Marlins Minors Update April 16th

dolfinfan305

RF Jeremy Hermida went 2-for-5 with 2 steals, a run scored, and 2 RBIs while LHP Scott Olsen allowed one unearned run in 5 hitless innings to earn his 1st win of the season, as Jupiter (FLA) pummeled Vero Beach (LAD), 11-6. Hermida is 5-for-15 (.333) in his first 3 games of the season. Olsen has a 3.12 ERA after 2 starts. SS Joel Guzman doubled, stole a base, and scored a run for Vero Beach in the loss. Guzman is hitting .333 in 6 games.

Triple A

Frank Gracesqui has 0.00 ERA w/ 7 SO in 5 IP

Ben Howard 3.38 ERA in 5 IP

Mike Flannery 0.00 ERA w/ 3 SO in 4 IP

Wilson Valdez, SS - .324 BA, 1HR, 5 RBI

Double A

Jerrod Fuell (aquir. from Tigers in Redman trade) 0.00 ERA in 2.2 IP, 5 SO - pitched well last year also

Pete Hartmann 2.08 ERA, 4 IP, 8 SO (Ouch!!) - Lefthander

Peter Bauer - 5.2 IP, 4 SO, 0.00 ERA

Josh Willingham, C - .294 BA, 3 HR, 5 RBI

Guest Juanky

The problem with Gracequi is that he won't see the majors, even if he is doing extremely well, until either Touchdown Tommy or Perisho struggle. We can't have three lefties in the pen man, sorry.

Our minor league talent is awesome. I think Wilson Valdez and Franklyn Gracequi are close to major league ready right now. Josh Willingham is up there also.

Man your a real big supporter of this guy. How old is Wilson Valdez...Starter next year in the making possibly? Not too bad. Im going to a few mudcats games in a week or so. Ill give you all reports on how they do.

It's not hard to be a fan of Wilson Valdez and his age is 25

How much of a defensive drop-off do you think we would see with Valdez out there in place of Gonzalez?

Just watching Gonzo turn that double play on BBTN last night was really beautiful. We sure could use Valdez' bat, but could he really replace Gonzo's defense?

spring training is spring training but Valdez looked pretty darn good in the field in his dozen or so appearances. Give him a year under the Marlins infield coach and you might be saying Sea Bass who? I'd like to see more of him playing, maybe JBourque could keep an eye out for us, I think he lives in Albuquerque.

Valdez is one of the best fielders I've ever seen in person. He's got speed and is EXCELLENT defensively. I'm going to the Sat, Sun, Monday Topes games so I'll give a good recap after that.

If he keeps doing this well, it would be great to see a September call up!

Valdez is one of the best fielders I've ever seen in person. He's got speed and is EXCELLENT defensively. I'm going to the Sat, Sun, Monday Topes games so I'll give a good recap after that.

If he keeps doing this well, it would be great to see a September call up!

If he keeps it up you'll be seeing him in July !

Before yesterdays Topes game, they played an interview the local sports channel had with Mckeon when the Fish were here before opening day. He spoke VERY highly of Valdez and said he wished he had a spot for him right now on the big club. Said that everyone will know who he is before the year was out.

He also spoke very highly of Chris Aguila, who has looked very impressive so far in Albuquerque.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.