Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

White Sox get Garcia

Featured Replies

It's official.

 

Mariners get

Miguel Olivo

& Minor Leaguers. (Jeremy Reed & Michael Morse)

 

 

Sox get

Garcia

Ben Davis

Cash

  • Author

link?

No link -- reported on sportscenter

 

ESPN 1000 & Score in Chicago-- They had GM Kenny Williams press conference with him talking about the trade.

  • Author

Look for the Magglio to ATL rumors to come true within the next 10 day too.

 

That one has been rumored to be

 

Maggs + Rauch for Jones + Ortiz

Look for the Magglio to ATL rumors to come true within the next 10 day too.

 

That one has been rumored to be

 

Maggs + Rauch for Jones + Ortiz

which jones?

Works out real well for both teams, Seattle long term and Chisox short term.

 

My friend told me about that Braves deal, that would be highway robbery, but then he said Konerko could be involved, if that were the case it would be fair.

 

Also, maybe this means Seattle is giving up and might want to give the Marlins Everday Eddie

Look for the Magglio to ATL rumors to come true within the next 10 day too.

 

That one has been rumored to be

 

Maggs + Rauch for Jones + Ortiz

which jones? Andruw

  • Author

Also, maybe this means Seattle is giving up and might want to give the Marlins Everday Eddie

The Chisox wanted him too, I don't think he's on the market.

Reed who was USA Today's top Minor Hitter is a HUGE pickup for The Mariners. If I'm a white sox fan, I would have wanted Benson may not be Garcia but wow what they had to give up.

  • Author

Reed who was USA Today's top Minor Hitter is a HUGE pickup for The Mariners. If I'm a white sox fan, I would have wanted Benson may not be Garcia but wow what they had to give up.

NObody wanted benson. The sox have tons of Minor League Outfielders. 3 top prospects still (Borchard, Anderson, Sweeney) -- I don't think that too many of us are really upset about losing Reed, but Olivo is another story.

 

Olivo is gonna be a stud... He was underutilised in Chacago already as it was.

I'll miss Miggy, and I would have liked to see Reed hit his potential on our club (though it's all "potential" thus far). I've known Seattle wasn't going to give Freddie away. The Mariners have gotten great lasting value out of this, whereas we've made a move to win now. I'm typically down on those moves as shortsighted, but winning now's been an overdue reward for fans of the Chicago White Sox. I call it a wash.

 

If we don't re-sign Garcia, we've paid extremely high rent for a dozen starts, and I don't like that so much. But Freddie solves the rotation problem for us. Now, it would seem we need a catcher. Alomar's not going to hold up for everyday use, and Ben Davis... ugh.

 

I've not heard of the Atlanta rumor. But if we've got money to spend on either of Atlanta's Joneses, I hope we gave Maggs a look at that cash first.

Works out real well for both teams, Seattle long term and Chisox short term.

 

My friend told me about that Braves deal, that would be highway robbery, but then he said Konerko could be involved, if that were the case it would be fair.

 

Also, maybe this means Seattle is giving up and might want to give the Marlins Everday Eddie

could be

 

eddie would be our answer in the pen

have___than?

 

Were you setting up a mad lib for me Soriano?

I'll edit the post so your feeble brain can get it. my apologies for my lazy typing.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.