Jack Nicholson: Bandwagoner?

Guest Moneyball

Guest Moneyball

he was at the dodgers-yankees game with one of those ghettoed up yankee caps. so he's a lakers and yankees fan, the two teams who dominated their sports a couple years ago. is he a bandwagoner like most laker and yankee fans or is he a true fan??? he is from NJ so why doesn't he like the knicks or maybe the dodgers since he lives in LA. will we be seeing him at marlins games if we put together a dynasty? :shifty

he was at the dodgers-yankees game with one of those ghettoed up yankee caps. so he's a lakers and yankees fan, the two teams who dominated their sports a couple years ago. is he a bandwagoner like most laker and yankee fans or is he a true fan??? he is from NJ so why doesn't he like the knicks or maybe the dodgers since he lives in LA. will we be seeing him at marlins games if we put together a dynasty?? :shifty

Jack has followed the Lakers for many years now. Back in the 1970's, the then Lakers owner, Jack Kent Cooke was trying to create excitement by inviting Hollywood celebs to the not sold out games. Jack Nicholson enjoyed the games and became a Lakers fan. Now Jack is as diehard a Lakers fan as there is.

As far as the Yankees, he was Yankees fan when he was young.

Billy Crystal likes the Clippers & the Yankees. He's a half bandwagoner.

Ummm... Crystal has a REASON to like New York. He resides there and has said for years, that in terms of baseball history, New York has a place as having fielded some of the best players and greatest teams of all time.

He also roots for the Tigers on occasion (go figure). I remember my friend was there when they were shooting his HBO baseball moive (Summer of '32 was it?) and he talked about while he liked "the dreaded team up north" he always ejoyed the Tigers as well and went on some famous Tigers players he'd seen in hs day.

Who cares if they like winning teams? In all cases it doens't make these people bandwagon. Especially since most actors are from larger market towns, etc. It's not surprising a lot of actors that come from LA and New York or reside there like the teams. If I moved to Chicago or Philiodelphia it'd be hard to root for or care about the Blue Jackets (well, exceot for the fact that Chicago sucks) in hockey.

I consider bandwagoners to be people who live in an area and yet support teams they've never seen or don't even live near. This includes all the guys with Yankee's jerseys, Lakers jerseys and (in most cases) Michigan jerseys in Columbus. You know, the guys who live in C-Bus, have never LEFT the town in their life and yet, somehow root for these teams who win all the time and claim to have beena fan since day one (riiiight).

Billy Crystal likes the Clippers & the Yankees. He's a half bandwagoner.

Crystal has liked the Yankees for a long time like Batman said and grew up liking them. He was a fan of theirs when Steinbrenner bought them and they sucked ass.

My father was born in the Bronx and has loved the Yankees his whole life, but he lives in North Carolina now, does that make him a bandwagoner?

No.

He also roots for the Tigers on occasion (go figure). I remember my friend was there when they were shooting his HBO baseball moive (Summer of '32 was it?)

the movie is 61*. they filmed it at tiger stadium because thats the closest park they could find to old yankee stadium

I consider bandwagoners to be people who live in an area and yet support teams they've never seen or don't even live near. This includes all the guys with Yankee's jerseys, Lakers jerseys and (in most cases) Michigan jerseys in Columbus. You know, the guys who live in C-Bus, have never LEFT the town in their life and yet, somehow root for these teams who win all the time and claim to have beena fan since day one (riiiight).

While I think I know what you're getting at here, I think you have to account for transplants. I haven't lived in Chicago for 20 years, but still pledge prime allegiance to the team I grew up with. I live in Massachusetts. I'd think less of me if I'd sold out and jumped on the Red Sox bandwagon, even though I follow them closely and see most of my baseball in Fenway Park these days.

And who did everybody in South Florida root for before the Marlins were born? I'm guessing Atlanta? In Charlotte, another place I've lived, the expansion Panthers carved a chunk out of a longstanding Falcons and Redskins fan base, but those other clubs still have a strong following in NC.

I personally don't mind bandwagoners if they take the time to actually follow the team, rather than just don the colors. And people who change their minds every year or so do tend to be annoying.

Guest Moneyball

I personally don't mind bandwagoners if they take the time to actually follow the team, rather than just don the colors. And people who change their minds every year or so do tend to be annoying.

my friend last year went from being a dolphins fan to a chiefs to titans to green bay to new england. then in the MLB playoffs went from a giants fan to a cubs fan to a yankee fan to a marlins fan. he kept thinking the marlins would lose to one of these teams so he wanted to make sure he could say i told you so. now this year he's gone from a marlins fan to angels to yankees to red sox to angels again then a yankees fan now a marlins fan. i'm sure if i talk to him todya he's a d-rays fan.

i liked the Cubs before the Marlins came about (sorry ChiSox fans)...1993 when the marlins were created, I lost all interest in the Cubs, and hate them now (except for Derrek Lee). I mean, in 93 i was....8 years old...so, I liked the Cubs because I got to watch em play....I was a huge George Bell fan...and Andre Dawson...made it even sweeter when Dawson became a Marlin for a bit (isnt he still in the organization?).

I'm gonna be honest...i find myself rooting for both the Falcons (they practice at Furman's facilities...in fact, a lucky Falcon will be using my locker during their training camp) and the Panthers...most of my friends are Panthers fans...i used to like em when they were created (everyone jumped on board with the Jags when they were created, and I decided to be different)...then kinda lost interest....and so, it felt nice to root for Carolina...i mean I spend 10 of 12 months 2 hrs from their stadium.

Anyway...I have no idea where I'm going with this.