At least the NATIONAL media is giving the Marlins

Teal Shadow

credit. Pete Gammons says" I give Beinfest and the marlins' scouts alot credit for finding Willis, it was great scouting on the Marlins part." Well atleast someone gives this people there due. I guess the local media rather go run and get a quote from a former marlin (knowing what kind of answer he's going to get) and printing it. This guys down here just don't get it....

I never agree with Pete either but here with those comments at least he's giving this GM/scouts credit for finding the kid.....saying something positive rather then just find the negative angle to everything. One thing he said was Dontrelle is "the next best thing in baseball" thats a strong statement

Exactly...

Maybe now some more votes on some ballots will read "Alex Gonzalez, Florida Marlins"

I think McKeon really helped Willis, though... Saying that he should be in the AS game was a very good, bold move on Jack's part, and all it did was give Dontrelle MORE possitive press...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.