Bullpen

TarHeel324

that is the weak link. no question

and im not even taking armando benitez into account

we arent that good 7th-8th innings and we stink in the 9th

if the phils get us, itll be because of our bullpen troubles

that being said, i honestly dont think theres a huge dropoff from last year

i mean, our middle relief is intact. benitez is a dropoff from last year, but well survive :thumbup

Hopefully it won't take a complete meltdown like the one we had up in Canada a few years ago to get the front office's attention. I think after today's performance that saw our most reliable relievers prove shaky, we should see some help soon.

What ever happened to Botilico?

Guest Juanky

Well, I look at today this way.....

Fox was throwing well, just not for strikes. His pitches moved (from where I sat) and he was coming with gas, covering 96 frequently and 97 a couple times.

Perisho came in and did what he had to do, and did it well. No complaints for him. Plus he has awesome music.

Benitez pitched well the first two hitters. He gave up a homerun, but to Jose Vidro. The guy doesn't exactly suck. He regained his composure and bounced back next batter, got the last out, game ended. Give him some more chances before you write him off as sucky.

Well, I look at today this way.....

Fox was throwing well, just not for strikes. His pitches moved (from where I sat) and he was coming with gas, covering 96 frequently and 97 a couple times.

Perisho came in and did what he had to do, and did it well. No complaints for him. Plus he has awesome music.

Benitez pitched well the first two hitters. He gave up a homerun, but to Jose Vidro. The guy doesn't exactly suck. He regained his composure and bounced back next batter, got the last out, game ended. Give him some more chances before you write him off as sucky.

umm he gave up a double after the HR, then got the last out, but your point is clear juanky. he did pitch well and bounced back after wayne went to the mound

on the bright side, choi looks real good, so maybe we'll have some big leads to work with

also: should choi play like he did today consistently, nunez is going somewhere for bullpen help

I think that Fox just had a bad day and I have the confidence in him to get it done through out the season. Benitez is going to cause alot of hard attacks thorough out the whole season, but if he can get the deal done and make sure the Marlins win then I will deal with it. As for the rest of the pen I think that the young guys will all prove themselves just like our starting roation has done.