White Sox get Garcia

The Cheat

Works out real well for both teams, Seattle long term and Chisox short term.

My friend told me about that Braves deal, that would be highway robbery, but then he said Konerko could be involved, if that were the case it would be fair.

Also, maybe this means Seattle is giving up and might want to give the Marlins Everday Eddie

Reed who was USA Today's top Minor Hitter is a HUGE pickup for The Mariners. If I'm a white sox fan, I would have wanted Benson may not be Garcia but wow what they had to give up.

NObody wanted benson. The sox have tons of Minor League Outfielders. 3 top prospects still (Borchard, Anderson, Sweeney) -- I don't think that too many of us are really upset about losing Reed, but Olivo is another story.

Olivo is gonna be a stud... He was underutilised in Chacago already as it was.

I'll miss Miggy, and I would have liked to see Reed hit his potential on our club (though it's all "potential" thus far). I've known Seattle wasn't going to give Freddie away. The Mariners have gotten great lasting value out of this, whereas we've made a move to win now. I'm typically down on those moves as shortsighted, but winning now's been an overdue reward for fans of the Chicago White Sox. I call it a wash.

If we don't re-sign Garcia, we've paid extremely high rent for a dozen starts, and I don't like that so much. But Freddie solves the rotation problem for us. Now, it would seem we need a catcher. Alomar's not going to hold up for everyday use, and Ben Davis... ugh.

I've not heard of the Atlanta rumor. But if we've got money to spend on either of Atlanta's Joneses, I hope we gave Maggs a look at that cash first.

Works out real well for both teams, Seattle long term and Chisox short term.

My friend told me about that Braves deal, that would be highway robbery, but then he said Konerko could be involved, if that were the case it would be fair.

Also, maybe this means Seattle is giving up and might want to give the Marlins Everday Eddie

could be

eddie would be our answer in the pen