Everything posted by cgator
-
Nascar
Nice to see Terry hold on for the win. It has been a while for the Kellogs team to visit the winner's circle. He is a fine gentleman in the sport, and he has a nice history at Darlington. I think it is fitting that Terry takes the last Southern 500 to be run at Darlington on Labor Day weekend.
- Pick A Fish - Round 31
- Pick A Fish - Round 30
-
I'm outta here
Adam is in charge? Admin, I'll be banned before your return... Heck, you might be banned before Admin ever gets to Vermont, nevermind before he gets back. :shifty :mischief
-
are we going to get to 100,000 posts tonight?
That was so not funny... It was a little funny. I can say that since I actually listened and downloaded the security patch months ago (when we had LOTS of advanced warning.)
-
Roger Clemens to pitch for Team USA in 2004?
Hmmm, have a few issues? Please let us know what you really think of Roger.
-
The Embargo
I don't care one way or the other. Certainly a lifting of the embargo would not get rid of Castro any faster. And the reality is that it has not gotten rid of him yet. The whole purpose is to make it harder for Castro to stay in power, but this strangle-hold technique has not worked, nor will a lifting of it. Castro will be gone when he is gone......or something radically changes the thinking of his supporters on the island. To this point, the only ones being hurt are the people of Cuba themselves, especially the ones that are so desperate that they risk their lives to make the crossing to the U.S. Any lifting of that embargo may very well not make any difference since 1) Cuba doesn't have the funds to buy a lot of products, and 2) Typically the 'party' gets the first benefit of anything coming in, not the people who need it. It has been so long, and Castro has shown too much resolve. I don't really think either decision is a winning one. More is the shame.
-
Happy Birthday FurmanGator
I see that CGator joined 1 year ago today! I didn't even notice that. Damn, you're pretty sharp for a guy that is drinking himself under the table for his birthday. BTW You're gonna have to clean that up, the maid is on vacation.
-
Happy Birthday FurmanGator
From one Gator to another, have a great one! :cheers :party :balloons :elefant :dkdance :happybday :disco
- Pick A Fish - Round 29
-
Which?
Vlad has a great arm. But Ramp is right, Vlad might take out Granny in the second row every now and then. Ichiro also has a cannon, but tends to be more accurate with his throws (he also is better at knowing when to hit the cut-off man instead of just airing it out.)
-
This forum turns 1!
*bans Josh* ^^^^^^^^^ The voice of reason.
-
From a Denver Newspaper
Cape, Timing = upcoming series Content: Sell off, maybe. But I could also say that the content makes it seem like they are expecting the Fish to win the wildcard and then go on to another championship....as in '97. All I am saying is that you can read whatever you want into it if you choose to believe it is merely subliminal messaging. Sometimes a rose is just a rose.
-
Ozzy Osbourne singing at Wrigley
That shows you that drugs don't take you nowhere. They take you places. Its just that the end of the trip may not be where you wanted to go.
-
From a Denver Newspaper
Subliminal? I guess I just don't buy into that. A comparison has to be up front if you want me to compare it. If you want to go with an unwritten subliminal message, you can do that with just about anything....and make it be whatever you want. I'm just not a conspiracy theory kind of person. Sorry.
-
From a Denver Newspaper
I'm surprised the Rocky Mountain News would publish such a unaccurate story. The comparisons are not accurate, this team was not bought. Last time I checked almost all the players on our roster have been in OUR minor league system and were the result of the fire sale. No offense Cape, but what comparisons? They don't even mention this year's team. This was strictly an article about the past, and a rehashing of PR bs surrounding '97. At least that is the way I read it.
-
Thank God we didnt get DL Drew
Cabrera is young, he needs to learn. He has had stretches when his hitting was not that good, but he has contributed to this team's good fortune (as have so many of the guys.) TH had his times when everyone was praising him, Banks even had a good week long time frame when he was starting out in left. All have had good and bad times, but Cabrera has made a better impact. He is young, needs to learn more about the patience it takes to be a ML hitter, and experience more of the pitchers he will be facing during his future in the Majors. EVERY player has room for improvement.
-
Ozzy Osbourne singing at Wrigley
Was Ozzy Drunk? Nope, just par for the course with Ozzy. Suprised he didn't finish it off by biting the head off a pigeon :o
-
High School....?
Sure, we all celebrated his 94th. Weren't you here?
-
NASCAR fight
Looks as though they have given Jimmy a suspension until at least August 26. Probably better that way, he will miss Bristol where bumping and banging is normal. Nascar.com
-
Thank God we didnt get DL Drew
I agree......again. The man is good when you can put him in the line up, but you just can't do that often enough for it to make a big impact.
- The Real Hussein
-
Ozzy Osbourne singing at Wrigley
And damn scary too!
-
Sneaking in to the country?
Looking for new, original ways to get across the border? Don't try it disguised as an SUV car seat, it's already been tried. link
-
Four Animals
A teacher asked her class, "What do you want out of life?" A little girl in the back raised her hand and said, "All I want out of life is four animals." The teacher asked, "Really, and what four animals would that be?" The little girl replied, "A mink on my back, a jaguar in the garage, a tiger in bed and a jackass to pay for all of it."