Jack McKeon....nice old man or COLOSSAL IDIOT???

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Guest FlummoxedLummox

OK. Jack, I can't take it anymore.

Seriously, what's his love affair with damion easley and bunting?

You're all probably gonna start grousing at me because easley had 2 RBIs, but he still owes us one more from the error he made. I'm tired of it. Everytime he plays he makes an error. It's unbelievable. I wish I had the stats handy, so I could cite something. The amount of runs he's let in compared to produced has to be ungodly. How many times has he played for Louie at second and his nonexistent range has either caused him to miss a ball Castillo would have had easily or resulted in an error? Now he plays instead of Choi and lo and behold, another error (this has also happened plenty)!!!! The pirates scored 3 runs that inning, after mr. brick-hands, once again, fumbles the ball. He only gave us 2 runs, then struck out to end the game in the final at bat. In my book, I consider that a -1 run production stat.

TRADE HIM for ANYTHING!!! Please!!! I'd take a potato in exchange for this guy.

As for that decrepit old numbskull who manages the team....he tells the guy who won the game yesterday with a three run homer to bunt. Today, I read an article where McKeon said, commenting on Gonzo's homer, that people don't have enough faith in Alex, that he's been one of our best clutch hitters this past month. Why don't you follow your own advice???? Let the man hit!! THEN, in hte ninth, when Louie singles to open the inning, he has the player with the MOST hits on the team bunt. WHY? He's a phenomenal contact hitter. Let JP try to advance the runner by getting a hit or perhaps with louie's speed he can advace on a groundball. With those two, a double play is certainly out of the question. In baseball, the out is the most precious comodity. The defense wants them; its whole purpose is to get them. STOP GIVING THEM AWAY!!!! Make the defense work to get them. He gave away an out by having Choi bunt the other day. What's with this guy? I'm not even gonna mention how uses Hee Siop (or should i say doesn't uses?). I'd rather put a marlins hat on the POTATO we get for Easley and let it call the game. I like you Jack, but where's your brain?? Don't bunt with your best hitter.

Steam released. I'm much less angry now.

Look, I agree this game was horrible managed but have some sense here.

Alex has been clutch, but a lot of the time... he hasn't. He's as good a bunt candidate in that situation as anyone else.

As for JP's bunt, he laid down a terrible bunt. If he had hit the ball, there's a good chance he hits into a double play.

I'm not happy with Easley either. He's come through a big in a few games but I know more than often than not, games have ended with him standing at the plate caught looking at strikes. He hasn't done much as a PH and the errors suck too. But we all knew our bench stunk.

My biggest problem was with Pierre stealing.

The steal is such an inefficient way to "produce runs." Honestly, I wish we never stole.

446304[/snapback]

Especially since it was no better than a 50/50 proposition with flamethrowers on the mound, and behind the plate.

My biggest problem was with Pierre stealing.

The steal is such an inefficient way to "produce runs." Honestly, I wish we never stole.

446304[/snapback]

Seriously. You know they were expecting it and that throw was so dead on, it made us look retarded. As far as I know, Jack likes to leave the decision to steal up to the runners so who knows if it was him or JP. I hate stealing late in the game.

Steals are NOT inefficient. They are a part of the game and can be a valuable weapon. But, that steal from Pierre was not smart. Cabrera hadnt seen a strike yet. Most likely, he would have seen a walk and Pierre would be standing at second. Besides, the threat of a steal is what made Mesa a little nervous up there pitching and caused him to be a little wild.

Steals are NOT inefficient. They are a part of the game and can be a valuable weapon. But, that steal from Pierre was not smart. Cabrera hadnt seen a strike yet. Most likely, he would have seen a walk and Pierre would be standing at second. Besides, the threat of a steal is what made Mesa a little nervous up there pitching and caused him to be a little wild.

446311[/snapback]

Cabrera did walk, and so did Lowell. Pierre would have been standing on third with 1 out.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

446311[/snapback]

I agree that steals are not inefficient, but the runner has to be conscious of when the potential negative outways the positive. Especially, when recently that runner hasn't been having the best of luck. One out and a runner on with the heart of the order coming up is far better, then two outs with the bases empty. Especially, when it's the bottom of the ninth. I think it was a mistake for JP to go in that case.

I don't want to badmouth JP because he rocks, and I like everyone who wears a marlin's uni (except easley), and I support the whole team, but this downward spiral has been frustrating to watch. I like the coaching staff too, but sometimes I don't know where their heads are, or if they even have a head between the lot of em. I mean what was Cox thinking to send Cabrera around third??? I was listening to the radio because I don't get the games where I live in gainesville, so i couldn't even see where my boy from venezuela was on the base path, but when I heard Boog say that Cox was wavin' him around third i thought, "he must be insane. cabrera couldn't score from first if he was wearing roller skates." and what happens? cabrera's out. We need better decision making skills!!!

Guest FlummoxedLummox

nothing wrong with having Alex bunt... nothing at all

and Easley had a good game today

446302[/snapback]

hmm no, his error opened the flood gates

446403[/snapback]

yea, his error certainly served up those hits by the Pirates

446408[/snapback]

AND it happens everytime he gets on the field. The man is a walking calamity. I think he's a voodoo curse sent here by the rest of the NL east. He's decent offensively so it's difficult to bench him permanently, but everything he contributes is outwieghed by his mistakes.