Trying to get DW and the Marlins on national TV...

Ramp

If both the Cubs and Marlins keep the same days off and the same amount games till July7th. Then you'll see a Clement/ Willis match-up, how bad do you think the FO will want that game :p

Is that a home game or a road game... :shifty

None the less dispite where it is it will get some fans out to the ballpark, but if it was a home game... :thumbup

I love GW, he is the perfect president. He's a baseball fanatic that will spar with Selig and win AND he's a republican. Gotta Love him,

CSPAN belongs to the cable co's and the sattelite co's and has some taxpayer support. Gotta love the way Ted Kennedy was shown whos write by the lady caller. It's a public service, but seriously we need an MLBTV Channel. I heard MLB and Fox were working on it. SPEED channel to Nascar: MLB TV for MLB! Good things will happen!

WHAT ARE YOU, CRAZY??? The pres maybe a baseball fan, but it aint showin for south FL. His bro, jebby (i hate him and the rest of his family) which I wont get into politics, but jebby gave the marlins a sucker punch in the nads when he declined the marlins stadium revenue back in the John Henry days... He was lobbied hard, but still... if it wasnt for him, the fish would have a stadium right now.

REPUBLICANS SUCK JP,

Jeb couldn't spend money on a ballpark when we have such a big classroom size problem. If he spent the $$$ on the ballpark, that would be irresponsible.

By the way, Jeb got hit by Democrats outside of Miami when he thought about passing the cruise tax. Mickey Arilston. (CEO of Carnival Cruise Lines, owner of the Heat, and lead area Democrat fundraiser) threatened to sue the state if they passed the ballpark cruise tax, even though he used tax $$$ to build the AAA. If you have any gripes, blame him OK.

There's no way our two wonderful senators (Graham-D and Nelson-D) are going to ask Congress for Federal $$$ for a ballpark. The president doesn't pass budget laws, only suggests them, we learned that in what, eigth grade?

Do not bark up the "blame jeb tree", i have followed it since the tax idea started and he did right. His choices were...

A) Marlins ballpark

B) 50+ kids in a class with even worse teacher shortage

B wins over A, always!

A tax cut/rebate idea would have worked except Florida House Democrats vetoed it and it lost support with many Democrats down here. It would have given the Marlins the ability to not pay about 85% of thier state taxes and put it in a state watched bank account to pay for the ballpark. Tampa has a state-built ballpark (The Trop) and they did it tthis way except there was no team, only local government and chamber of commerce.

LOL I agree Wild Card, but with all the kids I had at my classes this year (40 in a small class, all classes in portables) we broke the fire marshall's order and he almost closed down the Flanagan Annex, good thing I am not there anymore! Ft. Myers 25 kid classes here i come full time! :cool

Hey, I don't care how big my class is. I care about how big the Marlins crowd is.

tru dat homie.

its not like Florida is doing any better in the FCAT and stuff anyways lol. Education in FL SUCKS. BTW nice job of Jeb wasting money on private school vouchers and eliminating summer school except for the retards that fail in HS.

Jeb is tearing FL apart. His brother is ruining our economy and ruining our nation!

and dont give me that 50 per class or a marlins stadium junk... ANYBODY with the last name of BUSH automatically does not know how to handle a checkbook.

Its all Jebs fault.

SAY NO TO REPUBLICANS

LOL I agree Wild Card, but with all the kids I had at my classes this year (40 in a small class, all classes in portables) we broke the fire marshall's order and he almost closed down the Flanagan Annex, good thing I am not there anymore! Ft. Myers 25 kid classes here i come full time! :cool

lol that annex is a joke. i cant believe they just didnt build flanagan bigger the first time around.. its a relatively new school..

haha if you live next to flanagan , why arent you at the game!!

Whatever, this is a baseball forum, not a political one. You cannot be convinced and neither will I. I do think that this offseason we will get a stadium financing package. Hopefully private not government.

BTW, I have a public education, I love the FCAT because it makes my lazy butt teachers teach and I'm proud of it. I hate the vouchers, it sounds like a democrat thing.

The economy fell because Clinton allowed all the Enrons, Martha Stewarts, etc. get away with things. When Bush came in, thing got bad for them and thier illegal money making bubble popped. People lost confidence and the economy fell. Greenspan didn't help either, he started crying in Summer 2000 about problems while Clinton's White House said nothing.

If Bush doesn't know how to handle a checkbook then why is Florida the only state with a growing economy?

I do not live near Flanagan anymore, if you read above I moved to Fort Myers. I now live hear during the baseball season, but now i live here full time.

Flanagan is a big school about 2000 people in the main school. We had a small problem, we had 4000 people! They didn't build it well because Democrats ran our school board. It opened in 1996, planned in 1992-1993.

Whatever, this is a baseball forum, not a political one. You cannot be convinced and neither will I. I do think that this offseason we will get a stadium financing package. Hopefully private not government.

BTW, I have a public education, I love the FCAT because it makes my lazy butt teachers teach and I'm proud of it. I hate the vouchers, it sounds like a democrat thing.

The economy fell because Clinton allowed all the Enrons, Martha Stewarts, etc. get away with things. When Bush came in, thing got bad for them and thier illegal money making bubble popped. People lost confidence and the economy fell. Greenspan didn't help either, he started crying in Summer 2000 about problems while Clinton's White House said nothing.

If Bush doesn't know how to handle a checkbook then why is Florida the only state with a growing economy?

:wacko : ahhh, republicans.... republicans......

MarlinLover 2003, so true. I think that the fish will get the ballpark package this year though. The economy seems to be returning to good levels and the housing market down there is booming. (higher prices for houses mean higher property values which mean more tax $$$$) I hope it can be done without tax $$$, but i doubt it.

micky ain't too bright. See the Heat's team record and transactions over the club's history. He is not a fair player, and never will be. Loria is a democrat so he will use that to fight micky (fund raisers mean everything to dems in sofla). Jeb will try to help as long as he doesn't madden the rest of the state. He has 67 counties to worry about, not only 3 or 4 in sofla. The Orlando MAgic want and need a new arena as well, so there is competition.

Most likely we will get the ballpark before they get a new arena. The Orlando arena doesn't rob them as much as PPS does to the Fish. I have a big feeling that Loria and Co. have been awaiting the studies (PPS improvements and new Ballpark sites/financing recommendations) and allowing the area to cool off and enjoy the team on the field. Since the team is winning they will make a logical arguement to get it.

***In 2000, the City of Hialeah's voters allowed the city to publically finance a Marlins ballpark in Hialeah. Marlins Ballpark at Hialeah Park anyone? Not such a bad neighborhood and next to MetroRail.

Unfortunately John Henry ignored the Hialeah proposal wanting to be Downtown. Who lives in Downtown compared to Hialeah? Homeless, Druggies, and Some very rich people. Sorry, but Hialeah would be much better than Downtown or North Miami where PPS is. Hispanics live in Hialeah, Hispanics (like me) love baseball, We go out to the games. Such a shame to see Hialeah Park closed, but a ballpark there in one of the old parking lots could really help the area. I think Loria would be open to the idea, maybe he doesn't know. Those of you that "talk" to him, please let him know that Hialeah has the ok to build and is willing!

Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are broadcasting the Mets/Yankees game but some how are talking about Dontrelle Willis.....

they called him "Vida New".....

Tim McCarver: "Good chance we see him July 15th, in the All Star Game, if he wins a couple of more games."

Joe Buck: "This kid is something....They have a gem down there in South Fla"

So Buck is now not only a Cardinal worshipper, but a Willis Worshipper! Another one joining the D-Dub Bandwagon. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy