I'm bored, what about this trade...

NirvanaNole

Penny/Gonzo for Michael Young/Cordero. We'd finally have a SS that could hit and another good bullpen pitcher. I doubt Texas would be interested, but it would be worth a shot once AJ is back if we are still in contention.

We could probably get Soriano from Texas for some of our pitching, but I'm guessing he is too expensive for us and I don't know if either him or Castillo cold play SS.

We can't really afford to lose our best pitcher right now and our best defensive player...pitching is all we have....

I think what we really need to make a run at is some bullpen....If you think about it the offense will eventually come together, Castillo has just not been playing his game.

I think that if we made any trades for offense, the position would be catcher...and the obvious answer is Kendall.

We really need him...

We cant give away one of our good pitchers...Penny is pitching very good. He is really helping out the team now. We cant get rid of him...especially now when he is doing very good. I dont want to trade any of our starting pitchers except for DO who I REALLY want to trade.

Penny is on the not gonna be traded this year list. Along with...

Lowell, Pierre, Cabs, Conine, Choi, Castillo, Redmond, Pavano, Beckett, Burnett, Benitez, Willis, Fox, Spooneybarger, Borland, Easley, Perisho, and Mordecai.

I wouldn't be suprised/sad to see anyone esle go

id trade Nunez for a relif pitcher

I'd rather trade Cordero for relief pitching and let Conine platoon 1B when needed.

I happen to agree.

The Marlins tried to showcase Cordero (and Easley) but unforunately Cordero didn't show enough to establish a decent trade value (to put it nicely).

When trade time comes around, I believe, absent a blockbuster trade that fundamentally changes the makeup of the team, you'll see more of what was seen last season - trading prospects for 1/2 season MLB talent.

As for Nunez, I've come to the conclusion that the Marlins have decided not to trade him, at least not now. His trade value is low, his ability to play all three OF positions combined with his speed and decent bat may prove invaluable as they make other moves. For an economically constrained team like the Fish, roster management is the key to their financial viability now and in the future, and at least for this season, Nunez will stay put, even if that means jettisoning a Lenny Harris.

I'd rather trade Cordero for relief pitching and let Conine platoon 1B when needed.

I happen to agree.

The Marlins tried to showcase Cordero (and Easley) but unforunately Cordero didn't show enough to establish a decent trade value (to put it nicely).

When trade time comes around, I believe, absent a blockbuster trade that fundamentally changes the makeup of the team, you'll see more of what was seen last season - trading prospects for 1/2 season MLB talent.

As for Nunez, I've come to the conclusion that the Marlins have decided not to trade him, at least not now. His trade value is low, his ability to play all three OF positions combined with his speed and decent bat may prove invaluable as they make other moves. For an economically constrained team like the Fish, roster management is the key to their financial viability now and in the future, and at least for this season, Nunez will stay put, even if that means jettisoning a Lenny Harris. I wouldn't want to see them trade Nunez either. He is our only reserve CFer. He is certainly an upgrade over Banks......

I happen to agree.

The Marlins tried to showcase Cordero (and Easley) but unforunately Cordero didn't show enough to establish a decent trade value (to put it nicely). they dont need to "showcase" Cordero

every team in the majors know what they will get with Wil Cordero

I dont believe he was shocased for 1 second

Penny/Gonzo for Michael Young/Cordero. We'd finally have a SS that could hit and another good bullpen pitcher. I doubt Texas would be interested, but it would be worth a shot once AJ is back if we are still in contention.

We could probably get Soriano from Texas for some of our pitching, but I'm guessing he is too expensive for us and I don't know if either him or Castillo cold play SS.

There is no way Texas would move Young. I think they would move Soriano before they moved him.