Its time for Joe Dillon

WildMarlinMan2003

Can we go one freakin day without trying to turn the major league club into a new AAA team?

My cousin is tearing up the 7-8 year old T-Ball league. Should Admin and Jack give his coach a call too?

Not every single chump in AA or AAA is the next coming of Willis/Cabrera. Fact is, probably none of them are. That's why they aren't here already. Instead of accruing more frequent flyer miles with call ups and send downs I've got a novel idea:

Set a lineup and stay with it for more than two days.

*Sulks in corner grumpily*

I am all for cutting Lenny, and I am all for Dillion. I am just saying we are short one pitcher right now. We can manage to remain one short right now b/c of the All-Star break. However we will need to pick up another pitcher after the break.

We have some roster issues to work out in the near future. If we were to bring up Dillon, we would need to clear two current roster player.

FF, that is a good point.

However given the ineffective bullpen and bench, why not mix up the last 5 spots on the roster?

446617[/snapback]

IMO the first 17 spots on the roster have been mixed up enough due to injury and the three-times-a-week call ups.

Besides, what good comes out of taking a kid that is doing well on the farm and bringing him up if he's not going to get any significant PT? He's not contributing anything sitting on the bench here, so what's the point of bringing him up to the 4th stick off the pine?

They've already created a solution to this problem, and it's called the 40 man roster, not "time to build a pennant contender out of our farm."

Who do you want as that 12th pitcher? We've called up just about every pitcher on the AAA roster by now. So far we've seen Bump, Tejera, Small, Manzanillo, Phelps, and Howard. Of these pitchers, only Manzanillo and Bump have had any reasonable success. Howard has been ok at times, but has struggled a lot. The others have had some god-awful games this year.

If we're going to add a 12th pitcher, let's get someone from the outside this time, like we did with Koch.

Who do you want as that 12th pitcher? We've called up just about every pitcher on the AAA roster by now. So far we've seen Bump, Tejera, Small, Manzanillo, Phelps, and Howard. Of these pitchers, only Manzanillo and Bump have had any reasonable success. Howard has been ok at times, but has struggled a lot. The others have had some god-awful games this year.

If we're going to add a 12th pitcher, let's get someone from the outside this time, like we did with Koch.

446678[/snapback]

Phelps and Small did good jobs. Phelps is sorely missed right now.

Can we go one freakin day without trying to turn the major league club into a new AAA team?

My cousin is tearing up the 7-8 year old T-Ball league. Should Admin and Jack give his coach a call too?

Not every single chump in AA or AAA is the next coming of Willis/Cabrera. Fact is, probably none of them are. That's why they aren't here already. Instead of accruing more frequent flyer miles with call ups and send downs I've got a novel idea:

Set a lineup and stay with it for more than two days.

*Sulks in corner grumpily*

446583[/snapback]

You are right. One word for Jack: CONSISTENCY.

He has been consistently confusing with his lineup card. But that isnt what I am talking about. Jack does need to find a lineup and stick with it. The mix and match thing only confuses and complicates. It is hard to develop any rythmn and get a streak going if you dont know where you stand day in and out. That is why I thought these last two days were ridiculous with the lineup changes. They werent going to stick because Jack wouldnt let them stay that way.

The starters have to be more consistent then everything will fall into place. I too think Bump should be our spot starter. He has the ability.

I also think Dillon should be placed on our bench - but you have to do something other than just cut Harris. We cant afford to cast that money into the street - there is some team in contention that can always use a veteran bat, all time PH leader on their bench. What they can give in return...I dont know.

It's nice having a set line-up, but you can't blame him for trying to mix things up the way the offense has been going. As a Giants fan, I can tell you that they never have the same lineup and it works for them. What we need is some consistency from the offense. We need the team to come through with clutch hits and it needs to come from other guys besides Lowell and Cabrera.

It's nice having a set line-up, but you can't blame him for trying to mix things up the way the offense has been going. As a Giants fan, I can tell you that they never have the same lineup and it works for them. What we need is some consistency from the offense. We need the team to come through with clutch hits and it needs to come from other guys besides Lowell and Cabrera.

446806[/snapback]

Having Barry Bonds helps...

Guest FishFanInPA

446678[/snapback]

446797[/snapback]

Small pitched one game and gave up three runs...I wouldnt exactly say that's good. I don't want to see him again. We need to face it. THere are no Miguels or Dontrelles in this organization right now!

446678[/snapback]

446797[/snapback]

Small pitched one game and gave up three runs...I wouldnt exactly say that's good. I don't want to see him again. We need to face it. THere are no Miguels or Dontrelles in this organization right now!

446815[/snapback]

Never said that there were any MIgs or Dontrelles in this organization. Never compared Small to either. In fact, THERE ARE USUALLY NEVER ANY MIGS OR DONTRELLES IN A SEASON, LET ALONE ON ONE TEAM.

Small pitched all of 5.1 innings. He walked 1 and struck out 5. He threw strikes and only gave up 3 ERs - hardly a large enough sample size to find fault with.

FF, that is a good point.

However given the ineffective bullpen and bench, why not mix up the last 5 spots on the roster?

446617[/snapback]

IMO the first 17 spots on the roster have been mixed up enough due to injury and the three-times-a-week call ups.

Besides, what good comes out of taking a kid that is doing well on the farm and bringing him up if he's not going to get any significant PT? He's not contributing anything sitting on the bench here, so what's the point of bringing him up to the 4th stick off the pine?

They've already created a solution to this problem, and it's called the 40 man roster, not "time to build a pennant contender out of our farm."

446631[/snapback]

Have we even called up a kid and then gave him little playing time? No. We've been mixing and matching old prospects and AAAA guys all year. We're not looking for the next Miggy or Dontrelle. We're looking for someone anyone who can do better than the current cast.