Hank Goldberg

Miamimarlins04

they are trying to do a deal with Huizenga and bring in a minority partner, which could also be Huizenga (vomit).

The existing minority partners have increased their demands, which if you don't know, includes the florida marlins being given to them (to play in montreal) and then MLB either bringing the expos to south florida or taking it somewhere else. That includes the farm system, everything. Oh yeah, and they want $250 million.

they are trying to do a deal with Huizenga and bring in a minority partner, which could also be Huizenga (vomit).

The existing minority partners have increased their demands, which if you don't know, includes the florida marlins being given to them (to play in montreal) and then MLB either bringing the expos to south florida or taking it somewhere else. That includes the farm system, everything. Oh yeah, and they want $250 million.

Are you serious? The minority partners are just that, minority partners. And as far as I know Loria has a larger than 70 % stake in the team.

Guest Moneyball

Whys he call it that?

yes

the minority partners want to move the marlins to montreal? haven't they figured montreal can't support a team! where do you here this? are these the idiots suing loria? could this happen? :blink:

Guest Moneyball

i wouldn't ming hiPINGA having minority ownership as of the marlins as long as it stays like that and they get a stadium. i gues hiPINGA is finally figuring out the marlins are the team of the future in s.florida

Whys he call it that?

yes

the minority partners want to move the marlins to montreal? haven't they figured montreal can't support a team! where do you here this? are these the idiots suing loria? could this happen? :blink: But why does he call it that?

And no way the minority partners get those ludicrous demands.

okay don't believe me.

And they aren't idiots, they are some of the wealthiest individuals and corporations in Quebec (and a couple, some of the wealthiest in the country) and their prestige and good names are on the line, and with their deep pockets they can keep litigation going indefinitely making it impossible for Loria to secure the kind of financing he needs.

Guest Moneyball

But why does he call it that?

because he doesn't know s*** about baseball and is trying to please the marlin fans that call his show complaining. he wants everybody to think he knows about all sports.

I am so tired of all the media in Miami. They can all go to hell.

Fox Sports Net is the only outlet that covers the Marlins well. Thankfully they share that coverage with PAX 35 and PAX66 55 times a season to give those without cable in SoFla a chance to hear some pro-Marlins coverage.

None of the newspapers in the Metro area comes close to covering the Marlins like they should, the TV and radio stations are all Dolphins, and the Marlins have no alternative media outlets to go to.

okay don't believe me.

And they aren't idiots, they are some of the wealthiest individuals and corporations in Quebec (and a couple, some of the wealthiest in the country) and their prestige and good names are on the line, and with their deep pockets they can keep litigation going indefinitely making it impossible for Loria to secure the kind of financing he needs.

I believe you that they are asking for that much but I just don't see them getting their demands.

What are cashcalls?

Loria is CEO of the Marlins. He needs money to put in the Marlins bank account so he sends out a message calling the other owners to put cash into the account to keep the team running. If they don't put cash in, Loria does and is growing his share because he is paying their share for them and gains more ownership interest.

That is the entire reason they are suing, they were too cheap to pay the cash calls and keep their majority control. Loria only controlled 30-40 some % when he became the majority owner of the Expos. It grew when the others couldn't pay the bills.

Guest Moneyball

Question: Were these owners involved with the Expos when Loria owned them? if they were y don't they buy the expos build them a stadium and help them, not move the marlins to montreal that would be the same thing as keeping the expos there, nobody will go to the games!!! canada is not a baseball country. only toronto could support a team because of all the latins.

Question: Were these owners involved with the Expos when Loria owned them? if they were y don't they buy the expos build them a stadium and help them, not move the marlins to montreal that would be the same thing as keeping the expos there, nobody will go to the games!!! canada is not a baseball country. only toronto could support a team because of all the latins.

Because they just want to get back at Loria.