Everything posted by cgator
-
Six Again
A man asked his wife what she'd like for her birthday. "I'd love to be six again, " she replied. On the morning of her birthday, he arose early, made her a nice big bowl of Lucky Charms and then took her off to the local theme park. What a day. He put her on every ride in the park?the Death Slide, the Wall of Fear, the Screaming Monster Roller Coaster, everything there was. Five hours later she staggered out of the theme park. Her head was reeling and her stomach felt upside down. Right away, they journeyed to a McDonald's where her loving husband ordered her a Happy Meal with extra fries and a refreshing chocolate shake. Then it was off to a movie, a hotdog, popcorn, a soda pop, and her favorite candy. Finally she wobbled home with her husband and collapsed into bed exhausted. He leaned over his precious wife with a big smile and lovingly asked, "Well, dear, what was it like being six again?" Her eyes slowly opened and her expression suddenly changed. "You idiot, I meant my dress size!"
-
Bad or Terrible
A man sat in his attorney's office. "Do you want the bad news first or the terrible news?" the lawyer said. "Give me the bad news first." "Your wife found a picture worth a half-million dollars." "That's the bad news?" asked the man incredulously. "I can't wait to hear the terrible news." "The terrible news is that it's of you and your secretary."
-
The Worst Feeling Ever?................
but as usual they escape smelling like roses somehow... The good teams always seem to get the breaks. Luck plays as big a role as skill for the ones on top.
-
High School....?
Max or Truefan, have any of you taken classes at the Biscayne campus? how different is it from UP if you have Sorry, I'm not Max or 1Truefan. I probably wouldn't even recognize the campus anymore. I took some classes at that campus in the early '80's when there were only 2 operating buildings there. They were just finishing up a 3rd, and I did use the lab facilities in that structure when it opened. They also had a series of trailers along the parking lot to host classes. I remember what a beautiful campus it was at that time, right on the Bay. I imagine it is still great (doubt the Bay has moved,) but I'm sure it is a lot more built up than it was in my days there. Good luck BTW!
-
New member post
Welcome aboard. Have a seat, relax, and post away. ps Forgive my grammar, I read Baseball Weekly in English classes. Excellent!
-
NASCAR fight
Bobby and Tony. If they drive for Joe Gibbs, I like them.
-
What school you all go to?(If you go to school.)
...the other one is not really anything...he's from dirty Jersey Easy buddy, I told you I was originally from the north. Jersey just happens to be the hole I dug myself out of. I still have friends there (well, most of them are under the witness protection program.)
-
What school you all go to?(If you go to school.)
I went to a (Catholic) high school. Don't hate me! Me too. Actually, I attended 12 years of Catholic school. Now look at me...... No wait, don't look! I said don't look! (and I have the mangled fingers to prove it)
- High School....?
-
NASCAR fight
Robby Gordon, another Winston Cup driver, offered to pay Spencer's fine and said Busch "had it coming for a while." Robby is a fine one to talk, he's had it coming for even longer. Spencer never forgets, this could turn into an almost weekly thing until NASCAR takes some action. I do feel a little bad for Jimmy though. Every time it looks as though he will have a good run, something goes wrong. As soon as he starts to get lapped, I think the poor guy turns into Homer Simpson. You know, his eyes glaze over and he starts to say, "Mmmmm, beeeeerrr!" :homer
-
What school you all go to?(If you go to school.)
Ah, the memories :shifty
-
High School....?
I graduated high school........... in the early '80's :o Graduated from FIU in the mid '80's. Of course, I'm only 21 right now :whistle
- Pick A Fish - Round 28
-
NY Area Power Outage
My hamster is running on a wheel to generate power for me. :lolup Century Village hamster?????? :thumbup
-
Racism in the South?
you damn yankee gator. get out of here.... :boo-woo nobody likes me :crying I'll be leaving now *packs bags* :disguise2
-
Racism in the South?
I don't mind tourists, but the transplanted residents are really annoying. Sorry, I'll try not to be so annoying :shifty I have to admit to being a transplant, but the ironic part is that I have lived here longer than either of you :whistle Don't worry though, I'm not the typical northerner you are refferring to (I'm not allowed to be, my wife is a native.....as was her father before her.)
-
Your All-Time Baseball Team
Bonds could not have played when Mays did. The armour, the constant whining about pitching inside. REAL players such as Mays and Bobby Bonds dealt with inside pitches and never batted an eye. If any of those guys were able to hide behind that chicken s**t elbow armour, and get umpires to throw pitchers out of the game for throwing inside, the HR bar would be set at over 1000, and hits at over 6000. Bonds would have been a good player back then, but no where near what he is today.
-
Football Wins Prediction Game
Dallas- 5 NY Giants- 8 Philadelphia-10 Washington-9 Chicago-9 Detroit-5 Minnesota-11 Green Bay-13 Tampa Bay-13 Carolina- 9 Atlanta-11 New Orleans-10 St. Louis-11 Arizona-8 San Francisco-11 Seattle- 6 Buffalo-6 Miami-11 New England-12 NY Jets-12 Cincinnati-7 Cleveland-8 Pittsburgh- 11 Baltimore-10 Tennessee-9 Indianapolis-10 Jacksonville-6 Houston-6 Kansas City-8 Oakland-10 San Diego-10 Denver- 9
-
Destruction of the Everglades?
I tried to stay away from this topic, just to keep my mind from exploding. As some of you know, I have been working in the Glades for better than 20 years now. To skip all my rants, I'll just hit the main point. Most people don't know enough about it to give a damn. We want land to live on, so we drain. Flood protection, so we dam. Economic growth, so we build. When too much water was forced from the land, the surrounding salt water intruded into the well fields of South Florida. The solution was to dam more areas and turn them into unnaturally high water containment areas for the surface recharge of the underground fresh water aquifer (S. E. Florida's only fresh water supply.) We build on former natural recharge areas and then complain when it floods during heavy rains. The plain reality: Most South Floridians are too ignorant of the situation to know what is going on. The very things that drew so many people to South Florida in the first place, are the things most threatened by their arrival in droves. We pave over the areas that recharge our water supply. Those same recharge areas stimulate the atmosphere to produce the seasonal rains that provides us with that same fresh water, and a climate that appeals to most inhabitants here. The residents of South Florida depend on the natural system for their ability to survive in this area. Unfortunately, that natural environment now depends on people to manage it's survival. Something very hard to do when people don't know about it, don't care about it, or feel that they must conquer it to live here. Okay, I think I have been subdued enough for now.
-
Flight 93
I heard that report this morning. Does it diminish the contributions of the passengers attempting to do something? No way! Even if the terrorists themselves crashed the plane as a result of an attempt to re-take the plane, countless lives were saved. This report in no way takes away from a heroic attempt by everyday people to save the lives of people they didn't even know. IMO
-
Try it
Try it! While sitting at your desk, make clockwise circles with your right foot. While doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand. What direction is your foot going now? Kind of plays with your mind a bit, doesn't it? Test your mind with some other anomalies: aanomalies-unlimited.com
-
Racism in the South?
I agree......... but I also disagree. Originally being from the north, I certainly see the statements you are making about that area. I saw my share of racists in those areas, but I also saw great tolerance. On the other hand, I have worked with folks down here that were born and raised in South Florida. For the most part, they are the perfect cooperative society members. However, I currently work with a few that make drive me crazy when they show their bigotry (there was even one guy that was born in Cuba and had to be one of the worst bigots I have seen in about 25 years.) It depends on the environment you grew up in, were (and are) exposed to, and (I believe) education. I am not my father's son for all aspects. I never liked his bigot behavior, and I have never had it myself (and have always been intolerant of it.) As much as I would like to believe that this practice will disappear, I fear it will always be around in one form or another as long as there are people to keep hatred alive.
-
Reid sentencing
Our individual freedom to live as we choose, to come and go as we choose, and to believe or not believe as we individually choose. Here, in this society, the very winds carry freedom. They carry it everywhere from sea to shining sea. It is because we prize individual freedom so much that you are here in this beautiful courtroom. So that everyone can see, truly see that justice is administered fairly, individually, and discretely. It is for freedom's sake that your lawyers are striving so vigorously on your behalf and have filed appeals, and will go on in their representation of you before other judges. We are about freedom. Because we all know that the way we treat you, Mr. Reid, is the measure of our own liberties. Make no mistake though. It is yet true that we will bear any burden, pay any price, to preserve our freedoms. Look around this courtroom. Mark it well. The world is not going to long remember what you or I say here. Day after tomorrow it will be forgotten. But this, however, will long endure. Here in this courtroom and courtrooms all across America, the American people will gather to see that justice, individual justice, justice, not war, individual justice is in fact being done. The very President of the United States through his officers will have to come into courtrooms and lay out evidence on which specific matters can be judged, and juries of citizens will gather to sit and judge that evidence democratically, to mold and shape and refine our sense of justice. See that flag, Mr. Reid? That's the flag of the United States of America. That flag will fly there long after this is all forgotten. That flag stands for freedom. You know it always will. Custody, Mr. Officer. Stand him down." BRAVO!!!!! Judge Young says it as well as it can be said. :usaflag
- Coffee
-
Best Relief Pitcher in Marlins' History
I have to go with Harvey. The fact that he had such a good year on that early team was incredible. He deserves the nod.