What's up with the grass?

Guest Moneyball

Guest Moneyball

i know the marlins have bigger problems right now, with the offense and all. But has anyone noticed how the grass has gone from a beautiful thick and green surface on opening day to a field that looks like football has been played on it. there are high school parks that look better than this. there are a lot of brown and bare parts. whos fault is it the marlins or huzienga? also why don't they let it grow thicker like at Wrigley so ground balls could be slowed down. if it looks like this now imagine how it would look come football season!!! right now it must be one of the worst in the league. also you have to blame the horrible sun we've had.

*ends rant*

The grounds crew is not taking care. I think Wayne may be using tactics less than nice to drive the Marlins out of PPS. The Marlins have a better road record than home record I believe, that is rare. We depend on the home field being our advantage, McKeon should pull a Bobby Cox and have them trim the field to his liking.

I have not seen it myself, but this might be a reason that Juan Pierre isn't trying for bunt singles lately - he always checks to see what the grass length is so hr knows whether he can bunt or not. If it is too short/patchy it would not work so well.

If thats the reason why JP hasnt been bunting than this is a real issue...

I may be wrong and I've never shrunk from an opportunity to lambast Wayne H. and the PPS guys in general but I have to think that the grounds crew maintaining the field for baseball are people who work for the Marlins not for PPS.

The field does look atrocious, it was impossible to miss all weekend, even with the rain that delayed the previous game, but something is clearly wrong.

As for JP and bunting, I believe the problem is more that our competitor's are playing more defensively in 2004, ever mindful that Pierre may be bunting. Most teams I believe have decided to take the bunt away by playing in on the grass, forcing him to try and hit the ball past or over them.