All star team

MVPosey

Besides the 16 guys that were voted in by the fans, I have divided the other 46 players into into three categories:

AL

Guys that I would have put on the team too:

Curt Schilling

Mariano Rivera

Gary Sheffield

Ronnie Belliard

Victor Martinez

Ken Harvey

Carlos Guillen

Joe Nathan

Francisco Rodriguez

Tim Hudson

Mark Mulder

Hank Blalock

Francisco Cordero

Kenny Rogers

Guys that I wouldn't have put on, but not a bad choice either:

Carl Crawford

Miguel Tejada

David Ortiz

CC Sabathia

Michael Young

Guys that just shouldn't be there:

Ted Lilly

Tom Gordon

Matt Lawton

Esteban Loaiza

NL

Guys that I would have put on too:

Johnny Estrada

Armando Benitez

Mike Lowell

Carl Pavano

Tom Glavine

Jim Thome

Lance Berkman

Roger Clemens

Danny Kolb

Carlos Zambrano

Jack Wilson

Danny Graves

Eric Gagne

Jason Schmidt

Todd Helton

Guys that I wouldn't have put on, but not a bad choice either:

Ben Sheets

Sean Casey

Randy Johnson

Mark Loretta

Miguel Cabrera

Barry Larkin

Guys that just shouldn't be there:

Moises Alou

Livan Hernandez

starting lineup, AL vs. NL:

C. Ivan Rodriguez vs. Mike Piazza Edge AL

1B. Jason Giambi vs. Albert Pujols Edge: NL

2B. Alfonso Soriano vs. Jeff Kent Edge: NL

3B. Alex Rodriguez vs. Scott Rolen Edge: NL

SS. Derek Jeter vs. Edgar Renteria Edge: AL

LF. Barry Bonds vs. Manny Ramirez Edge: NL

CF. Ken Griffey vs. Vladimir Guerrero Edge: AL

RF. Sammy Sosa vs. Ichiro Edge: NL

I'd have Alou and Cabrera switched, Alou shouldn't be there after the major slump he's had recently, and Cabrera has been pretty impressive all season.

Other than that though, I really have to say I agree with your list there. Mark Buehrle got hosed, he should have went instead of Loaiza from our staff.

I'd have Alou and Cabrera switched, Alou shouldn't be there after the major slump he's had recently, and Cabrera has been pretty impressive all season.

Other than that though, I really have to say I agree with your list there.? Mark Buehrle got hosed, he should have went instead of Loaiza from our staff.

441938[/snapback]

or that japanese relief pitcher takatsu or whatever his name is

And i checked the numbers and didn't realize how far Alou's numbers dropped

The guy on the team for either side that least deserves being there is easily Jason Giambi, he has no business being there.

Oh, and Gordon shouldn't be there. If you want to bring a middle reliever like that, it should have been Takatsu instead of Gordon.

Tom Gordon deserves it.

nah, there are a couple more deserving MR in the AL than Gordon

Pedro should be on the team instead of C.C.

agreed

Putting Larkin on there was a classic gesture for a vet.

true, but they should have made him an honorary all star so he didn't take up a spot of someone that's having a great year

Sosa should not be on the team.

yeah he should. Bonds, Griffey, and Sosa is one of the greatest all star outfields of all time, and the starters should be the biggest name players, while the rest of the team should be who's having the best year

Chris Carpenter deserves to be on the team but whatever.. He's just 9-3 with a 3.50 era and has 88 k's.. :notworthy

May not be better numbers than others on the team but we wouldnt even be in first without Chris. I think our pitching should have got considered

Oh and some may not agree with me here but RAY KING (41 Games, 30 IP, 1-0, 1.20 ERA, 12 Holds, .190 BAA, 0.97 WHIP) should have made the team. He's not a closer though so that doesnt matter!

Im mad Carp didnt get picked, iffy about King which I didnt expect him to make it anyways, but that doesnt matter really because we're in first with the best record in the nl and 2nd best in mlb. :whistle

No way King should be there bud, that's a blind homer pick (don't worry we all do it) :)

As for Carpenter, you have a point. He's been your horse and your in 1st place, he could make a claim to be there, especially over Livan Hernandez (although he is the Expos mandatory rep).

Carpenter is just a great story, good to see him and the Cards doing well.

No way King should be there bud, that's a blind homer pick (don't worry we all do it) :)

As for Carpenter, you have a point. He's been your horse and your in 1st place, he could make a claim to be there, especially over Livan Hernandez (although he is the Expos mandatory rep).

442933[/snapback]

Yea so King may have been a little off there but he's been fantastic outta the pen this year.. Who woulda thunk it :thumbup

As for Carpenter, you have a point.? He's been your horse and your in 1st place, he could make a claim to be there, especially over Livan Hernandez (although he is the Expos mandatory rep).

442933[/snapback]

Yea so King may have been a little off there but he's been fantastic outta the pen this year.. Who woulda thunk it :thumbup

442969[/snapback]

*raises hand*

Like I said the day the Marquis/Wainwright/King for Drew deal happened, the Cardinals robbed the Braves unless Drew stays healthy, which means the Cardinals only really took advantage of the Braves in that deal.

:thumbup

Chris Carpenter deserves to be on the team but whatever.. He's just 9-3 with a 3.50 era and has 88 k's.. :notworthy

May not be better numbers than others on the team but we wouldnt even be in first without Chris. I think our pitching should have got considered

Oh and some may not agree with me here but RAY KING (41 Games, 30 IP, 1-0, 1.20 ERA, 12 Holds, .190 BAA, 0.97 WHIP) should have made the team. He's not a closer though so that doesnt matter!

Im mad Carp didnt get picked, iffy about King which I didnt expect him to make it anyways, but that doesnt matter really because we're in first with the best record in the nl and 2nd best in mlb. :whistle

442925[/snapback]

You have three starters in the infield and your ballot stuffing is sick, what are you complaining about. Their's plenty of good teams who got shafted and your complaining.

Carpenter would not have been a bad pick but someone had to be cutoff on your team.

Guest Juanky

My only quarrel with the original post here is I think Livan is deserving as is Gordon. But the rest I can side with.

Even with his save numbers, I feel iffy about Graves because his ERA's not that great compared to the other closers on the list and I think if Larkin's going to be on the team someone from The Reds should have to be left out.

Guest Juanky

I think Graves is kind of overrated this year, he's just racking up the saves without being especially dominating. He's the Braden Looper of past years with more chances.

I think Graves is kind of overrated this year, he's just racking up the saves without being especially dominating. He's the Braden Looper of past years with more chances.

445018[/snapback]

Agreed. He's only viewed as great because he has gotten so many save opportunities. I don't think he should be at the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.