Dontrelle an All-Star!?

Wild Card

They had this on the "Buy or Sell" segment of Around the Horn on ESPN. The official question was, do you buy or sell Marlins Rookie Dontrelle Willis in the NL All-Star game?

Woody Paige Said: Buy... "He should be there with Chicon and Prior"

Bill Plaschke Said: Buy... "He will be the next Vita Blue"

Mike Holley Said: Buy... "Opponents are hitting . 239 against him, and if he had consistant succees in the Minors, I don't think they will pick-up his delivery in the Majors"

Jay Mariotti Said: Sell... "The Marlins Will only have one All-Star and that has to be Mike Lowell"

I think this proves that Mariotti is an idiot, seeing that we basically have a gaurenteed 2 AS's, and could end up with three in Gonzalez...

I think he DESERVES to be in the AS game, but he won't be...

Willis doesn't deserve to be an all-star...

...HE IS AN ALL-STAR :)

What rookie has recently come from AA and pitched a 1-hitter against the likes of Cliff Floyd, Burnitz, and the other Mets in his 7th or 8th outing?

He is 6-1, better than Glavine and Maddux I believe. come on!

The real question is will he be rookie of the year (If i could vote, i would pick him for ROY)

Dusty better get his head screwed on right and pick Willis for the A-S Game!

Cape Fish

(I voted Yes Above By The Way)

NOW, from Pardon the Interuption:

Tony Kornheiser: "He's a cross between Fernando Valensuala and Orlando Hernandez."

Michael Wilbon: " I never want to see him pitch again. He's going to go 24-4 every season for the next 15 years and it won't be in a Cubs uniform."

I think you have to take Sea Bass right now... He's been the best SS in the NL, and second best in the Majors only behind Nomar...

Lowell is an obvious given, I mean, the guy is the best 3B in baseball right now, and by making him an All-Star it might even help his teams chances of acquiring him...

I think you have to take Sea Bass right now... He's been the best SS in the NL, and second best in the Majors only behind Nomar...

Lowell is an obvious given, I mean, the guy is the best 3B in baseball right now, and by making him an All-Star it might even help his teams chances of acquiring him...

Well Josh if that's The Case that Sea Bass is better than Rent, Then Luis is not a top 5 second. Because right now your judging on Power not on Getting on Base with that The Case you can't say...

That Luis is one of The Best Seconds due to getting on base but yet Edgar is not because he does not have The Power...

Edgar will get The Nod

Apparently you cannot read, Rune... Look at the key words I used when I posted. I will capitalize the key words...

"He's BEEN the best SS in the NL..."

"Lowell is an obvious given, I mean, the guy is the best 3B in baseball RIGHT NOW..."

I never said Sea Bass was the best SS in the NL overall. I said at this point in the season he has been. Same with what I said about Lowell...

Sea Bass is beating Edgar in SLG and OPS... his SLG is 6th best in the NL, his OPS is 9th best...

how could he not go?

Because 2 Guaranteed All Stars, Is going to hurt SeaBass but...

Then you have a guy who is near the top of Average plus two guy's who play SS for Dusty's teams.

Rent will get in, Because it will make it easier to handle for Dusty rather than explaining why Sea Bass is not on the team on Media Day.

Apparently you cannot read, Rune... Look at the key words I used when I posted. I will capitalize the key words...

"He's BEEN the best SS in the NL..."

"Lowell is an obvious given, I mean, the guy is the best 3B in baseball RIGHT NOW..."

I never said Sea Bass was the best SS in the NL overall. I said at this point in the season he has been. Same with what I said about Lowell...

Wow! Such fighting words Josh! :jerry

Read The Post I made to Ramp should explain everything for you...

I read that post... Read my second post...

Maybe THAT should explain to you why Alex should be an All-Star...

And di it ever occur to you there could be THREE NL SS in the AS game?

Did it ever occur to you that you need to chill out?

Dusty is going to save face in San Fran by letting Aurillia in. He also stands to put(The Cubs) Gonzalez in plus you have players like Furcal doing great also. Sea Bass is better than Furcal, Rollins and the other names in The SS position but...

You just never know.

I can gaurentee you Aurilia and Alex S. won't make it... It would be idiotic to out them in the AS game...

The All Star game is Idiotic. It's a popularity competition even with The Manager's picking The Bench. It's a part of The Game but Dusty is going to get a lot of heat no matter what but hell as long as he is happy, think he cares?

Well, I wouldn't really consider Aurilia and Alex S. popular players in the first place. Aurilia had one good season and dropped completely. I haven't heard anyone say his name once this year... And if anyone has heard of an Alex Gonzalez, it's the Marlins version. He is getting some well deserved attention defensively, and a little bit offensively...

If this team is maybe 2-5 games over . 500 at the time he chooses the team, Florida should have 3 AS's, four if Baker like Dontrelle that much...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.