Jeff Kent out with a strained hamstring

rferry

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb...s_mlb&fext=.jsp

CHICAGO -- Jeff Kent left in the fourth inning of the Houston Astros' game on Tuesday against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field with a strained right hamstring.

Kent knocked a leadoff double off Glendon Rusch and took three or four steps around first base when he began to hop toward second.

After consulting with head athletic trainer Dave Labossiere and manager Jimy Williams, the second baseman walked off the field. He was replaced by Jose Vizcaino, who scored on Morgan Ensberg's triple.

Kent was back in the lineup Tuesday after missing Sunday's contest in Arlington in an effort to rest a sore pinky on his right hand, an injury he suffered sliding head-first into third base in a home game against the Pittsburgh Pirates on June 21.

Kent has been on the disabled list five times in his career, but never for a hamstring strain. Last year, he missed nearly a month with left wrist tendinitis.

He is currently listed as day to day.

:shifty Luis Castillo trails him in all-star voting.

day to day isnt going to stop him from starting that game in his team's city. Plus he deserves to start in my book.

No he doesn't, Biggio deserves to start at second base before Kent in the All Star Game. Cocaine is a helluva drug.... :lol

I'm Rick James b***h.....enjoy yourself

also....i dont think louis deserves to go to the ASG

Guest Juanky

day to day isnt going to stop him from starting that game in his team's city. Plus he deserves to start in my book.

No he doesn't, Biggio deserves to start at second base before Kent in the All Star Game. Because Biggio plays LF now?