Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ozzy Osbourne singing at Wrigley

Featured Replies

Dysfunctional fun at the old ballpark

 

By Johnny Rosenstein

Tribune staff reporter

 

August 17, 2003, 11:31 PM CDT

 

Fifty-four-year-old rock 'n' roller Ozzy Osbourne and wife Sharon sang "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" for the seventh-inning stretch Sunday at Wrigley Field. One can't blame Ozzy for not knowing the words, since he was born in Birmingham, England.

 

But in the overall picture, it was pure Ozzy.

 

Chip Caray: "All right, Chicago. Here comes Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne."

 

Ozzy: "All right, Chicago. I want to hear a real crazy crowd start singing. Are you ready? Are you ready? I can't hear you. Are you ready?

 

"One. Two. Three.

 

"Let's go out to the ballgame. Let's go out to the bluhhhhhn.

 

"Take me a ee-yan eeya (humming) the field.

 

"I don't care if I ahh-uhn ack.

 

"Da da da da duh da da da eam. Duh ee, da da da da dahhh.

 

"For a fee, two, three strikes you're out at the old ballgame. Yeahhhhhh."

 

Sharon: "Now let's get some runs."

 

Ozzy: "Yeah. Let's get some runs."

 

Near the end of the broadcast, WGN-Ch. 9 showed a replay of legendary Los Angeles Dodgers announcer Vin Scully giving the thumbs up after Osbourne's rendition.

 

"If you get the seal of approval from Hall of Famer Vin Scully, you know you're doing OK," Caray said.

 

one of the funnies things i have ever heard

that was bad, real bad

Was Ozzy Drunk? :(

Nope, just par for the course with Ozzy.

 

Suprised he didn't finish it off by biting the head off a pigeon :o

No, you know what was bad? The guy on Wednesday at the Marlins game who didn't know the words to the National Anthem. THAT was bad.

  • Author

No, you know what was bad? The guy on Wednesday at the Marlins game who didn't know the words to the National Anthem. THAT was bad.

he was French or something, and he was reading from a few sheets of paper and he dropped the papers...

 

it was classic and pathetic

Its pretty sad that a guy who made a living destroying himself with drugs and booze during his peak is now more popular than ever just because he's a blubbering fool. He's paraded around by that dictator Sharon for appearances all over the place when he should be in an old folks home. he's 54 going on 104. He was the same way when I saw him at Ozzfest a few weeks ago.

That shows you that drugs don't take you nowhere.

They take you places.

 

Its just that the end of the trip may not be where you wanted to go.

  • Author

I like the Osbourn show but his music and how he acts is so Stupid! He is getting old anyways...

his music is stupid?

That shows you that drugs don't take you nowhere.

like a hit tv show and millions and millions of $$$$$$$$? :shifty time to light up :p

Is it me, or during the replay, instead of "I don't care if I ever get back" he said " I don't know what I had to drink".

 

Thoughts?

  • Author

Is it me, or during the replay, instead of "I don't care if I ever get back" he said " I don't know what I had to drink".

 

Thoughts?

"I don't care if I ahh-uhn ack.

I swear he said "I don't know what I had to drink"

 

Or at least that's what it sounded like on SportsCenter.

I swear he said "I don't know what I had to drink"

 

Or at least that's what it sounded like on SportsCenter.

I wrote it down when they showed that segment again on the replay of SC. In that line, he said: "I don't know what I have to do." :lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.