Stark's First Half Awards

Passion

"Everytimne some one confronts you, you put down their intelligence or make some other stupid remark. How about actually disucssing your opionon."

Obviously both manny ramirez and guerrero are domincan, so that is a joke.

Furthermore, anyone who would take a player with a OBP ..50 less and a slugging close to .100 less than another player is STUPID.

"BTW, I think Jayson Stark knows just a bit more about baseball than you, considering he covers it for a living. But then again, you are Soriano Fan, so you know all. "

Reading the above, Stark is STUPID. Weren't these same guys calling for Boston to be in 1st place. After all, they do it FOR A LIVING. Oh wait, boston is 7 BACK and now they call the yankees for first place. The guys at ESPN are idiots...much like other people

Some Stats....

Guerrero:

.345 AVG

20 HR

77 RBI

.591 SLG

.392 OBP

.969 Fielding %

Manny:

.344 AVG

26 HR

77 RBI

.682 SLG

.437 OBP

.965 Fielding %

Well damn, Manny is having the better year.

:blink:

457712[/snapback]

But

Manny has a lot more support in the lineup.

That's why it goes to Vlad

it comes down to this: If Anaheim makes the playoffs, Vlad is MVP, if not Manny is MVP (if they're end of season numbers are similar to what they are now)

Guest Juanky

See, here is what I don't understand. The award is Most Valuable Player. Not Most Valuable Hitter. Not Most Valuable Offensive Player. Not Most Valuable Runner. Most Valuable Player. This means that the award should go to whomever in the American League means most to their team in all aspects of the game. Vlad anchors the offense (just look at his numbers), helps the running game, AND is very good at defense plus that ridiculous nuclear missile he has attached to his right shoulder. He is the Most Valuable Player, hands down.

456223[/snapback]

blah blah blah, bul bull bull

oh yeah, the stats are clearly in Ramirez's favor. You are just prejudice of dominicans...

457635[/snapback]

I'm down with Dominicans

And regardless, they are BOTH DOMINICAN.

Guest Juanky

I'll second what Mays said. You take Manny out of Boston, and they still have David Ortiz, Johnny Damon, and an otherwise very potent offense. Take Vlad out of Anaheim and you have Guillen and basura.

I'll second what Mays said. You take Manny out of Boston, and they still have David Ortiz, Johnny Damon, and an otherwise very potent offense. Take Vlad out of Anaheim and you have Guillen and basura.

458447[/snapback]

That's also the main reason why Bonds is MVP over Rolen. The Giants lose Bonds and who's their best player? Ray Durham. Ray Durham has missed the year, so the best player in the lineup has been...MICHAEL TUCKER.

Meanwhile, take Rolen out of the lineup, they still have Albert Pujols, Jim Edmonds, Edgar Renteria, Reggie Sanders, etc.

Guest Juanky

If I didn't absolutely hate Barry Bonds I'd vote for him.

That said he's still the most valuable player in the NL cuz the Giants' team SUCKS without him and Schmidt. Honestly, you guys have nothing.

If I didn't absolutely hate Barry Bonds I'd vote for him.

That said he's still the most valuable player in the NL cuz the Giants' team SUCKS without him and Schmidt. Honestly, you guys have nothing.

458512[/snapback]

But in that division, Bonds and Schmidt is all we need, and the postseason is mostly luck so we still have a good shot

Bonds makes a 30-40 game difference every year for the Giants

Some Stats....

Guerrero:

.345 AVG

20 HR

77 RBI

.591 SLG

.392 OBP

.969 Fielding %

Manny:

.344 AVG

26 HR

77 RBI

.682 SLG

.437 OBP

.965 Fielding %

Well damn, Manny is having the better year.

:blink:

457712[/snapback]

But

Manny has a lot more support in the lineup.

That's why it goes to Vlad

it comes down to this: If Anaheim makes the playoffs, Vlad is MVP, if not Manny is MVP (if they're end of season numbers are similar to what they are now)

458413[/snapback]

Uh, Manny bats BEHIND Ortiz and Nomar isn't exactly "protection" in the lineup...garrett anderson is.

Juanky:

Of course they are both dominican, if you read a post shortly after the other one, I even said so.

Furthermore, the point of saying that is because there is no logical reason to choose guerrero over a clearly superior manny, who's season is one of the best in the AL in recent years thus far.