Justin Wayne sent to AAA

rferry

He was activated from the DL and sent to AAA yesterday.

Odd move if you ask me because he was becoming quite the setup man before falling out of favor and thrown into a mop-up role and becoming injured.

Does anyone know if it was just because he was the only one with options (doesn't Howard?) or what?

Guest Jack1

Beinfest and McKeon went into Panic mode after last Tuesday night's loss. I don't think they thought things through...just reacted. That's ok. I think maybe some of these guys that were sent down probably feel a little bit of relief. Jack always said he wanted one of them to step up for the 8th inning spot but in looking back, he never really used any of them in that way. The Marlins were still in first place for goodness sakes! Well, I just hope none of this comes back to haunt them. We'll have to see what happens the next month or so.

BTW, I see Bump pitched two scoreless innings last night in relief in the second game of a DH. 6 up 6 down. 2 K's 0 BB I also heard that he will be going back to starting. YEAH!!! I hope he does well and maybe gets traded because with our starting rotation, he will never get a chance to start with the Marlins.

Neu got the save in the first game. He had 2 K's 0 BB in one inning of work.

The announcer said Phelps has not reported yet. I know his arm was bothering him.

Anyone heard anything about this? I hope McKean's misuse hasn't once again ruined another arm!

He was activated from the DL and sent to AAA yesterday.

Odd move if you ask me because he was becoming quite the setup man before falling out of favor and thrown into a mop-up role and becoming injured.

Does anyone know if it was just because he was the only one with options (doesn't Howard?) or what?

If he pitches well he'll probably be back. I don't think he has setup stuff, but he can still contribute.

i thought that was kind of strange also

why not send borland?

I'm pretty sure we will see Wayne up for Borland soon enough

Wayne and Borland have both had their ups and downs so far. They are very similar pitchers. Both induce ground balls. Borland has a good slider and gets a few more Ks as a result. I could see Wayne getting the call once he is healthy again. Looks like Jack is working to build a BP of more experienced veterans right now.