"Life Ain't Worth A Penny"

CapeFish

LAst Friday Vs. The rangers was because he was following the coaching. He got variety into his pitches. He was shaken up a little in the first, but got out of it. I don't know why he went back to his stubborn ways for today's game, other than he wants to show up McKeon or get traded, and neither will happen.

I think we all need to raealize one thing: Penny isn't turning into the ace everyone thought he could be.

But with that being said, there is no reason why he won't be an above average 3 or 4 man in the rotation.

I just wish someone in the Marlins' dugout would actually teach him how to pitch, and not just throw. It pains me to see him stumble through some of his games. It's like no one has ever taught him the knowledge to correct his mistakes mid-game.

And he won't learn it in AAA ball, where he can always rely on 90+ MPH smoke wagons to blow away inexperienced hitters when he gets into jams.

Penny being traded is possible, but not probable. He won't draw what he's worth on the market.

Remember, the Marlins put out the feelers before this season shopping Penny. He wouldn't move because he had the rap that he was damaged goods. Whether it's true or not doesn't really matter, the word is out.

Keep em' in there and see if he develops. He keeps us in most games he starts. It's not like Cy Young is sitting in AAA or the bullpen waiting for a chance.

I think we all need to raealize one thing: Penny isn't turning into the ace everyone thought he could be.

But with that being said, there is no reason why he won't be an above average 3 or 4 man in the rotation.

I just wish someone in the Marlins' dugout would actually teach him how to pitch, and not just throw. It pains me to see him stumble through some of his games. It's like no one has ever taught him the knowledge to correct his mistakes mid-game.

And he won't learn it in AAA ball, where he can always rely on 90+ MPH smoke wagons to blow away inexperienced hitters when he gets into jams.

I agree.

McKeon wont allow a player to demand a trade?... is McKeon his father now?

Remember this quote? That is what you are implying, that McKeon should be some pushover that falls at the feet of Beinfest. He was brought in to fix the team, that's what he is doing. He must be able to challenge cocky players (Penny) and not let them run from the problem. It is for Penny's benefit and the club's benefit.

Remember this quote? That is what you are implying, that McKeon should be some pushover that falls at the feet of Beinfest. He was brought in to fix the team, that's what he is doing. He must be able to challenge cocky players (Penny) and not let them run from the problem. It is for Penny's benefit and the club's benefit.

This may be true to a certain extent, but if you think Beinfest or Loria will let McKeon get in the way of the FO's agenda (whatever that is) you are sorely mistaken in where you think the power lies. And it's even more so this year because McKeon is a lame duck.

McKeon is a problem solver, he doesn't make trades. But he can influence certain moves. Penny declared war on McKeon when he blew the Angels game and blamed McKeon for taking him out too early! War has only two outcomes. McKeon wins or Penny Wins. Pick your choice.

McKeon will be back next year if he performs.

Penny declared war on McKeon when he blew the Angels game and blamed McKeon for taking him out too early!

Isn't it a little too speculative to start interpreting the interpersonal dynamics that exist between people that you only see on TV or in a stadium, much less someone's motives for an athletic performance?

McKeon will be back next year if he performs

Not a chance.

Ok, Capefish, play the role of GM for a sec.

You gonna side with a manager who was hired in the middle of the season, who has no long term value (even if he does stay, he's not here more than another year) and who you are paying 500K for a one year contract.

Or, are you gonna side with a player you've had under a long-term deal whose future value to you is purely dependent upon how he performs on your club?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.