Will a hot start help seal a stadium deal?

jonnylons

I dont have any evidence for this, so please, dont ask. But I am curious: how would a hot start effect our desire for a stadium? It could only help. 6-1 right now, and this team is looking as good as it did in the playoffs last season. There is a reason why this team had the best record in baseball from May on last year. Right now, that is certainly the case. This team looks dominant. I just hope our local politicians climb aboard the bandwagon as does the rest of S. Fl. and we can get a deal done.

If we do get that stadium deal, I hope they set it up with the same field dimensions as JRS. Scoreboard, Bermuda Triangle and all.

What do you all think? Does a hot start increase our chances?

I'm going to have to say no, simply because we won't have any more homegames until the end of the month, making the attendence pretty much irrelevant by the May 1st deadline. The fact that the Marlins are playing well cements that this team will probably be kept together for the duration of the year, but I doubt it helps with the stadium; I wouldn't be surprised though.

On field performance rarely affects off field decisions of this magnitude; it's all about attendance.

I have been thinking the same thing. Having a very young, very talented team makes it a much harder decision for potential no votes on a stadium. I have not heard anything to this effect either, but you have to think the politicians are taking note. If the fans get behind the team, the politicians will follow.

It's one thing putting a boat load of taxpayer money into a dream, it's another thing putting it into a tangible potential dynasty caliber team. With this team you could almost garauntee a WS within the next three years assuming it is kept intact, the politians must me paying attention.

i think an NL east championship and another WS will bring a stadium. i dont think this 6-1 start is enough.

~Le0

By then, it would be too late.

It is unfortunate that we are on a long road trip. I think right now we could be gaining some momentum with our current winning streak. People would come out and attend. It could set off a spark too. But we are on the road, this is true. Still, I think this could only help us at this point. The opposite would certainly not net us good PR.

I am curious to see what will happen though. We could be far and away in first place and getting good news on the stadium front. That would be an instant

CHA-CHING and help us not only keep this team together long term, but also get us some more talent come August/September.

We should set a time to start a we want a stadium cheer.

Thoughts?

I was hoping it would happen on Opening day, but it didn't.

It would be great to do it when we come back home after these 9 games on the road and play the braves, as that will be a week or so from the deadline. I think it's a great idea

i think an NL east championship and another WS will bring a stadium. i dont think this 6-1 start is enough.

~Le0

It is unfortunate that we are on a long road trip. I think right now we could be gaining some momentum with our current winning streak. People would come out and attend. It could set off a spark too. But we are on the road, this is true. Still, I think this could only help us at this point. The opposite would certainly not net us good PR.

If the Marlins come home after a successful roadtrip (7-2), that will be the momentum for a good homestand, attendance wise. This team is a fun team a lot, and a good start will the fill the stadium nicely early in the season.

~Le0

If the Marlins come home after a successful roadtrip (7-2), that will be the momentum for a good homestand, attendance wise. This team is a fun team a lot, and a good start will the fill the stadium nicely early in the season.

Guest Juanky

Yeah, I've always been fond of the Teal Monster. And ever since a Phillie fan was sitting behind me on Sunday was complaining about it half of the game, I've realized it is the best thing we have.

Guest Moneyball

i love the teal monster. the only thing i would change in a potential new stadium is to make it one of those amnual powered score boards like at fenway.

i love the teal monster. the only thing i would change in a potential new stadium is to make it one of those manual powered score boards like at fenway.

We had one. The first season or so, it was a manual scoreboard. They took it out. I liked the manual scoreboard.

However they set up a new park, make it a pitcher's park. Teams in hitters parks don't do anything over the long run (Red Sox, Cubbies).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.