Issues I have noticed as of late

CapeFish

1) McKeon continues to live in denial that Choi exists when the pitcher on the mound is left-handed.

2) Our hitters are either too eager or too nervous to get clutch hits.

3) Our pitchers have had some rotten luck, but walks are costing us.

4) The defense (Sea Bass) has been spotty lately.

5) The bullpen has been a rollercoaster ride.

6) McKeon is making some questionable moves with the bullpen.

how about, maybe we don't have what it takes to hold the division?

That's what I've been thinking lately. I'm not expecting much from now on. I'm going to sit back relax and enjoy the games from now on. Low expectations, no disapointments.

We have held it this long, I think we have what it takes, we just haven't clicked at all this season. If you notice, this team has been playing half assed all season long.

We need a good interdivisional series with the Braves to start getting on track.

1-Choi is horrible against lefties

2-our hitters arent even hitting with no men on base

3-walks arent the only things costing us

4-people make mistakes sometimes

5-well our bullpen has improved a little during the last few games

6-Jack knows a lot more baseball than you

CapeFish: Stop being so negative.

Marlins, If I was negative, you wouldn't be able to take it.

I am just stating the issues I see.

I think our starting pitching needs some more outings to get in their patterns.

Willis, Penny, Pavano, AJ, and Beckett all have shown very good command in the last few starts, but they have been quite unlucky.

I think the Fish really need to start being more aggresive on the basepaths, that may be what our offense needs to get started.

Well we have been having trouble even getting runners on base. We havent been getting so many runners on base. And when we dont get a lot of runners on base, we dont want them to get out by being aggresive on the basepaths. And a lot of times we are down by too much for being aggresive to even help. I mean in the first 2 games in the series we werent even close to winning. And being aggresive wouldnt have helped. In the third game(today)it would have probably helped but we didnt get so many chances.

Yea, lately the starting pitchers have been great, just haven't gotten that run support in the early innings. Gotta also notice that its a lot tougher for Pierre to steal this year, opposing teams have really adjusted. I've also noticed that now that Pudge is gone opposing runners haven't respected us as much...we need our catchers to throw some guys out from time to time, gain some respect (yesterday Traenor had it, bad call from the umpire)

What has killed us at the plate?

Not Ks too much

It's been fly outs and line outs.

We need to start playing to hit the ball in the holes and in the gaps. Hit it where they ain't. We cna't hit it out all the time, and we sure as hell can't drive in runs by flying out unless we steal bases and get those bunts down when needed.

Marlins, If I was negative, you wouldn't be able to take it.

I am just stating the issues I see.

I think our starting pitching needs some more outings to get in their patterns.

Willis, Penny, Pavano, AJ, and Beckett all have shown very good command in the last few starts, but they have been quite unlucky. Well I'm not really talking about the pitching. I mean thats not our problem. I'm talking about the hitting. Thats our problem. I mean we couldnt even take advantage of the Ranger's errors. Both teams werent hitting today. And at one point there were 3 runs, 3 hits, and 3 errors in the game. I think we had more people get on base by walking or through a error than by getting a hit! Our offense failed to get the job done once again. We were down by 1 and waiting for someone to do something for like the whole entire game!

Can I get some OFFENSE?

I agree with all of the above.

On #2, watching the team on the basepaths ain't a pretty sight either. It's like watching the A's and Blue Jays with their stationary running. JP and Luiy have rarely tested an outfield arm this month.

I think alike

in 2003 jp and luiy were unleashed

aggressive on the paths and it made us one hell of a team

the only thing that gives our lineup an edge over other lineups is our 1-2 punch

and JP and Castillo haven't been either 1. getting on base enough or 2. running enough and taking the extra base

Our team's success starts at one place, the mound. When a pitcher gives a good performance, the offense usually hits better.

Our offense has slumped and so our pitching has not been effective. Now in order to fix the offense, we need to make the other team nervous again and fear that we could do anything at any time.

We can bunt for a hit and steal second or belt a 400 foot homer into the seats. Right now, the feeling isn't there. that is our best offensive weapon.

I think the Fish really need to start being more aggresive on the basepaths, that may be what our offense needs to get started.

Well we have been having trouble even getting runners on base. We havent been getting so many runners on base. And when we dont get a lot of runners on base, we dont want them to get out by being aggresive on the basepaths. And a lot of times we are down by too much for being aggresive to even help. I mean in the first 2 games in the series we werent even close to winning. And being aggresive wouldnt have helped. In the third game(today)it would have probably helped but we didnt get so many chances. wrong

the reward is greater than the risk in this case

early in a game if we are tied, or in the first inning, we need to take full advantage of Pierre and Castillo's speed

Pierre and Castillo need to get the bunting action going as well

Everyone knows that Pierre can get on base AT LEAST once out of 3 times with a bunt single even if the defense knows its gonna happen

Well we have been having trouble even getting runners on base. We havent been getting so many runners on base. And when we dont get a lot of runners on base, we dont want them to get out by being aggresive on the basepaths. And a lot of times we are down by too much for being aggresive to even help. I mean in the first 2 games in the series we werent even close to winning. And being aggresive wouldnt have helped. In the third game(today)it would have probably helped but we didnt get so many chances. wrong

the reward is greater than the risk in this case

early in a game if we are tied, or in the first inning, we need to take full advantage of Pierre and Castillo's speed

Pierre and Castillo need to get the bunting action going as well

Everyone knows that Pierre can get on base AT LEAST once out of 3 times with a bunt single even if the defense knows its gonna happen Even if Luis and JP get on base it wont matter because we have been horrible with RISP...

I mean I wanted us to try and steal home sometimes because I knew we couldnt drive the runners in...

It dosent matter if JP and Luis get on base because we still cant do anything.

Thanks god that Luis scored in the 1st with his leadoff triple, because the way we have been hitting I might have said that he wasnt going to score...

Cape expects us the Fish to be perfect and go 162 with a .400 BA or better and not give up one Earned run the whole season.

:banghead Why don't you read my posts over the last year and a half on this board and see what I think. I do read your post. And you never have anything good to say. I don't know how many times you've talked about Penny/Beckett/Burnett all being in your doghouse like anyone cares, you use the sentence "Jack was overmanaging" in every single post, and you blame people who aren't to be blamed. How the hell do you blame AJ for todays loss? Is he still in your doghouse becauseof his attitude? You want him to be perfect after coming back from TJS? You want him to pitch a CG shut-out? How about you look at our offense and stop talking crap. 2 runs in 7 innings is a quality start and our team was in it. And we went to extra innings so HOW exactly did AJ lose the game in extra innings?

Anyone who has seen this team play when more than 1 or 2 batters are performing and one of our starters gives 7 good innings would have the same expectations as Cape.

DTrizzle, is it just me or has Pierre not been very effective beating out bunts either? It's like opposing teams are doing everything in their power to draw in fielders to stop him from bunting and throwing a thousand ridiculous pickoffs to keep him close. I'd like if he just slapped an opposite field hit or tried a Wee Willie Keeler chop bunt.

Anyone who has seen this team play when more than 1 or 2 batters are performing and one of our starters gives 7 good innings would have the same expectations as Cape.

DTrizzle, is it just me or has Pierre not been very effective beating out bunts either? It's like opposing teams are doing everything in their power to draw in fielders to stop him from bunting and throwing a thousand ridiculous pickoffs to keep him close. I'd like if he just slapped an opposite field hit or tried a Wee Willie Keeler chop bunt.

Very good points. There is no denying that the opposition is much better prepared this year. That's the price of being World Champs.

To stay on the top, they must work harder. Is this team as hungry as they were last year? There are a lot of questions mark at this point.