ESPN's Misery Index

FishFanPR

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/040407

awesome article, it assigns misery indexes to every franchise around the league. Marlins got a good spot:

27. Florida Marlins (out of 30)

They've won the World Series twice without ever finishing in first place (you can hear Boston and Chicago fans gritting their teeth). So what could these fans possibly have to complain about? Well, there was that rather ugly fire sale after the 1997 championship, there are all those rain delays and their owner, the slippery Jeffrey Loria, is hinting about a possible move if the community doesn't build him a stadium to replace the one where the Marlins won those two World Series.

As just a fan I can imagine the pain not to be that of the level of the Indians or Cubs, but surely Caple would know what impact the '94 strike, Wayne and Henry have done to give Major League Baseball a bad name in South Florida.

Hopefully Loria does just what he was doing in Montreal. Trying to build a strong franchise, and not be blamed for the faults of previous owners.

The 1994 strike was terrible for the Marlins.

Wayne's dismantling of the 1997 team started the dark ages...Henry was the prince of the Dark Ages.

We just saw the Renaissance in 2003...this is the industrial age in the team's history. :D Good thing that Conine is still here from the Stone Age.

I was SHOCKED when I read that we're ranked so low. But then again, we have won 2 World Series in less than 10 years.

5-1, tons of stud young players, defending World Champs....you feeling any misery these days? I sure ain't :D Not these days, I'm talking in the past (1998 ring a bell?)

Why does the media treat poor Loria like a slimeball? The poor guy gets a dead-on-arrival treatment everywhere he goes. I hope he proves them wrong and us right and gets this team the ballpark we deserve.

It is a shame. I dont get it. This guy has done nothing but rejuvenate this franchise. We have vaulted into one of the better franchises in ALL of baseball in just 2 years! I hope we do get a stadium, so this guy can have the 'slimeball' removed from his name for good and we can focus, FINALLY, on baseball and this organization!!! Imagine that...

Why does the media treat poor Loria like a slimeball? The poor guy gets a dead-on-arrival treatment everywhere he goes. I hope he proves them wrong and us right and gets this team the ballpark we deserve.

It is a shame. I dont get it. This guy has done nothing but rejuvenate this franchise. We have vaulted into one of the better franchises in ALL of baseball in just 2 years! I hope we do get a stadium, so this guy can have the 'slimeball' removed from his name for good and we can focus, FINALLY, on baseball and this organization!!! Imagine that... I agree, I believe in a clean slate, and I have to say that it's refreshing to have an owner who isn't making threats regarding the team. Sure, he's ransoming Mike Lowell to the city, but it's better than what Henry did with CJ's contract clause, and Loria is a good guy. I've met him, and I've met Wayne and I have to say Loria was an incredibly nice guy while Wayne was an obnoxious s***...