ESPN Football 2k5 Countdown

sheff#1

You are officially a fool.

Have you even read or looked at anything about this game?

No you haven't.

From GameSpy:

ESPN Videogames today revealed new details about its upcoming pro football videogame, ESPN NFL 2005. The latest ESPN game will introduce enhancements to Franchise Mode, a new Total Control Tackling system, and more ESPN presentation elements including the implementation of ESPN personalities Suzy Kolber, Trey Wingo, and Mel Kiper -- and an expanded role for Chris Berman.

Total Control Tackling, is a new gameplay mechanic that gives gamers a deeper level of control on both offense and defense. On offense the ball carrier can fight for extra yards while being tackled; with superstar players, there's a good chance of breaking out of tackles. On defense, players now have full control when making tackles - they can choose to go for the big highlight hit, or the textbook wrap-up on opponents.

Many enhancements have been made to ESPN NFL 2005's Franchise mode. New additions include a week-to-week prep of the team's training and workout schedules, the ability to direct the coach's focus, and a new watch-and-react visual simulator.

Finally, ESPN NFL 2005 will feature ESPN's Suzy Kolber as both sideline and post-game interview reporter; SportsCenter anchor Trey Wingo, and ESPN NFL Draft guru Mel Kiper Jr. will also offer insight and opinion on the happenings in the NFL; and what ESPN Videogames calls "a true-to-life representation" of Chris Berman providing game wrap-ups and all the hard-hitting highlights from the week's games.

ESPN Videogames is proud to announce the early release of the critically acclaimed football game, ESPN NFL 2K5. On Tuesday, July 20th, ESPN NFL 2K5 will be unleashed to an eager public at the price of $19.99.

But don't let the price fool you - ESPN NFL 2K5 will deliver the most responsive and intense football gameplay yet. Revolutionary game features, rich multi-player competition, seamless visuals, and true-ESPN presentation features create the ultimate virtual football experience in ESPN NFL 2K5.

ESPN 2K5 'brings it' to the field with unmatched new features:

* The V.I.P. System brings a new level to competitive play by allowing players to save their on or offline opponent's game profile to compete against them whenever they want! We're talking a game that plays exactly how friends play-even when they're not there!

* Players have the opportunity to earn valuable crib points by playing against their favorite celebs, including Carmen Electra, Steve-O, Jamie Kennedy, Funkmaster Flex or David Arquette, and their dream teams. Players use the points they earn to deck out their virtual crib.

* Mind-blowing gameplay features like Maximum Tackle, QB Evade, and Defensive Hot Routes combined with stunning graphics help immerse players into the high-impact game that is football.

* Virtual, friendly competition is stressed as new online plans invite players to connect to the ultimate online gaming community. The most complete online experience is fully realized as players can setup-up online tournaments, message buddies for a game, and organize online leagues for full online season play.

From Gamepro:

The early version looked gorgeous. According to developer Visual Concepts, all the player models have been redone to mimic real-life movement. They?ve developed a ?muscle rig? system so that a player?s ?skeleton? and ?muscles? are independent systems but move together just as in the human body. The effect during gameplay really makes it look as if you?re watching a football game on TV.

Already enjoying a well-deserved reputation for showcasing up close views of player faces sans helmets, the preview also wheeled and dealed a good mix of pre-snap and post-play camera views and cinemas. In fact, last years 40 cut-scenes have ballooned up to more than 200. High-fives, downcast looks after botched plays, first down ?chops,? and quick-cuts to the sideline all serve to bring to life all the personality and drama of the real game.

The drive towards realism also extends off the field, too. This year ?virtual? Chris Berman puts his muscle behind the entertainment value more than ever. ESPN?s star sports show host gets the graphic reality treatment just like the players and with his signature announcing style did a fine job of matching their dialogue to any team matchup, weather condition, or coaching strategy.

All the Right Moves

There are also some very cool moves on the field. The preview build featured excellent passing and running. The controls felt sharp and precise like they?re already primed for opening day.

One thing you noticed right off the bat is that ballcarriers no longer make zany, momentum-defying quick cuts. You can?t just flick the stick to bust a hyper-speed change of direction. New motion-capture visuals and animations have made offensive moves much more fluid and natural looking so that cuts and cutbacks appear almost-eerily realistic.

Super Bowl Dreams

There?s no doubt that despite its well-deserved reputation for quality gameplay, ESPN NFL football moves through the season with a chip on its shoulder due to the formidable presence of that ?other? NFL football game. If this build is any indication, ESPN NFL 2005 should put on another fine performance this season, and it could?go?all?the?way.

Go ahead and pay 30 bucks for a game Just because it has "Madden" on it. Those of us who value our money and good gameplay will stick with 2K5.

LMAO. Yea I know my games bro. Ive looked into ESPN. And it cant be compared to Madden ever. Cuz madden is the better. WTF said Im getting Madden just cuz it has "Madden" on the cover. Hell no. Im getting madden cuz its way better man. Ive had Madden since 92. And last year I bought ESPN for the first time to change and it was crap. Im sticking to Madden because its the better of the two. Plus after looking at ESPN screenshots and I just have to sit and laugh man. Madden will always be the better game said and done.

Now who's the fool.

You stupid scrub.........lmao

I can just sit here and laugh at all the stupid ESPN fanboys.....PEACE

ive had every 2k game since dreamcast. and that FOOL that talked about madden is the typical Madden-ite fanbot quote. coming up with the easiest diss towards the game cuz of the price. even if the game remained unchanged from last year it would still beat madden 2005.ESPN has a cheaper price to win over the fanboys who buy anything with madden on it. the distribution company is known for selling games at bargain prices. this game has way more features and the gameplay and graphics own madden on everyway.look for the review on ign.com on friday and expect a 9.5 or better out of 10.

ive had every 2k game since dreamcast. and that FOOL that talked about madden is the typical Madden-ite fanbot quote. coming up with the easiest diss towards the game cuz of the price. even if the game remained unchanged from last year it would still beat madden 2005.ESPN has a cheaper price to win over the fanboys who buy anything with madden on it. the distribution company is known for selling games at bargain prices. this game has way more features and the gameplay and graphics own madden on everyway.look for the review on ign.com on friday and expect a 9.5 or better out of 10.

459210[/snapback]

reviews dont mean s***.....ive played both last year. and madden is better.....im not buying madden cuz it freakin has "Madden" on the cover...Im buying it because its the best! And I would pay $30 more dollars to have the better game with better quality.

This thread is dead for me.......Im just gonna sit back relax and laugh at you fools

And when the hell have you seen an excellent game for $20........NEVER.....All games below the normal price tags have always been NO GOOD games. Wake up man and stop dreaming. ESPN stinks. Im sick and tired of everyone saying ESPN is better than Madden when in reality ITS NOT!

459213[/snapback]

it is better u ass!. its just a price!!! the company thats marketing the game made the price what they want. the last 2 years espn has had way better reviews than madden. Madden will win in sales because all the fanboys are on maddens c**k

Madden will win in sales because ITS THE BETTER GAME....Get that through your thick skull. Reviews dont mean anything what so ever. Ill decide that when I play both games. But I already know Madden is the better one and always will be. DUH!

ESPN better my ass......lmao :banghead

459227[/snapback]

theres no need in arguing with a child. so ur telling me if a crappy game gets overhyped and alot of ppl buy it and it really sucks. it makes it a good game cuz alot of ppl bought it??

blah blah blah....DUDE put on your glasses you moron. You think when you're on the playing field you're gonna be clean and smelling good like mr.clean....NO....You're dumb and stupid....Screenshots dont show anything because frankly, the game isnt played from that point of view.

Looks like the Chargers O-Line is trying to munch on #79.....He looks kind of hungry....ESPN Dorks

blah blah blah....DUDE put on your glasses you moron. You think when you're on the playing field you're gonna be clean and smelling good like mr.clean....NO....You're dumb and stupid....Screenshots dont show anything because frankly, the game isnt played from that point of view.

459236[/snapback]

oh god STFU u child. espn looks better. wtf are u talking about u dont play from that point of view. ur a lil kid who is prob 9 yrs old and sucks on maddens c**k

Madden will win in sales because ITS THE BETTER GAME....Get that through your thick skull. Reviews dont mean anything what so ever. Ill decide that when I play both games. But I already know Madden is the better one and always will be. DUH!

ESPN better my ass......lmao :banghead

459227[/snapback]

Many people buy Britney Spears albums. It is usually no. 1 when it debuts. Does this mean it is of good quality? Heck no!

Madden has been around longer, it has more of a following, of course it is going to sell more than ESPN which has been around for 5 years or so.

I used to be a huge madden fan up until 2004. The game has no defense, the look had not been updated since 2002 and the commentating is more boring than watching paint dry.

The graphics are decent, but ESPN did custom face art before EA Sports did.

ESPN has lots of inatngibles that Madden doesnt have, the real life sports center (an actual computer generated person there). Draft preview and analysis, sideline interviews, highlight shows with actual plays from the week's games.

459236[/snapback]

oh god STFU u child. espn looks better. wtf are u talking about u dont play from that point of view. ur a lil kid who is prob 9 yrs old and sucks on maddens c**k

459241[/snapback]

Child? Are you a f***ing retard? Guy Im 22 f***ing years old you moronic idiot.

lol in your dreams.....why do you think they lower the price on it....to get people to buy it. because madden owns espn a million times more. plus it has been the king of football games and always be.

laterz

Madden is :::yawn::: oh so boring to play. Definately not worth the hype that everyone puts on it. Madden was best during the 16-bit era, after that it all went down hill. :thumbdown