Local H.S. Draftees

Wild Card

Name some local high school players that were taken.

Alex Garabedian- Columbus HS: New York Yankees- 7th round.

My family was at Alex's house during the day of the draft, and he was taken in the 7th round by the Yankees. He was pissed. He was projected to be a 2nd-5th round pick, and slipped because he's only coming out of high school. Being only the second catcher to ever get a full ride to UM (the other one: no other than Charles Johnson himself), he's obviously decided to go there.

Eammon Portice- Ft. Lauderdale HS: Minnesotta Twins- 17th round.

I know Eammon through my job. Ft. Lauderdale and Boca High (where I attend school) are both in the 16-4A district (they won, we were runner-ups) and I interviewed him after both our games against them, both which we actually beat him. My most fond memories of Eammon were when my brother hit a 370-foot homer off him, and when my brother hit a 390-foot triple off him at Ft. Lauderdale stadium, but that's not the point. He's only 6-foot-1, 165 lbs., but he consistantly touches 92 MPH and has a 12-6 curveball that is disgusting. He also has a mid-80s slider that is sick.

Our Pitcher for Coralpark was picked in the 3rd round.

EDUARDO MORLAN MIAMI CORAL PARK HS RHP R/R 6'2" 210 1986-03-01 HS

COMMENT: LARGE BUILD. DURABLE PITCHERS FRAME. STRENGTH THROUGH OUT. ROUND SHOULDERS. BODY TYPE SIMILAR TO A YOUNG ROGER CLEMENS. NO WINDUP, LOW 3/4 DELIVERY. CLEAN ARM ACTION ON BACK SIDE. THROWS A HEAVY FB W/ EXPLOSIVE ACTION IN ZONE. SHARP, LATE BREAK SLIDER IN K ZONE. DECEPTION CHANGEUP WHEN DOWN. SOLID ARM ACTION ON OFFSPEED STUFF. POISED. AGGRESSIVE. OCCAISIONAL EXPLOSIVE FB, SHARP SLIDER & DECEPTION CHANGE.

Guest Juanky

Gaby went third pick third round to the Mets

COMMENT: TALL, LARGE, ATHLETIC FRAME. ROUND SHOULDERS. STRENGTH THROUGH OUT. BODY SIMILAR TO KEVIN MILLWOOD. NO WINDUP, 3/4 ARM. SMOOTH DELIVERY, CLEAN ARM ACTION ON BACK SIDE. AVG FB W/ DOWNWARD PLANE, MOSTLY 88-91, TOUCHES 92, LATE LIFE IN ZONE. SHARP CB, TIGHT ROTATION, 11 TO 5 BREAK, THROWN FOR STRIKES. DECEPTIVE CHANGEUP, KEEPS IT DOWN. GOOD PRESENCE. BIG LEAGUE PITCHERS BODY. LIVE ARM & EFFORTLESS DELIVERY.

Anthony Swarzak from Nova got picked 61st overall by the Twins

Swarzak was as dominant as any high school pitcher this season. He conisistently throws 91-92 and occasionally topping out at 94. GREAT command with both his 12-6 hook and his fastball.

Chris Garcia from Gulliver got picked 99th overall by the Yankees.

This is Garcia's first year on the mound, he is a converted catcher. He struggles at times to throw strikes but still is dominant. He consistently throws 94 and occasionally topping out at 96.

Sean Gallagher from St. Thomas got picked 366th overall by the Cubs

Eric Ridener from Tarravella got picked 232nd by the Pirates.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.