived in the Pats system. We'll find out... While I do agree with Dim in that Cassell benefited EXTREMELY from learning that Patsies system for those few years, then jumping in and getting to throw from the shotgun all the time to Moss and Welker... I'll say this... Heretofore in his career, Cassell sucks in anything but shotgun, he also won't have anywhere near the talent around him that he did in NE. That' being said, to get Cassel AND Vrabel for a second round pick is an absolute steal by my standards. As much a system QB as Cassell is, to get a young, starting caliber QB and a serviceable LB for just a 2rounder (given the KC 2nd rounder is as good as a late first rounder) is great, great value. In addition to all this, I expect the Chiefs to trade Thigpen to the Bucs... I don't know quite why I expect that, but I do... which will help them recover that second round pick at that... great move by the Chiefs. Either that or his 1-5 record against playoff teams that year. Its actually 2-4, but who's counting... Lets also remember that Cassel got sacked more times than any qb in the nfl this past season. Lets also remember that the patriots didn't have a feature back this past season due to injuries. Those two factors probably forced the patriots to be in the shotgun most of the year. Listen, I hate the patriots as much as the next guy, but his numbers speak for themselves: 21 tds, almost 3700 yards and just under a 90 qb rating. That was his first year of actually playing. And for those of you who are going to say the "patriot system"... well if that was true, wouldn't tom brady make the pro bowl every season then? According to sportsline, he's only made it 3 times in 8 years. Five times in eight years, from '01-'08, in which he was the starter in all of them.
  12. RJ should be ranked higher.
  13. My Dolphins wish list: 1. Re-sign Bell 2. Sign Julius Peppers 3. Draft Darius Hayward-Bay and/or trade for Anquan Boldin I don't want Bay, 40 yard dash times are overrated and the man is a terrible route runner. WR is one of the Fins biggest needs, if not the biggest. Their pick isn't high enough to get an elite receiver, but Bay is still a great playmaker. Plus, besides T.J., there aren't many good FA receivers. Unless we trade for one, which I don't think is that likely, we would need to draft one, and Bay would probably be the best option left on the table when the Fin's pick comes up. Hakeem Nicks would be a much better fit for the Fins. We need a possession reciever like Nicks to compliment Ginn. I would take speed and explosiveness over possession any time, and I wouldn't call a 4.49 explosive.
  14. My Dolphins wish list: 1. Re-sign Bell 2. Sign Julius Peppers 3. Draft Darius Hayward-Bay and/or trade for Anquan Boldin I don't want Bay, 40 yard dash times are overrated and the man is a terrible route runner. WR is one of the Fins biggest needs, if not the biggest. Their pick isn't high enough to get an elite receiver, but Bay is still a great playmaker. Plus, besides T.J., there aren't many good FA receivers. Unless we trade for one, which I don't think is that likely, we would need to draft one, and Bay would probably be the best option left on the table when the Fin's pick comes up.
  15. you can forget about peppers because carolina franchised him and are going to ask for alot to get him. i also wish they'd go after boldin, but i don't think that's likely. Since franchising a player basically means he's on the trading block, I would hope that the Dolphins would be interested in him, trade for him, and then possibly sign him to a multi-year deal during or shortly after next season. Probable? No. Possible? Somewhat. That's why he's on my "wish" list.
  16. My Dolphins wish list: 1. Re-sign Bell 2. Sign Julius Peppers 3. Draft Darius Hayward-Bay and/or trade for Anquan Boldin
  17. Calm down Beinfest, it's the first game...if this is still happening on the last day of ST, then there's a problem.
  18. Draft time - Sunday, Mar 15, 5:00 PM ET Think you could push it back just an hour or two? That's Selection Sunday!
  19. FSU sweeps Hofstra...Miami takes two of three from Rutgers.
  20. Going to be hard for FSU to get back to the CWS without the national player of the year.
  21. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/acc/sp...ccteamskeds.pdf I would not be shocked if UM started the season 0-4. (I dont think they will) I think they will.
  22. meh I dont see how its a big deal on where Manny goes.. he's gonna put up numbers regardless of what city he's in.. I dont care when the draft starts though. You guys pick a time and I'll be there. But if he's still unsigned I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to draft him.
  23. There's other leagues than MLB you can watch. Giving up on MLB is not giving up on baseball. Such as? Independant, High school, College, Nippon, Domincans, ect ect ect ect hell there's even little league All of which I would never be able to view/follow as I do with the MLB.
  24. There's other leagues than MLB you can watch. Giving up on MLB is not giving up on baseball. Such as?
  25. I don't see how the any of that even makes sense or if it is even relevant. The only thing that is in my hands is if I decide to follow the sport or not. I don't have any control over these players actions, nor do I plan on plan on basing my actions off of the players behavioral decisions. To answer your question, I was simply disappointed when Bonds broke the home run record, as I was when I found out about any other steroid cases, nothing more. If there is one thing I won't do though, that is quitting on the sport. If all sports followers based their passion for a particular sport on what the players do off the field, then every sport's fan base would be in jeopardy. To say that someone must stop watching baseball because certain players cheated the game in order to "care" about what the players did is propostorous. If nobody cared, then steroid allegations wouldn't be making the news at all. When Pete Rose cheated the game of baseball, did you stop watching the game? Obviously, you didn't, so I guess I have the ability to say that you could care less if someone was betting illegally on games, right? And if you said that then you would be right. I don't care, and I don't think any sort of gambling should be illegal. Just because the media says I should be outraged for me to watch their coverage doesn't make me outraged, the same with when congress decides they want to throw away our money to hire their friends as investigators to look into these "scandals". And again that's all fine and good, but do be logical for a moment and just answer this question - If you do not feel strongly enough about this subject to change your own behavior in any way, why do you think your feelings are strong enough to justify the players and owners changing their behavior? If you are even willing to admit that you will watch the game no matter what, then what difference does it make if everyone is juicing till their head is the size of home plate? Why shouldn't they? What is the objective reason? Your first question could have multiple meanings. If I am correct about what the question specifically means, then I would say that the players changing their behavior is justified because they are changing for the ethically right reason. Whether they are telling the truth about changing their methods, that is not for me to judge. It makes a huge difference though, if everyone suddenly starts to cheat their way to/through the big leagues. In one sense, I would be able to enjoy not only watching the game, but I would feel satisfied with the on-field performance and character of a specific player. If everyone is juicing, then I would be watching the sport without receiving the chance to form any type of relationship with a player, and I would feel ashamed for the game of baseball, but I would still watch it because I love the sport. Each person has a different view on this issue, but I would suggest that you do not generalize when you try to make an assumption.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.