Mike Lowell & Miguel Cabrera

Foladar

Figured I would share this, as another member told me about it (Thanks!)

Mike Lowell - Sat 7/31/04 - 12PM thru 1:30PM

Coral Square Mall in Coral Springs, Florida

Extreme Promotions - Prices and More Information - (954) 916-3834

Miguel Cabrera - Sat 9/18/04 - 12PM thru 2PM

BC Sports Collectibles (Aventura Mall)

19575 Biscayne Blvd.

Miami, Florida

BC Sports - Prices and More Information - (305) 931-8819

Awesome, I think i'll probably go to the Mike Lowell signing this Saturday because i'm also going to be going to the Expos game, so i'll probably go to that signing and then just spend the day in Miami, $39 is kind of expensive though. I'll probably go to the Cabs signing too if I don't get his autograph for free at the season ticket holder meet and greet event.

A few weeks ago one of my friends got Lowell's autograph before a game and the signature looked like crap but at these signings where you're paying the signatures are always really nice looking.

40 dollars? Good lord. I must not be familiar with prices for these type of things.. no wonder Mike never signs at games..

475930[/snapback]

haha, you should see the prices for guys like Randy Johnson, Clemens, etc. All of them are easily $100+ for flat pictures and balls and $150+ for jerseys and whatnot and these are just at signings, if you buy from places like Steiner expect to spend at least 200+ for just a ball. A lot of players (well the greedy ones at least) actually have 2 different signatures, one of them is just a scribble ugly signature that they'll do for free when in public or at games and the other is a nice fancy looking signature which they do at professional shows and signings and whatnot.

40 dollars? Good lord. I must not be familiar with prices for these type of things.. no wonder Mike never signs at games..

475930[/snapback]

haha, you should see the prices for guys like Randy Johnson, Clemens, etc. All of them are easily $100+ for flat pictures and balls and $150+ for jerseys and whatnot and these are just at signings, if you buy from places like Steiner expect to spend at least 200+ for just a ball. A lot of players (well the greedy ones at least) actually have 2 different signatures, one of them is just a scribble ugly signature that they'll do for free when in public or at games and the other is a nice fancy looking signature which they do at professional shows and signings and whatnot.

476001[/snapback]

Sad but true, and actually, Randy Johnson's isnt like that =] I saw him signing some cards and such at one of the Marlins games, I didn't manage to get him myself though. Was right after the perfect game. Oh, and these prices are actually a bit, average.. was tempted myself but would rather take the money towards the game.

I realize that it's probably average and "cheap" comparitively, but 40-100 dollars for a signature is just ridiculous. Especially so considering how much these people are paid to begin with. Not surprising though.

476402[/snapback]

Not all the money goes to Lowell, something like half of it goes to the promoter, also a lot of these guys donate the money from these things to their favorite charities or the teams foundation or something along those lines, although if that were the case in the Lowell signing i'm sure it would have been advertised as such. I bought an autographed Nolan Ryan baseball from the Nolan Ryan Foundation where 100% of the money goes to his foundation for kids with down syndrome or something like that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.