One more agent bites the dust

08/06/2004 6:55 PM ET

Jeff Moorad to join Diamondbacks executive team

Phoenix -- The Arizona Diamondbacks today announced that long-time player representative Jeff Moorad would join the ball club as its Chief Executive Officer-Elect on September 1, 2004, and then as Chief Executive Officer effective January 1, 2005. Current CEO and Chairman of the Board, Jerry Colangelo, will remain in his role as CEO for the remainder of the 2004 calendar year, then maintains his Chairman of the Board status through 2005. Moorad is scheduled to add the Chairman's role to his responsibilities effective January 1, 2006. Colangelo will then serve the organization as the Chairman Emeritus from the 2006 season and beyond.

"As I have stated to you on several occasions, my professional life has been in a transition stage over the last few months and this reorganization continues that trend," said Colangelo. "I've done everything and more than I ever thought I would accomplish upon moving to the Valley in 1968. As we all know, time does not stop, and at 64 years old I want to make sure that this organization has everything, and everyone, in place to return to the successes we savored so early in our brief history.

"As for Jeff, I've known him for an awfully long time, working with him over the years in a variety of professional endeavors. He's a person I have the utmost respect for and know that this transition will be a seamless one for him. His background and knowledge from working with athletes for his entire career can only enhance a Major League front office, and I'm glad that it is here in Arizona where he has chosen to take that next step."

Moorad, who has resigned from his agency, Moorad Sports Management, has represented athletes since 1983 and has been named to The Sporting News' list of the 100 Most Powerful People in Sports on seven occasions.

"I have watched sports in Phoenix and the state of Arizona achieve phenomenal growth during the time that I have been in the industry, and that growth can be directly attributed to Jerry Colangelo," said Moorad. "I have dealt with Jerry extensively over the years on a professional level and as a friend. We not only enjoy a time-honored friendship, but my respect for what he has contributed to the sports landscape and to this part of the country is immense.

"After 20 years in the baseball industry, I have come to appreciate the qualities in an organization that can differentiate and ultimately contribute to success on the field. In my opinion, there is not a better organization in sports than the Arizona Diamondbacks. I am honored to have the opportunity to help this organization live up to its rich young tradition."

Who had Moorad as their agent?

i posted about this already in the MLB Forum Cape.

http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...showtopic=27475

499262[/snapback]

See SpamFish, someone already posted it in the CORRECT forum.

499276[/snapback]

Your trolling on every Capefish thread is getting annoying... Stop being a wannabe mod...

499290[/snapback]

Actually, if someone else had posted this, I would have said the same suggestion. So, :fyou

i posted about this already in the MLB Forum Cape.

http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...showtopic=27475

499262[/snapback]

See SpamFish, someone already posted it in the CORRECT forum.

499276[/snapback]

Your trolling on every Capefish thread is getting annoying... Stop being a wannabe mod...

499290[/snapback]

Actually, if someone else had posted this, I would have said the same suggestion. So, :fyou

500362[/snapback]

Yet another :goodpost